Proposal: Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
I'd definitely take a chance on someone that's producing well in the KHL.
You take risks with just about anyone you bring on to a new team, regardless if they've played and/or produced in the NHL.
Playing it safe all the time lands you in never ending mediocrity.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Zero idea why he was signed,just looking at his size and stats......maybe he can fly? anyone ever seen him?

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
No problem, and because I think KHL is not as good at it was 5 years ago. I think you have more chance with a player that play in the North American style then a ok guy that play in Russia

Thanks Vachon......interesting take on the current KHL standard. I agree that an "average" KHLer isn't going to be as good as an "average" NHLer.

I'd also think that the standard of top liners isn't as consistent in the KHL as in the NHL, but I'm sure there are nuggets out there to be found.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Nyquist could be a good add and a fit for Koka. Maybe Tatar puts in a good word.

We have so many forwards under contract that adding anybody would have a domino effect.
Not even including the fact that our 2 best prospects are forwards too.

I think Nyquist could be a great target, as long as he's not looking for a 6 years deal.
But i'm always more curious about that domino effect….

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Otto Leskinen .He is a LD.22 years old but i think he is signed with Kalpa for 2019-2020.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Jesse Virtanen;A LD ,Leading Defense scorer in SHL this year.27 years old.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Nyquist could be a good add and a fit for Koka. Maybe Tatar puts in a good word.

He and Tatar had their best year when they were both on Detroit together. If they work as a duo with Danault in between, it could free up Gallagher to bolster the Domi line or KK/Druoin duo.

Tatar Danault Nyquist
Lehkonen Domi Shaw
Drouin KK Gallagher
Byron Weal/Poehling Armia

ginomini

May 25, 2014
I think I would prefer Lee over Nyquist. Lee ads an element that we do not have with the team.

However hes also a type of player who tend to decline early in their career...

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think I would prefer Lee over Nyquist. Lee ads an element that we do not have with the team.

However hes also a type of player who tend to decline early in their career...

I’d take Lee over Nyquist in a second but it’s highly unlikely Lee leaves Isles and chooses Habs in FA but quite possible Nyquist wants to come here and join a best friend in tatar who’s career was rejuvenated here.

Reactions: donghabs98

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I’d take Lee over Nyquist in a second but it’s highly unlikely Lee leaves Isles and chooses Habs in FA but quite possible Nyquist wants to come here and join a best friend in tatar who’s career was rejuvenated here.

I agree. I would much prefer Lee as well, but odds are better of convincing Nyquist of coming to Montreal, I think.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We need a LD for the top 4 and a legitimate top 6 player...we have too many bottom 6 guys, who end up playing in our top 6 and this is the reason we don't score enough.

Reactions: Runner77

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If you want that then sign a real good UFA not a guy that will be back in Russia in 2 years

well you have 50 contracts, to me if you think you have a player that fits your system then who cares where he is playing.

We'll see as the Habs are rumored to be interested in Konstantin Okulov who is coming off a big year as a teammate of Romanov's. If possible I would try and trade for Gusev or Kaprizov.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
more bottom 6 yahooooooooooooooooooo

30326r.jpg

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
well you have 50 contracts, to me if you think you have a player that fits your system then who cares where he is playing.

We'll see as the Habs are rumored to be interested in Konstantin Okulov who is coming off a big year as a teammate of Romanov's. If possible I would try and trade for Gusev or Kaprizov.

If a guy like Radulov was in the KHL I would be all in but I don’t see that right know in the KHL

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I think 2 things are gonna start happening.

With the newest cap structure in the KHL + Russian financial/ political situations, playing in the KHL is far less alluring financially for players. Gone are the 6, 8, 10 million dollar contracts and replaced with 2, 3, 4 million dollar contracts. Without a soft cap, anyone who would have made bank will start to come over here which we are already seeing. That's a big part of why the KHL is losing so many stars so quick to other leagues right now.

That being said, I can't really think of any players that I'd fight over if I were the Habs. There's no Jerabek or Zaitsevs this year, the top d-man in the KHL is a former Hab. I can't think of any off hand that I'd be excited over that doesn't belong to am NHL team already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad