GDT: Free Agency Frenzy 10/9 12:00pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Another name to consider. Played 20 minutes a night last season for Florida.

Out of all of the names on D this is the one I'm most interested in right now. He's an interesting fit because he's a right-shot but he's very much a left-defenseman. I'm not sure if he is comfortable on the right side but if so he'd bring tremendous versatility to the D corps. His on-ice metrics are excellent and while he's played a lot with Ekblad he's also elevated Ekblad's game quite a bit as well. I could easily see him being able to play alongside Carlson as well as Orlov. Also I can't imagine him commanding a large contract due to a relatively short track-record and pedestrian boxcars, and I also don't know that he'd really cost much in a trade either.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Obviously his best days are behind him but if he can play slightly above average as he has the past few seasons it's a steal.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Gustafsson also played both sides with Chicago, often with Keith, so there may be some versatility there. He doesn't really fit the PP, though, and you'd think that would be a factor wherever he signs.

I'm coming around to the idea of giving Shattenkirk another go.

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Shattenkirk would be a good addition but I think it's a tough fit under the cap in DC. I imagine he's going to command $4 to $5 million for several years and I'm not sure Washington will be able to offer that.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Great number for Hank. Get me a good vet DMan, and maybe a Mid6F if we can move one out. I'd be all good with that.
Not happening. Someone will have to get moved. Until then your looking at a defenseman and a bargain bin forward.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Shattenkirk would be a good addition but I think it's a tough fit under the cap in DC. I imagine he's going to command $4 to $5 million for several years and I'm not sure Washington will be able to offer that.
Hard to gauge his market but Friedman just said there's a ton of interest we so can probably rule him out barring a cap-clearing move.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
1.5Mil for Hank is right on my high end, but I can live with it. Can't imagine him being worse than Copley, and he should be a big add in the locker room and during practices. Now go get that 3W and RD and call it a wrap.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
I know Gustafsson might not be the signing people want, but he might be the right signing. Especially if we want to sign a decent wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad