GDT: Free Agency interview period

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Mrazek didn't receive a qualifying offer from Philly.

Kenny wouldn't... would he??

Sign him for like a million bucks? Why not? Mrazek was bad but that was only untenable because he was going to require a 4M contract to keep. He takes a million and change and maybe has his ego deflated a bit by losing his job in multiple places, it could be a fantastic move

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I wouldnt even mind signing Lehner to a deal as long as its cheap. Best case scenerio he turns it around and plays well for us, worst case he keeps sucking and the helps the rebuild. I'd also look to trade Athanasiou, Nyquist and Jensen for picks or if you can somehow manage to snag Faulk from Carolina.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Sign him for like a million bucks? Why not? Mrazek was bad but that was only untenable because he was going to require a 4M contract to keep. He takes a million and change and maybe has his ego deflated a bit by losing his job in multiple places, it could be a fantastic move

Honestly when you put it that way I'm almost sold, but when is the last time Mrazek looked like a remotely consistent NHL goaltender?

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Yes. Paying JJ 6 million is the best chance we have at making sure the rebuild takes its time. Holland is playing 8d chess here. Sign bad, local players for lots of money, tell the front office it's a big free agent signing with local ties. $$$
6 million for him would be a worst idea then locking abdlekader for 7 years... and I like his game too.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I would sign Lehner over Mrazek. Big goalies occasionally explode later in their career at the right spot. He has had some bright flashes as well. He is the goalie I would lift off the scrap heap to backup Howard and be the bridge starter to Larsson or Petruzzelli.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I'm not interested in making the team better this season with FA or trades. Not yet. One really good draft on paper hasn't turned it around. Need another Top 5ish pick again next year.

Reactions: jkutswings

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Whatever is best for their development. Not interested in rushing anyone for instant personal entertainment value.
If our #6 pick, who was projected to go 3rd on a few people's lists, can't jump right into the NHL for development I'll be pretty sad.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Only UFA I want signed is Green if he's fine with a one year deal.}

Edit: Didn't realize De Haan was a UFA. Would prefer him over Green.

Praying Kenny tries to sign ZERO FA Forwards... Play the young guys, Zadina, Raz, etc
With Frk being resigned as well, I think any fear/hope of Vanek coming to the Wings is off the table unless we trade multiple forwards for Faulk.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

Holy ****, is this a ****ing joke?

Easier said then done, especially with Ericsson.

I hope that's unfounded speculation about Jack Johnson. He's an expensive-man's Brendan Smith. And I'm guessing he'll be looking for a long term deal.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I hope that's unfounded speculation about Jack Johnson. He's an expensive-man's Brendan Smith. And I'm guessing he'll be looking for a long term deal.
Yeah, that's basically catnip for Holland; he probably can't resist the urge to give Johnson an absurd contact. I'm hoping he doesn't sign Johnson to a long term deal that vastly overvalues him and throws in a NMC/NTC to boot. I'm petrified it will happen.

If Holland can somehow resist that temptation it will be a great sign.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
If our #6 pick, who was projected to go 3rd on a few people's lists, can't jump right into the NHL for development I'll be pretty sad.
Yeah he's a winger which should make the transition to the NHL much easier. I'd be shocked if he's not on the roster, this team could not score goals last year, hell, basically couldn't score them every year Blashill has coached the team.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Riley Sheehan did not receive a qualifing offer....we could try a second go round with him and Mrazek. :ha:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Holy ****, is this a ****ing joke?

Jack Johnson isn't even that good.... He's like a more physically gifted and talented Brendan Smith. Great physical side, no hockey IQ.

I know he went to school in Michigan for middle school and college but damn, this Michigan obsession is nuts.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
An article in the athleatic had JJ in the 2-5 mil a year range.

It also had this part in it....

"His preference may be to return to Michigan, where he played college hockey, but the Red Wings aren’t necessarily in position to make it happen with young defensemen coming and also an interest in keeping Green."

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
So the Rangers will give us a 2nd and a 3rd at the deadline for him? Sign me up! :D

No, he's an expensive man's Brendan Smith. 1st and 2nd!

You laugh, but if we Trade AA and Svech, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back for under 2 mil. Think he gets more though.

Oh yeah, he's willing to sign for 2M and those two are gone? I'd take Tinky Winky back in a moment's notice.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
He's only 26, he can eat minutes now and still be a useful veteran by the time they're ready to compete again. If they can get him without giving up any of the major building blocks for the future, why not?

Exactly how I feel. And who knows, he could feel refreshed here.

All I would like to see is a trade regarding AA, try and grab Faulk (without trading Mantha, Ras, Larkin, Zadina and Bert) and resign Green.

Nothing major but enough to keep the status quo and maybe improve it a bit. On the defensive side of things.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Exactly how I feel. And who knows, he could feel refreshed here.

All I would like to see is a trade regarding AA, try and grab Faulk (without trading Mantha, Ras, Larkin, Zadina and Bert) and resign Green.

Nothing major but enough to keep the status quo and maybe improve it a bit. On the defensive side of things.

We should try to grab McDavid but only offer 7th round picks from 2030s.

FunkyColdZadina

Jun 26, 2018
Wouldn't hate bringing Sheahan back on the cheap if the intention is to move on from 2 of AA/Nyquist/Svech this season. I also wouldn't mind Green if we don't end up getting a D-man back in a trade. Although i wonder if the market for Green might heat up considering guys like De Haan and John Moore are garnering fairly significant interest already and no one else really out there as UFA defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad