GDT: Free Agency Day - 7/13 @ 12pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Its times like these i wish Gorton was still at the helm, i feel like Drury will go looking at older guys while Gorton would have used this deadline to grab a young player for 2c instead. Imo and i said this all year we should have done that at the start of last year while Strome was able to be our current 2c and ease a young kid into that position and let Strome walk. At this point we're pigeon holed into signing someone big because we had some success last year and we have no young centers for that role.
Such a bad revisionist history take. Which in itself is odd considering Gorton was here for how long? And we haven’t been able to draft and develop a Center for how long? Gorton had been with the organization for what 8 years? 9 years? And Gorton and his staff couldnt manage to scout, draft, and develop a quality 3C, let alone a top 6 C, or dare i say it even a 1C. To sit here and bang the drum with your chest out attacking Drury is shameful. Its lazy. And just because Gorton pulled one f***ing rabbit out of his ass with the Brassard for Zibanejad trade, doesnt make it common practice (because we all know how the Mac/Miller trade unfolded) and it doesn’t absolve the Rangers org not being able to draft one Center while under Gorton’s control during his tenure. Gorton is just as at fault for the situation.

Meanwhile Drury comes in and in year 1 the team goes to the ECF. Even if it was a combination of things that occurred before (which Drury was here as AGM for) and after he took over, the team still got there. He had the questionable Buch trade and a successful trade deadline with multiple trades pulled off.

I dont know…maybe I will give Drury the benefit of the doubt and not go sit at my window while the sun sets reminiscing about “better days” under Jeff Gorton.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
They shouldve easily lost to the pens in 5 so, if he's smart, he doesn't think they're so close as to do something stupid to derail the decent "re" build they have going.
Yeah, but it's the Rangers so watch Drury sign Kadri for 8 years and trade away Kakko for cap space.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
They shouldve easily lost to the pens in 5 so, if he's smart, he doesn't think they're so close as to do something stupid to derail the decent "re" build they have going.

Yeah well they won in 7. Then won another round. And were up 2-0 on the 2 time defending champs. They are the Metro favorite as it stands today. How much closer could they be before people realize this is a team ready to win?

Reactions: haveandare and RGY

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
PLD costs assets though...and that price will not be cheap. Malkin could absolutely take a good guy deal to come here. Not league min but maybe 5.5M? I could see it. Give us 2 good years. That top 6 would be electric.

Also, he's def a shitbag, but it's different when hes our shitbag. His compete level is through the roof. That's good for building/maintaining culture.

I'll never consider him a ranger, he's a dirty peg. I don't want him any where near a ranger jersey he doesn't deserve it.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I'll never consider him a ranger, he's a dirty peg. I don't want him any where near a ranger jersey he doesn't deserve it.
He deserves to play on any team in the world. He is a bonafide first ballot hall of famer. Having that type of pedigree in the locker room would be a major boost.

Reactions: McRanger92

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
If we are trying to win a cup here Malkin will be a disaster here at this point in his career and doesn't address a single issue on this team. Not one of the glaring issues we all saw all season and playoffs long.

He has played over 70 games in a season ONCE since 2011-2012.

I can't believe the people in here complaining they didn't want scheifle bc he's bad defensively and mainly gets his points on the pp but then want Malkin. I understand he comes for only money but this isn't the fit for this team to win a cup. He would look great in spurts during the season but this move would be a wreck if you're trying to win a championship

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
He deserves to play on any team in the world. He is a bonafide first ballot hall of famer. Having that type of pedigree in the locker room would be a major boost.

My opinion is that he was a scumbag his entire career when playing against the rangers, and I wont forget those times. I will always view him to be a penguin and I'm not denying his talent but I am remembering his dirty play against us. To each his own but I don't respect how he acts on the ice and am not looking forward to him acting that way in a Ranger jersey.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Yeah well they won in 7. Then won another round. And were up 2-0 on the 2 time defending champs. They are the Metro favorite as it stands today. How much closer could they be before people realize this is a team ready to win?
There’s no point. No matter what Drury does, they’ll complain. Team goes to the ECF and gives us the most exciting postseason probably of my life aside from 2014 Cup run and we suddenly want to have this conservative as hell off-season. What teams in the East do we fear? I fear none of them.

I’d rather not see Malkin in a Rangers sweater.
If it helps us win, I don’t give a **** who wears our jersey. Team first. Fans need to realize this.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If we are trying to win a cup here Malkin will be a disaster here at this point in his career and doesn't address a single issue on this team. Not one of the glaring issues we all saw all season and playoffs long.

He has played over 70 games in a season ONCE since 2011-2012.

I can't believe the people in here complaining they didn't want scheifle bc he's bad defensively and mainly gets his points on the pp but then want Malkin. I understand he comes for only money but this isn't the fit for this team to win a cup. He would look great in spurts during the season but this move would be a wreck if you're trying to win a championship

The only counter I would have is that his knee would have extra time to heal and he'd be motivated AF to perform after being disrespected.

Now father time and wear and tear give zero f***s about these things, so yeah I'd rather stay away.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The only counter I would have is that his knee would have extra time to heal and he'd be motivated AF to perform after being disrespected.

Now father time and wear and tear give zero f***s about these things, so yeah I'd rather stay away.
How has he been "disrespected?"

What is this stupid narrative?

It's not your narrative, so the stupid comment isn't at you, but the narrative is dumb wherever it came from. He's going to be 36 and got offered a 4 year deal. What a baby

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
This team should not be looking to take up cap space with aging player. They should still be looking to add players to the core to have sustained long term success. It's foolish to abandon building this team because they had playoff success. Throwing chips down on aging high priced vets when our own players need raises soon. That's how you destroy any progress you made.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Well thats how he feels?

Not that I agree with it, but giving all of those years to that franchise and then being passed on in lieu of Rakell whose biggest contribution as a Penguin was getting knocked into the shadow realm by Lindgren can't feel too good.
But I don't get it, he's about to be 36 and they offered him a 4 year deal. Should he get a 6 year deal? Does he want a zetterberg contract? Malkin looks like such a baby or his agent is doing a really good job squeezing the penguins for every last dollar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad