Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Johnnie_Walker_brand.jpg

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
There’s no point. No matter what Drury does, they’ll complain. Team goes to the ECF and gives us the most exciting postseason probably of my life aside from 2014 Cup run and we suddenly want to have this conservative as hell off-season. What teams in the East do we fear? I fear none of them.

If it helps us win, I don’t give a **** who wears our jersey. Team first. Fans need to realize this.
Team first. I don’t want him in the team.

Reactions: Number 9

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
He has spent a lot of his career throwing dirty hits and is best friends with Putin

So, yeah, it isn't some outlandish statement
Ovechkin is not that dirty.
Is it really news to you that he supports the ongoing war in Ukraine and Putin? Seriously?

Probably sarcasm. But Malkin has been part of that PutinTeam as well so...
It is not news to me and I can do without the dripping sarcasm.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Such a bad revisionist history take. Which in itself is odd considering Gorton was here for how long? And we haven’t been able to draft and develop a Center for how long? Gorton had been with the organization for what 8 years? 9 years? And Gorton and his staff couldnt manage to scout, draft, and develop a quality 3C, let alone a top 6 C, or dare i say it even a 1C. To sit here and bang the drum with your chest out attacking Drury is shameful. Its lazy. And just because Gorton pulled one f***ing rabbit out of his ass with the Brassard for Zibanejad trade, doesnt make it common practice (because we all know how the Mac/Miller trade unfolded) and it doesn’t absolve the Rangers org not being able to draft one Center while under Gorton’s control during his tenure. Gorton is just as at fault for the situation.

Meanwhile Drury comes in and in year 1 the team goes to the ECF. Even if it was a combination of things that occurred before (which Drury was here as AGM for) and after he took over, the team still got there. He had the questionable Buch trade and a successful trade deadline with multiple trades pulled off.

I dont know…maybe I will give Drury the benefit of the doubt and not go sit at my window while the sun sets reminiscing about “better days” under Jeff Gorton.
Gorton wasn't with the organization for 9 years he was here for less than 6, what rock did you crawl out from? Come on....Jeff Gorton built this team. The years Gorton had this team were obvious rebuild years, it was this year and next that were to be the turning points no matter who had the job. The trades we made at the deadline helped for one year and likely set us back a year. And spare me the revisionist crap, I've been preaching this all year, there's nothing revisionist about it. Drury, Sather and Dolan are in too much of a hurry and its already catching up to us. Gorton got us Zibanejad, he got us Strome and Chytil.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I get angry at this team’s seeming inability to keep shit simple, stay patient, and let things grow, but then I remember that I’m here to be entertained. I am absolutely entertained by this.

Sign me up for all of the chaos.
I get that. I want to be entertained for longer than instant gratification though. Because if they do what some want them to do it won't be entertaining when they lose their young guys due to cap issues and this team becomes an unwatchable mess like it did in the dark ages.

Correct the mistake of getting rid of Amonte, Zubov, Kovalev, Weight and adding aging vets. Don't repeat that mistake.

We have a special young core growing here.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I have a mixture of excitement but apprehension because I don't fully trust the Rangers to make the right moves. I don't want to get my hopes up.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Ovechkin is not that dirty.

It is not news to me and I can do without the dripping sarcasm.
He isn't as awful about it nowadays, probably because of old age, but he took a lot of charging runs at guys, lots of hits from behind, leaving his feet constantly to throw his whole body into the hit in the air, and some elbows in there as well

It is a reputation for a reason

Reactions: deathb4disco

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
He isn't as awful about it nowadays, probably because of old age, but he took a lot of charging runs at guys, lots of hits from behind, leaving his feet constantly to throw his whole body into the hit in the air, and some elbows in there as well

It is a reputation for a reason
He has always been my favorite non ranger. I just don't see it, but to each their own!

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
If we are trying to win a cup here Malkin will be a disaster here at this point in his career and doesn't address a single issue on this team. Not one of the glaring issues we all saw all season and playoffs long.

He has played over 70 games in a season ONCE since 2011-2012.

I can't believe the people in here complaining they didn't want scheifle bc he's bad defensively and mainly gets his points on the pp but then want Malkin. I understand he comes for only money but this isn't the fit for this team to win a cup. He would look great in spurts during the season but this move would be a wreck if you're trying to win a championship

Well in that same time frame he’s played in 115 out of 121 playoff games so if he has to miss time during the regular season so he’s good to go in the playoffs I’m not really concerned.

Svenhart2008

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
I wonder if Drury’s plan is to load up as much as he can and go for it next year. If it doesn’t work, sell off Kreider, Trouba, Panarin etc. young core is still coming up.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Well in that same time frame he’s played in 115 out of 121 playoff games so if he has to miss time during the regular season so he’s good to go in the playoffs I’m not really concerned.
And during that time in 115 playoff games he has 55 even strength point so again how does he address the issues on this team with faceoffs, even strength scoring, nz transportation (he doesn't get through the nz like he use to), and 5v5 defensive play?

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Gorton wasn't with the organization for 9 years he was here for less than 6, what rock did you crawl out from? Come on....Jeff Gorton built this team. The years Gorton had this team were obvious rebuild years, it was this year and next that were to be the turning points no matter who had the job. The trades we made at the deadline helped for one year and likely set us back a year. And spare me the revisionist crap, I've been preaching this all year, there's nothing revisionist about it. Drury, Sather and Dolan are in too much of a hurry and its already catching up to us. Gorton got us Zibanejad, he got us Strome and Chytil.
Gorton was with the organization from 2007-2021 including scout, assistant GM and GM (I don't think there were any gaps). He was GM for 6 years

Reactions: RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Lmfao I don’t need to read anything else after that first line..but ill play along

Gorton was with the NYR Org starting in 2007-2008. You wanna guess where he started? I’ll help you out.. SCOUT. Then very next year he was promoted to Director of Player Personnel for 3 years. Then for 3 years after that he was AGM. Yeah, he DEFINITELY had no imprint nor bears any responsibility for this organization’s lackluster ability to develop a quality center anywhere in the top 9 over the last DECADE.

What rock did you crawl out from? Haha. Laughable.

I knew you would point to Zibanejad (which i already covered in the original post) AND i just knew you would point to Strome. Yes lets point to Strome for a second. Who was the GM of EDM when that deal was made? Furthermore, if Strome was so outstanding, why did we just let him walk away when his contract demands and what he likely gets somewhere else would have been affordable? I can promise you its a simple answer. Chytil, yes lets give Gorton the mastermind credit for Chytil (but sh shh dont open door #2 where we revisit when we wasted a #7 overall pick on Lias Andersson). Chytil, who the jury is still out on and up until the playoff performance was looking like he was destined to be a middling player who would not amount to anymore than a 3rd line forward. Maybe, maybe he becomes a quality top 6 player. But that is no given. So yes please list two trades and a still TBD draft pick as Gorton’s great success yet continue to ignore the fact that he was with the org for 14 years and he is part of the reason why we have no 2C to this point and no one on the near horizon in the system.

This was fun, but I think you should be the one sparing all of us.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
No, it has nothing to do with that. We have some truly ungrateful and highly immature people on this board. I don't blame him for leaving and it sucks we lost such a great asset.
Do we actually know that’s the reason he left? Maybe he just doesnt have time to be here? I’m more inclined to believe the later.

Reactions: haveandare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad