GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I so want NJ to do an offersheet for Sergachev badly.

He would complete the left side perfectly after Murray addition. I know that is a longshot.

Similarly, I want Pietrangelo to re-sign with St Louis, which may then make Vince Dunn available.

We are a good top 4 LD away from having a very respectable defense. And looking at the unrestricted free agent list, there arent many good LDs available. Krug is probably the only one and he is probably too old to fit in with the teams timeline and younger players.

Therefore another trade needs to be done.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Toffoli or Dadonov would be incredible additions up front. Dadonov would probably be my top target there.

On the back end I would want to see a Gudas or another solid, steady defensive guy for the bottom pairing. Another Lovejoy so to speak.

Reactions: Normal Devil

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
For all you guys that naively expect the Devils to offer sheet someone......

upload_2020-10-9_9-23-48.png

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
Toffoli or Dadonov would be incredible additions up front. Dadonov would probably be my top target there.

On the back end I would want to see a Gudas or another solid, steady defensive guy for the bottom pairing. Another Lovejoy so to speak.

Get Dadonov!

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Would much prefer another trade today rather than a signing.

For sure, there’s some quality players that will likely be available for cheaper than usual.

But I would first go for the top targets like Dadonov at reasonable deals and terms and see if there’s any mutual interest. Maybe the Gusev connection might bring him here.

The only issue with adding a forward like that is that it basically puts the writing on the wall to only keep one of Palmieri or Gusev. If you add Dadonov, I would assume that would put Gusev as the front runner to resign.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
7 year deal on Joe Thornton or bust
You’re an idiot. Why would you do that? Look at what we just paid For Ryan Murray? We paid a fifth round pick. Therefore Thornton is worth probably a seventh right now. A seventh round pick is virtually nothing. You trade for him and then you sign him for “8” years as opposed to the seven you’re suggesting. God. Some people just don’t understand how to manage assets.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

I don’t see us signing a scoring winger to a 4-5 year deal. We have Palms and Goose, how many older wingers are we going to be paying?

I’m not sure their trade value of the two we have, in terms of futures, is ever going to be that great. One of the main reason teams in the hunt pick up players at the TDL was making the playoffs, and doing well in them, meant getting extra home games that were more lucrative than regular season ones. If there are playoffs teams will presumably want to win and Palms at 50% retained would be a top target so contenders may go for him anyway but we can’t ignore how different the economics are this year.

I believe the reports that they started to negotiate a extension with Palmieri so presumably both sides wanted to see what the market’s like before hammering out a deal but I’m guessing they will do it.

Goose is super entertaining but his trade value and future will be decided by next season. It would be kind of pathetic to lose him before Vegas even uses that 2nd and I’m a little eager to have a Russian ambassador on the team to get these KHL defensemen over now that we used a 1st on one. Who knows what Goose wants and it wouldn’t surprise me if the team has not really spoke to him.

Maybe we get Craig Smith on a two year deal if he falls through the cracks? I just don’t buy the 4-5 year top six winger deal (and blathered on about it about obviously.) Or something along those lines.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
You’re an idiot. Why would you do that? Look at what we just paid For Ryan Murray? We paid a fifth round pick. Therefore Thornton is worth probably a seventh right now. A seventh round pick is virtually nothing. You trade for him and then you sign him for “8” years as opposed to the seven you’re suggesting. God. Some people just don’t understand how to manage assets.

Is joke. Why you heff to be mad

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
It was a joke.

Reactions: glenwo2 and Forge

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Friedman was just on the FAN 960 ( Calgary sports radio) .
He said Fleury is going to be traded for sure. Teams he has heard as "possible destinations" are Penguins , Devils and one other team.... ( I missed who he said is the third team )
I know a lot of people are against that , but I think its a very good fit depending on what assets are attached and retention amount.
With zero retention .. It better be something good like a 1st plus .

Also to the above poster , no way in hell MAF gets taken in the expansion draft. Blackwood is safe if MAF is the other goalie.
Thats one of the reasons why it would be good to get him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad