GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto1812

Mar 28, 2013
My favorite Dingerski moment is him "calling" the Tanev signing like 5 hours after the official announcement with the wrong terms and then refusing to correct it or engage with anyone who pointed it out here.

I'm pretty sure it's near impossible to find a worse version of Fata, actually.
Konstantin Koltsov says hi :)

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So Oct 10 Opener as of now. Our Centers.
Sid 36 yrs old
Geno 37 yrs old
Eller 34 yrs old
Carter 38 yrs old
Oh by December Petry will be 36yrs old and Letang 36 yrs old.

So you're looking to bring in Kid Karlsson are you?
Age is one thing, but the higher that number, the lower the physical ability to absorb impact and recover the body diminishes to the point it isn't physically possible to play professional level sports any longer.
Even simple minor everyday knocks pile up and become a burden in late 30's early 40's...

It's one thing to have a star or two on accelerated age / but nearing a good half of the talent / skill will only further solidify the most likely scenario of just not having enough in the tank by the end of the season / final quarter push. What a shame to go from a young exciting team 'cardiac kids' etc etc to the geriatric guys...

Reactions: Grinner

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Doesn't matter what he says. If they have a lead in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd, they're gonna turtle like always. This team's much better built to execute at that. Lots of salvaged points there, because our number of late collapses was insane. That's especially the case if Jarry rebounds.
Idk, I believe their turtling was a result of lack of confidence, maybe in their goaltending and that’s still there, but I don’t think it was a Sullivan strategy lol

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Can’t wait until all those that wanted Karlsson criticize the price paid to acquire him by Carolina.

Carolina, help save us from ourselves and acquire Karlsson.

We need to get back to funding the bottom six. There is no vision here; Dubas seems to be throwing **** at the wall in hopes something sticks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ChaosAgent

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Age is one thing, but the higher that number, the lower the physical ability to absorb impact and recover the body diminishes to the point it isn't physically possible to play professional level sports any longer.
Even simple minor everyday knocks pile up and become a burden in late 30's early 40's...

It's one thing to have a star or two on accelerated age / but nearing a good half of the talent / skill will only further solidify the most likely scenario of just not having enough in the tank by the end of the season / final quarter push. What a shame to go from a young exciting team 'cardiac kids' etc etc to the geriatric guys...

Oh it's cooked. Even if you are a holdout local ticket holder hotdog neck mouth breather who glorifies Sullivan and defends Jarry always - who will end up yelling at Malkin to get traded 25 games into the season because God forbid the fault lie anywhere else..... You literally drop off a cliff at the Grand Canyon when you go from our top 6 production (which is probably 10th in the league at this point) to our bottom 6.

So yeah - their ability to stay healthy (I'm talking even in the lineup but playing through bruising and aches) is an understated nail in this teams' coffin - it just is going to be very, very overlooked by the fact that when Sid or Geno have an off night this team isn't scoring more than 1 goal....and that won't be enough in front of Jarry. Nor can Sullivan coach more than a single way to win like that.

Now if they're actually hurt-hurt?? Now you have the old, slow skaters in Eller / Carter playing 2C. Good f'n lord.

Dubas blew it adamsandler.gif . 'If Jarry can' 'If Jarry rebounds' - err...to what? He's always sucked in the post season and is a 2.7 GAA goalie. Sullivan is a mouth breather who can't adapt. Your eggs are literally ALL in the top 6 basket which, again, isn't world beating. We're going to have a season, once again, where the games that get away from Sullivan's style end up in 5-3 wins for us in sloppy play - but a hell of a lot more 3-1 losses where Sid/Geno don't score - our inept power play continues (of which we still don't get the chances we deserve) - and our bottom 6 plays like we all know they will.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I have no clue what mouth breather means, but I will say I'm none to pleased about the following:

- I swear we actually got older, not younger.
- We didn't make any changes. We just shuffled bottom 6 names around.
- We actually gave a f***ing raise to a goalie who didn't deserve it.
- Sully is still here (not really Dubas fault - that's on Hex)
- Our centers average age is 36.25 :laugh:
- Our defense is still basically the same defense.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I have no clue what mouth breather means, but I will say I'm none to pleased about the following:

- I swear we actually got older, not younger.
- We didn't make any changes. We just shuffled bottom 6 names around.
- We actually gave a f***ing raise to a goalie who didn't deserve it.
- Sully is still here (not really Dubas fault - that's on Hex)
- Our centers average age is 36.25 :laugh:
- Our defense is still basically the same defense.

All hitting their real primes. We bout to go 82-0.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Is this team better than last season - yes.
Is that good enough to make the playoffs - not sure.

This is still a fringe playoff team unless Dubas adds another substantial forward.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Oh it's cooked. Even if you are a holdout local ticket holder hotdog neck mouth breather who glorifies Sullivan and defends Jarry always - who will end up yelling at Malkin to get traded 25 games into the season because God forbid the fault lie anywhere else..... You literally drop off a cliff at the Grand Canyon when you go from our top 6 production (which is probably 10th in the league at this point) to our bottom 6.

So yeah - their ability to stay healthy (I'm talking even in the lineup but playing through bruising and aches) is an understated nail in this teams' coffin - it just is going to be very, very overlooked by the fact that when Sid or Geno have an off night this team isn't scoring more than 1 goal....and that won't be enough in front of Jarry. Nor can Sullivan coach more than a single way to win like that.

Now if they're actually hurt-hurt?? Now you have the old, slow skaters in Eller / Carter playing 2C. Good f'n lord.

Dubas blew it adamsandler.gif . 'If Jarry can' 'If Jarry rebounds' - err...to what? He's always sucked in the post season and is a 2.7 GAA goalie. Sullivan is a mouth breather who can't adapt. Your eggs are literally ALL in the top 6 basket which, again, isn't world beating. We're going to have a season, once again, where the games that get away from Sullivan's style end up in 5-3 wins for us in sloppy play - but a hell of a lot more 3-1 losses where Sid/Geno don't score - our inept power play continues (of which we still don't get the chances we deserve) - and our bottom 6 plays like we all know they will.
I don't know if matters, but there may be an off chance that Sid's and Geno's bodies benefited from some of those long stretches without hockey when they were injured, maybe they got less wear and tear...grasping for straws here

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I’m watching the Max Talbot Shhh game right now. Our centers are all in their early 20’s and we only have 2 guys older than 34 on the team; Gonchar and Guerin

This is one of Gonchar’s best games as a Pen.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Is this team better than last season - yes.
Is that good enough to make the playoffs - not sure.

This is still a fringe playoff team unless Dubas adds another substantial forward.
we need one new forward that can score, we need Geno and Sid to maintain the form they had last year, we need Jake and Rust to be 25% better, and we need 3rd and 4th line to forecheck like crazy to keep as much of the game as possible in the offensive zone to isolate Jarry, I have zero trust in this defensive core playing in our zone, from letang down to ruhwedel they all suck at defense to a degree...

Reactions: Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
View attachment 727362

Last 20 years of Forwards at 5v5. 40 games minimum. You decide who's the WOAT.
Adams with a strong bid, proving his flaccidity over 444 games.

Math... Max Talbot only played 127 games for the Pens...?

You understand that goes back to 2003?<<<<<20 years back

Talbot played 340 games for the Pens.
God, Max was bad at scoring. Him potting 2 goals in game 7 was a miracle.

You might want to rework that.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008

I’m not a fan of the Jarry contract at all basically because of the injury issues, but using pretty much a one series sample size to draw a conclusion about his playoff ability is kind of ridiculous.

The offseason also isn’t over. It’s pretty obvious with the Karlsson situation that Dubas is at least still working on things so why not give it some time? If the roster looks like it does now by game 1 then yeah there are definitely some legitimately complaints but until then some people just need to relax.

• Haha
Reactions: farscape1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad