GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Roy's deal is interesting. only 70k in minors but 874k in NHL. Whereas the Kosslia and Welinski got 125k in minors but small NHL averages. Looks like Roy is betting on himself; I like it.

I think it's the exact same as his qualifying offer, although the deadline passed so not sure he simply just signed that. He definitely isnt planning on being in the AHL, and I like that too.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Roy really needs to work on his play in the defensive zone. He was noticeably weak there last season. For that reason, depending on what the lineup looks like, he's not an ideal player for the 4th line. If he's not in a position to contribute offensively, then you're much better off with more of a 2-way player. Not that Ritchie is a great defensive player or anything, but he can at least contribute on a "safe" 4th line since he can play physical and win battles.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Roy really needs to work on his play in the defensive zone. He was noticeably weak there last season. For that reason, depending on what the lineup looks like, he's not an ideal player for the 4th line. If he's not in a position to contribute offensively, then you're much better off with more of a 2-way player. Not that Ritchie is a great defensive player or anything, but he can at least contribute on a "safe" 4th line since he can play physical and win battles.

I'd rather them get someone like Roy personally. Rowney seems like a pretty "safe" player, and he's almost assuredly going to be the 4th line center. Give me someone who can possibly bring some type of spark or offensive creativity to that line and the 2nd PP unit.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Roy's deal is interesting. only 70k in minors but 874k in NHL. Whereas the Kosslia and Welinski got 125k in minors but small NHL averages. Looks like Roy is betting on himself; I like it.

It looks like he took his QO so yeah a bit of a gamble for him. he’s got a shitload to work on if he wants to stick though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad