GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I do kind of agree with you, but I also feel "breezed into the playoffs" part is largely attributed to Gibson going godmode. We'll see if it continues into next season, and most importantly if his groins don't disintegrate at some point.
Team seems to have figured out that if you yank him at the first sign of trouble it doesn't turn into something serious.

Reactions: Doothpick

paine

Jun 4, 2007
I still think the plan is to move a forward. Most likely Silfverberg.

LW
Rakell
Cogliano
Ritchie
Gibbons

RW
Perry
Eaves
Silfverberg
Kase
Rowney
Rodin
Terry

C
Getzlaf
Kesler
Henrique

Last edited:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

LW
Rakell
Cogliano
Ritchie
Gibbons

RW
Perry
Eaves
Silfverberg
Kase
Rowney
Rodin
Terry

C
Getzlaf
Kesler
Henrique

I still think Ritchie is traded. Hope I’m wrong.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
We'll make the playoffs. We spent half of last year with half our roster hurt, and looked as disorganized and unmotivated as I've ever seen us look even when healthy, and still breezed into the playoffs. That was without Eaves and with the ghost of Kesler.
You are probably right but you never know how things are going to play out. If Getz loses a step, get an injury, etc.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
The team still has the talent to make the playoffs. But when you have Bob questioning the on and off ice leadership of the team as well as bringing back the same failed coach that couldn't correct the problems in 2 years, one could be forgiven for wondering if things just never come together next year at all.

einstein.jpg

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013

LW
Rakell
Cogliano
Ritchie
Gibbons

RW
Perry
Eaves
Silfverberg
Kase
Rowney
Rodin
Terry

C
Getzlaf
Kesler
Henrique

I still only see 9-10 forwards that are starting caliber. I don't see how selling low on Silf, and hoping Rowney picks up the slack, is a realistic or viable option.

I think the hope is that some rookies will outplay our new signings and send them to the press box or the minors. All of these new contracts can be almost completely buried in the minors and they're one way so the odds of them getting snagged on waivers is low.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
I still only see 9-10 forwards that are starting caliber. I don't see how selling low on Silf, and hoping Rowney picks up the slack, is a realistic or viable option.

I think the hope is that some rookies will outplay our new signings and send them to the press box or the minors. All of these new contracts can be almost completely buried in the minors and they're one way so the odds of them getting snagged on waivers is low.

Rakell - Getzlaf - Eaves
Ritchie - Henrique - Kase
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg
Gibbons - Rowney - Perry

Still stuck with Perry or Eaves on the 4th line.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

LW
Rakell
Cogliano
Ritchie
Gibbons

RW
Perry
Eaves
Silfverberg
Kase
Rowney
Rodin
Terry

C
Getzlaf
Kesler
Henrique

Getzlaf, Kesler, Perry, and Eaves are not movable for some obvious reasons
Gibbons, Rowney, Rodin have virtually no value
Ritchie would have to be sold pretty low or as part of a larger package
Terry - see Ritchie

That leaves Cogliano, Rakell, Silfverberg, Kase, and Henrique. Of those, best candidates for a trade are the two pending UFA's in Silfverberg and Henrique. If they aren't signed by the TDL I would expect to see one or both moved.

Reactions: Duck Off

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Rakell - Getzlaf - Eaves
Ritchie - Henrique - Kase
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg
Gibbons - Rowney - Perry

Still stuck with Perry or Eaves on the 4th line.

Yeah, but Kesler's dead.

Eaves is still a question mark. Recovered or not, he's still only had one good year, is 34 years old and just took a year off of hockey.

Rowney and Gibbons aren't pieces you build around. They're plugs you stick in holes.

This isn't a full competitive roster. The only way I see us trading off players is if it's for Karlsson or if we're tanking for a rebuild.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

LW
Rakell
Cogliano
Ritchie
Gibbons

RW
Perry
Eaves
Silfverberg
Kase
Rowney
Rodin
Terry

C
Getzlaf
Kesler
Henrique
I think itll be perry some how some way

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
De Hann to Carolina for four years at 4.5 per.

Definitely too rich for us, oh well.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania

I don't understand why you help Toronto with their cap by bringing back Martin but can't shell out the extra half a million per year over four years to re-sign a pretty important defenseman on your roster. It may be a but of an overpayment but not by much.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

I don't understand why you help Toronto with their cap by bringing back Martin but can't shell out the extra half a million per year over four years to re-sign a pretty important defenseman on your roster. It may be a but of an overpayment but not by much.

Totally agree, the Martin move is a real head scratcher and CDH went for fair value. Only he and his camp know what it would taken to get him to sign with the Isles but if possible they definitely should have taken him for the same 18/4 or even slightly more.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Who the honking hell is Ben Street? Another superhero alter ego like Sam Steel and Max Jones?

Street is an AHL star, he'll be an excellent addition to San Diego. No idea why we gave him a 1-way deal, maybe to outbid other offers?

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania

For those still holding out hope on the EK pipe dream.

I'm not anymore. It's clear he is orchestrating the trade for himself somewhat using the extension as his leverage. If he wanted to play here and was willing to extend for the duration with Anaheim then I'd be pissed at Murray for not at least being 'in on it'. If he was open to a trade to Anaheim as a one year rental and the price wasn't totally absurd to get him I'd be pissed at Murray for not pulling the trigger. However it's pretty clear he has only a few teams in mind that he would want to extend 8 years for and those are the only teams really in the discussions. Ottawa doesn't seem open to trading him as a one year rental and he doesn't seem open to signing long term with anyone except a small handful of teams, so it's whatever.

I just want to see the matter resolved because it'll be huge news to read about and may spark some additional trade deals throughout the league, and I hope for Sens fans they get a huge return and a new owner soon.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad