GDT: Free Agency Day - 7/13 @ 12pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
There have been rumors for years of Malkin not loving the way he has always had to play second fiddle in Pittsburgh. He may just think it’s now or never to go play somewhere else. I could definitely see him wanting to be part of the Russian contingent in NY, especially as the veteran of the group. Many of these players saw how it worked in Detroit years ago with Konstantinos, Larionov, Fedorov, Koslov, etc.

I think it’s Malkin at 2 years tomorrow to the Rangers. $6.5m per season.

I also think Drury signs Lindgren and Milano as a guess

Have a feeling Lou goes full dementia and offers Johnny Hockey a Panarin-esque contract.

Something like 11m x 7 yrs. And they lose Dobson lmao.

There's no word for backcheck in Russian for a reason. VK74 would be the best defensive player on that line, and that's a problem. Controller disconnects left and right.

They’d have the puck A LOT which is good defense anyways.

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
I keep thinking back to that Game 1 OT winner by Malkin:

Or the big game tying goal in Game 6:

Big body. Active stick. Highly skilled, can think the game quickly like Panarin. Center. Lefty shot. Proven winner. Term would be shorter compared to other centers.

Checks a lot of boxes.

By the way, slow? Miller couldn't catch him in that 2nd clip.

LannyMcdonald

Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Have a feeling Lou goes full dementia and offers Johnny Hockey a Panarin-esque contract.

Something like 11m x 7 yrs. And they lose Dobson lmao.

There's no word for backcheck in Russian for a reason. VK74 would be the best defensive player on that line, and that's a problem. Controller disconnects left and right.
Russian defence is a compulsive and aggressive offence 🤓

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Malkin can still play.

1-2 year deal with performance incentives that would creat the rollover into each following year.

Sign Motte. Sign a backup. Whoever is cheapest but prefer Holtby. Ok with Charlie Lindgren. Sign another depth vet forward on the cheap. Sign Braun, or someone like Braun, on the cheap.

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Most likely, but if they get cutesy in the neutral zone or Panarin turns pucks over I could see some offense going the other way, and if they get pinned Igor is getting peppered.

Was mostly kidding anyway. But yeah that'd be a fun line to watch, that's for damn sure. Put them out for O-zone draws and you're probably looking at 1 minute zone times on the regular lol.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I keep thinking back to that Game 1 OT winner by Malkin:

Or the big game tying goal in Game 6:

Big body. Active stick. Highly skilled, can think the game quickly like Panarin. Center. Lefty shot. Proven winner. Term would be shorter compared to other centers.

Checks a lot of boxes.

By the way, slow? Miller couldn't catch him in that 2nd clip.

The 2nd goal is what gets me on board. He still has gas in the tank and there’s no better motivation than showing the NHL he can win a Cup without Sid. Sign me up

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
There have been rumors for years of Malkin not loving the way he has always had to play second fiddle in Pittsburgh.
BS. He's leaving because he feels not getting respected by Penguins by not offering him more than 3 years. He wouldn't be a first fiddle anywhere at this point, except maybe Seattle or Arizona.

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
I'm on board with Malkin too. I'm fine even if he plays 40 games as long as he's healthy for the playoffs. Dude will mesh well with Panarin and it's not like Strome was some defensive stalwart either.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Also, I’ll just keep repeating this. Malkin wasn’t healthy. He came back early from an injury after coming back from a major injury last offseason which slowed his training. We have all seen how that can effect a player and how they can’t quite catch up throughout the season. Not only that but then Pittsburgh started having players drop like flies and his minutes went up. And then they had the long OT game on top of that.

This is a grade A Hall of Fame center. He’s a ppg player in a year where he was behind playing with Kapanen and a rolling group of depth wingers.

The other major plus here is he costs nothing by money. No assets expelled. Just cash.

Reactions: McSauer

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Have some dignity. Begging for Malkin? Forget that there's way better options available. Been watching this team for 30 years and Malkin is top 5 biggest shitbags I've ever seen play against the Rangers.

Brodeur

Stevens

Malkin

Crosby

Ovechkin

For 16 years this dirtbag has been dragging his lower lip across MSG ice and slew footing players left and right. F that guy. I don't care if Pittsburgh made diarrhea in his coffee, I have no sympathy or empathy for that guy. I wouldn't cross the street to piss on him if he was on fire.

Also, he's a little bitch that loses his composure every time something doesn't go his way. We really want a player like that?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Its times like these i wish Gorton was still at the helm, i feel like Drury will go looking at older guys while Gorton would have used this deadline to grab a young player for 2c instead. Imo and i said this all year we should have done that at the start of last year while Strome was able to be our current 2c and ease a young kid into that position and let Strome walk. At this point we're pigeon holed into signing someone big because we had some success last year and we have no young centers for that role.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Have some dignity. Begging for Malkin? Forget that there's way better options available. Been watching this team for 30 years and Malkin is top 5 biggest shitbags I've ever seen play against the Rangers.

Brodeur

Stevens

Malkin

Crosby

Ovechkin

For 16 years this dirtbag has been dragging his lower lip across MSG ice and slew footing players left and right. F that guy. I don't care if Pittsburgh made diarrhea in his coffee, I have no sympathy or empathy for that guy. I wouldn't cross the street to piss on him if he was on fire.

Also, he's a little bitch that loses his composure every time something doesn't go his way. We really want a player like that?

He’s got 3 cups and plays a position of need. This team needs more shitbag in it to get where they want to go. Also costs nothing but money

Reactions: McSauer and AirGut

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
He’s got 3 cups and plays a position of need. This team needs more shitbag in it to get where they want to go. Also costs nothing but money
Costs more than money. With cap restraints who's out? Who's not getting extended because Malkin is here? You really think this guy is taking league minimum to play for the Rangers? You're all against trading for someone like PLD who's 24 years old. Malkin's next contract will have a similar cap hit.

rangerfan_79

Jun 1, 2007
justanfyi.com
I keep hearing the player only costs money.

Cap space is an asset and should be utilized cautiously.

No performance bonuses that carry when we need the space the most. Think past the upcoming season.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Brodeur

Stevens

Malkin

Crosby

Ovechkin

Ovechkin a shitbag? lolwut?

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
There have been rumors for years of Malkin not loving the way he has always had to play second fiddle in Pittsburgh. He may just think it’s now or never to go play somewhere else. I could definitely see him wanting to be part of the Russian contingent in NY, especially as the veteran of the group. Many of these players saw how it worked in Detroit years ago with Konstantinos, Larionov, Fedorov, Koslov, etc.

I think it’s Malkin at 2 years tomorrow to the Rangers. $6.5m per season.

I also think Drury signs Lindgren and Milano as a guess

He’d still play second fiddle with us. If anything, third or fourth.

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT

Brodeur

Stevens

Malkin

Crosby

Ovechkin

Also, he's a little bitch that loses his composure every time something doesn't go his way. We really want a player like tha
Thank you same feeling. He's a scumbag.

Reactions: GENESISPuck94

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Costs more than money. With cap restraints who's out? Who's not getting extended because Malkin is here? You really think this guy is taking league minimum to play for the Rangers? You're all against trading for someone like PLD who's 24 years old. Malkin's next contract will have a similar cap hit.

I’m very for trading for Dubois. There’s more than 1 way to skin a cat

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
PLD costs assets though...and that price will not be cheap. Malkin could absolutely take a good guy deal to come here. Not league min but maybe 5.5M? I could see it. Give us 2 good years. That top 6 would be electric.

Also, he's def a shitbag, but it's different when hes our shitbag. His compete level is through the roof. That's good for building/maintaining culture.

Reactions: haveandare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad