Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Lol.

I assumed you hate the pick (never said you hate Boucher) because you made a really silly claim that he is of negative value (thats what disincentive means) because teams only have 50 contract spots. In fact, me guessing that you must have hated the pick was me trying to find an alternative explanation for that ridiculous argument of yours besides just assuming that you actually feel that what you were saying made any sense or was of any intelligence.

Boucher has 2yrs remaining on his ELC, which was obviously what I was referring to. Or did you think the proposed trade for Ullmark/Swayman was for tomorrow?

You backpedaled hard in your reply to me because even you know its a ridiculous thing that you tried to argue.
Look, I’m not getting into a pissing match with you & I will not start throwing out insults which is the path you seem to have taken for some unknown reason. I’ve never made a single post about “the pick” or Boucher in the past. I saw the post that I replied to as a quantity versus quality trade. Trades have to make sense for the other team & a team will look at the main pieces & use them to decide. The extra bits thrown in to that trade didn’t provide more incentive to Boston to squeeze the trigger on the deal imho. Bye bye.

Reactions: Alex1234

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Look, I’m not getting into a pissing match with you & I will not start throwing out insults which is the path you seem to have taken for some unknown reason. I’ve never made a single post about “the pick” or Boucher in the past. I saw the post that I replied to as a quantity versus quality trade. Trades have to make sense for the other team & a team will look at the main pieces & use them to decide. The extra bits thrown in to that trade didn’t provide more incentive to Boston to squeeze the trigger on the deal imho. Bye bye.
I have not thrown any insults, I said you made a ridiculous, silly claim - which it was. That said, you are either being deliberately disingenuous in your replies to me or you have completely failed to follow the argument.

What you have described in your replies to me is not disincentive, which is the only thing anyone took issue with. I have not disagreed with a single point you have made since replying to me. The only thing I have disagreed with, and called ridiculous, is the premise that he is a disincentive. If you can't have that pointed out to you or cant admit that you used a poor choice of words, well, bye bye.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
What would you do make an Ekblad deal work?
He’s got 1 yr left at $7.5
FLA has to decide between him and Montour
Assumes he would waive.
Assumes he would sign a longterm deal.

Reactions: Dionysus

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Depends what you mean by decent. DeBrincat and Chychrun are decent players but didn't/don't fit into our long-term plans.

No more trading high picks for immediate short-term help. I'm fine trading the 1st if it's for a young player that will be with the team for many years, but we definitely should not be trading it just to get better if it's for a short period of time.

The team traded away two high 1sts and three 2nd round picks to rent DeBrincat and Chychrun. We got a late 1st back for DeBrincat but also lost a good young player in Formenton to off-ice issues. We may be able to get a 1st back for Chychrun in the summer, but we also got a future 1st confiscated, so it's basically a wash.

At the end of the day we're talking about a ton of futures having been squandered over the last couple years, and we're not even a playoff team yet, let alone at the stage where we're contending and need to trade futures for deadline rentals to try to put the team over the top.

Staios needs to be extremely disciplined in managing his assets given how badly Dorion damaged the future of this team on short-sighted acquisitions.
We won’t be getting that level of player. If we can get a middle six forward with three years left on his deal. I take it.

If you can get a decent #4 d man. You take it. With some term

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Thing is… I don’t really want to trade any of these players. So minor changes. But not sure that’s smart after the season this group just had.

2024-25
Tkachuk-Pinto-Batherson
Crookshank-Stutzle-Giroux
Greig-Ostapchuk-Joseph
Katchouk-Kastelic-MacEwen/Kelly
Norris?
Jarventie

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Xx
Kleven-Xx
Guenette

Korpisalo
Xx

Last edited:

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I have a feeling Sens management targets two players.

1. A solid RD. Matt Roy, Pesce, Tanev, Demelo could be UFA options.

2. Middle-6 winger. Good Penalty killer, smart, physical. Not really sure who fits the profile in this UFA class. May be something they target in trade.

Additionally, would expect a solid depth signing. Heavy forward who can skate and defend. Maybe a 3rd pairing RD if they move on from Branny/JBD

If they can offload Forsberg, signing another goalie would make sense.

Still need to clean-up the left side D as well. One of Chabot of Chychrun will likely be moved out.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Where’s the wild trading Rossi news coming from? He had a good season. And the underlying numbers are good too.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Very hypothetical. Would you guys trade our first for Jiricek?

Speaking only in generalizations, because I'm not scouting Junior hockey - if the crop at 5-10 is similar to most years, they should at least think about it.

It depends on why it isn't working in CBJ, but ultimately it's a similar skilled player to an average 5th-10th pick, but he is ready to go now instead of 2-3 years from now.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I've been thinking about exactly this trade recently. Assuming the pick is no higher than 4th, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Even at fourth. Who’s a better d prospect and we can plug jiricek in next year.

Better question which d man in this draft do you think is the better prospect

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Three Boston Bruin Targets this Summer:

1. Chychrun LD for Ullmark G - Boston showed some interest in Chychrun at the deadline & Ullmark could be available this summer. The money is close & it might be a hockey trade that benefits both teams. Ullmark is a legitimate #1 goalie in the NHL & would certainly help this defence out.

2. UFA Kevin Shattenkirk - although 35 yrs old Shattenkirk had a 22 pt season in 56 games with Boston. If he can stay relatively healthy he could fit in to our top 4 until they find a more permanent solution such as drafting a top 4 RD who might only take a couple of yrs to be NHL ready. Shattenkirk is a very experienced offensive minded RD who can play in all situations & could make a decent partner for Chabot for a yr or two. Chabot - Shattenkirk

3. UFA Jake DeBrusk LW - can fit into the top six or nine & produce some secondary scoring. He is hard to play against, hits, fights, can play on the PK or PP & will put up over 40 pts this yr. DeBrusk - Stutzle - Giroux

Reactions: Alex1234

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad