GDT: Free Agency is here (also trades happening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
How would anyone feel about Kadri for Hamonic+?

Kadri seems to be in demand so perhaps hold out for more.
I like that fit. I just don't like the fact we get 1 yr @ 3.8 before he asks for a nice payday, and lose Kadri's 3yrs at a 4.5. I realize something is going to have to give though so it might just be the cost of business here

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I like that fit. I just don't like the fact we get 1 yr @ 3.8 before he asks for a nice payday, and lose Kadri's 3yrs at a 4.5. I realize something is going to have to give though so it might just be the cost of business here

Any deal like that would likely require a extension in place with Hamonic.

I also think if we are sending Kadri there, we could convince them to give us Jankowski

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
This is DJ Smith blaming Babcock and getting his PK from Toronto over to Ottawa. Clearly DJ likes them or all this does not happen.

It's Smith vs Babcock
Ottawa is tanking you have to be blind to not see this.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Ya, the idea that we'd sign Hainsey for $1.5 m or less was another 1st class pipe dream.

Not sure it was a pipe dream.
How much is it worth to move your house and family and play for a non-playoff team...bet it was close.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I think if you're paying your top 2 centers over 22M in total cap space, you can take a downgrade on your #3C to make sure Ceci isn't your top RHD.

Kadri looks the most likely to go if they aren't moving one of the wingers, but neither the centers we signed today really fill the spot Kadri leaves.

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
When Hamonic is up for renewal it will only be 2 years @ 4.5. I don't see the Leafs extending Kadri after those 2 years, while Hamonic would def. be an option. But, didn't Hamonic asked for a trade closer to home back then? Maybe Brodie is a more realistic target.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
You expected Dubas to have him as a consideration? Haha, surprised Muzzin hasn't been traded yet.
Why would that be a surprise. Has Dubas not done relatively well today or am I missing something. Here I was thinking he got out from 2 contracts in zaitsev and marleau and added some cheap veteran insurance down the middle.

EVen with the ceci signing (let’s be s serious, it’s worth a try) he’s done welL cleaning up lou’s Long term deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad