GDT: Free Agency Frenzy 10/9 12:00pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I wonder what Grabner is asking after getting bought out? I really don't see them moving Hagelin at this point but in a perfect scenario you could end up with Grabner to replace Hagelin and additional ~1.5-2m in cap space.

But maybe i'm just dreaming here.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Id like to see Savard as 2RD.

On Henrik: if he's 1M salary + 1,5M in bonuses does that opens up an option to redirect bonuses to next year's cap? I think previously that worked like that. That could help both sides because it would sound better (bigger) for him and if he is good enough to get all the bonuses - means Caps will have a better goalie.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
This team needs one or two major additions similar to when Brouwer was traded for Oshie. They look stale and disinterested. Some kind of boost is needed both offensively and defensively. Unfortunately, not gonna happen.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
Everyone should read this reddit article about Henrik. Hope he does well with you. A few years ago I got an idea that one day Lundqvist will be traded to Washington and unites with his arch nemesis Ovechkin and together they win the cup. And now Hank is going to WSH. I can see things.. Ovechkin of course won the cup after that without Hank but still. U will win cup.

Last edited:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
And watch the Jackets come out guns blazing once the window is open. There's no way they're shopping all their D just for fun.

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Another name to consider. Played 20 minutes a night last season for Florida.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I don’t think we see anything other then signing Lundy today. I could be wrong but I’m getting the feeling we’re going to dumpster dive once the dust settles and see what’s left.

Reactions: Futures Passed

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They might have a cheap signing or two today. Maybe not NHL level signings but AHLers. Someone like Bracco, Anas, Zykov to serve as depth and a winger roughly comparable to Boyd but less proven/experienced.

Lundqvist is a bit different as a bought out player but despite the rule changes on talking to UFAs I think we'll see some signings rather quickly. Probably not as busy as usual but trades may help make up for it.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
My theory is the big shots wait a few days to sign but we see a lot of depth, bottom six, 4-6 dmen sign today. They don't wanna be left without a chair in the flat cap environment where it's very appealing for a lot of teams to just fill those types of roles internally. I think those types of guys pounce on just about any fair contract offered today.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I'm really not much of a fan of a Gustafsson signing if it happens. He's a good offensive defenseman, but he's a leftie and we already have Orlov, Dillon, Siegenthaler, and Fehervary taking that side. He's also a powerplay QB where he can rack up a lot of points, but that's not a need here...Boston makes sense for him if they need a cheaper option to replace Krug

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
I'm really not much of a fan of a Gustafsson signing if it happens. He's a good offensive defenseman, but he's a leftie and we already have Orlov, Dillon, Siegenthaler, and Fehervary taking that side. He's also a powerplay QB where he can rack up a lot of points, but that's not a need here...Boston makes sense for him if they need a cheaper option to replace Krug

I also wonder how attached the Caps are to the Dillon/Orlov pairing - if they like it, do they need an LD to pair with Carlson? Or do they want to move Orlov back to his natural side and get a RD to pair with him?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I hope they don't sign a veteran low upside checking forward on the cheap. They've been linked to Trevor Lewis for a while and I don't really see the fit there. That might be a little more understandable if they trade Panik but even then they should mainly be focusing on competition for third-line talent and general scoring depth. Someone like Hinostroza, Athanasiou, Kahun or Galchenyuk rather than the myriad veteran checking options. 4LW could be an opening if they move Panik but I'd focus more on speed than experience.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Interesting to see Schmidt's name out there as a trade possibility league-wide. He had something of a rough go defensively in the playoffs but still a pretty good player.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Savard is significantly more intriguing to me than any FA option. I’d let go of a decent prospect to make that deal work. Only having 1 year left on his contract makes him even more appealing as an option

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Savard is significantly more intriguing to me than any FA option. I’d let go of a decent prospect to make that deal work. Only having 1 year left on his contract makes him even more appealing as an option

If Savard is gone, that's 3 defenseman gutted by CBJ in 2 days. Pietrangelo can't double shift every game.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
If Savard is gone, that's 3 defenseman gutted by CBJ in 2 days. Pietrangelo can't double shift every game.

Top two pairings for CBJ would be Werenski-Jones and Gavrikov-Pietrangelo, which is probably the best top 4 in the league.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Top two pairings for CBJ would be Werenski-Jones and Gavrikov-Pietrangelo, which is probably the best top 4 in the league.

Yea thats gonna cement CBJ continuing to be a pain in the Caps' ass. Well let's hope they whiff on all their offseason targets.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
If Corey Perry wants to come out East that's someone I could see MacLellan really liking. No idea if the numbers work. They probably don't but I could easily see that being a player MacLellan kicks tires on.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
It’s interesting how Werenski and Jones have pretty awful analytics though compared to the eye test and how highly they’re viewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad