GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCPXP

Oct 8, 2010
New Brunswick, Canada
Hear me out. Assuming impact addition on defence doesn't happen for us. Assuming Boston lets Chara go and all accounts indicate he wants to keep playing. Assuming again a contender doesn't come calling. A one year overpay to NJ? Even at 43, we get replacement level play at least. I think the impact on younger defence could be enormous. No one better out there to be an example of how to be a professional and build foundation of winning culture. And likely an asset could be had at trade deadline.
Lots of assumptions and yes unlikely but intriguing idea.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I honestly am not wanting to sign any bottom six players or bottom pairing defenseman. We have enough bottom six players and enough Players vying for those positions.
We have MCLeod, Kuokkannen, Anderson Bastian, Boqvist merkley Etc Etc fighting for those positions.
Let’s see what they got now.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Would love to get Hoffman strictly just to help Hughes lol it'd be nice to have someone finish for him

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i think a lot of people are going to be surprised at MAF’s return. he’s still a more than capable goalie on a somewhat decent contract, vegas isn’t going to give him away for nothing.

i’d love to get him here, it would probably cost something dispensable like wood

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
i think a lot of people are going to be surprised at MAF’s return. he’s still a more than capable goalie on a somewhat decent contract, vegas isn’t going to give him away for nothing.

i’d love to get him here, it would probably cost something dispensable like wood
It was already reported that the entire league turned down a 2nd to take him.. Not sure the truth to it, and it didn't mention if anything was retained or not. But a capable defender with a lower cap hit going for a 5th might be writing on the wall for bigger contracts this season.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

they offered him league wide with a 2nd round pick attached and no one bit

so yeah.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

Do you mean with salary retained? Vegas already offered him to the league with a 2nd round pick for nothing.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
It was already reported that the entire league turned down a 2nd to take him.. Not sure the truth to it, and it didn't mention if anything was retained or not. But a capable defender with a lower cap hit going for a 5th might be writing on the wall for bigger contracts this season.

yeah i guess it depends on retention, but really i’m talking about the return. i don’t think it will be ahl fodder or future considerations going back the other way.

we’re in a very good position- we won’t need them to retain and we have somewhat valuable pieces we can send back without crippling the structural integrity of our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad