GDT: Free Agency 2020, Part III - Hockey is back! Regular season to begin January 13th 2021

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Hell no lol. Not until 21-22 season at the earliest. Not with the way Florida treats the pandemic.

I would go assuming i can get vaccinated in February/March. Not before getting vaccinated.

That’s good. I’ll have more space. :laugh:

Seriously, I’m careful, but I have decided to also not to continue living in fear. I think there’s a balance. As an example, I looked for, and finally got into a vaccine trial in West Palm area. Got my shot yesterday; it’s a double blind study though so nobody knows whether I got the real deal or a placebo. Johnson & Johnson. I feel good being a tiny part of trying to help though, trying to be positive.... <it’s a setup for a panthers joke>

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I would absolutely go to a Cats game if I’m allowed in. I can’t help but love this team and organization and want to support during a time like this.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
The stripe on the retro one? I would have preferred it be red but it's not a deal breaker for me with it being white.
Maybe Viola wanted red, white and blue in there being very patriotic?
The new shade of gold looks so much better than the yellow gold did. This is by far the best looking blue jersey, even with the big white stripe. Maybe they put the white stripe on because it matches the white stripe on the new style reds.

Reactions: FrolikFan67

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
That’s good. I’ll have more space. :laugh:

Seriously, I’m careful, but I have decided to also not to continue living in fear. I think there’s a balance. As an example, I looked for, and finally got into a vaccine trial in West Palm area. Got my shot yesterday; it’s a double blind study though so nobody knows whether I got the real deal or a placebo. Johnson & Johnson. I feel good being a tiny part of trying to help though, trying to be positive.... <it’s a setup for a panthers joke>
I think I would go.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The new shade of gold looks so much better than the yellow gold did. This is by far the best looking blue jersey, even with the big white stripe. Maybe they put the white stripe on because it matches the white stripe on the new style reds.

Ya the gold looks sharp, it seems the only issue for everyone is the white stripe, which if its only one gripe, the team that made the jersey did well imo.

The white stripe breaks up the full blue fill from shoulders to shins. Maybe gold or red would have been better?
But the white makes it stand out from the old ones which is the key with any retro, majority of its old school with a new addition to set it apart.

Reactions: Ratsreign

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Ya the gold looks sharp, it seems the only issue for everyone is the white stripe, which if its only one gripe, the team that made the jersey did well imo.

The white stripe breaks up the full blue fill from shoulders to shins. Maybe gold or red would have been better?
But the white makes it stand out from the old ones which is the key with any retro, majority of its old school with a new addition to set it apart.
Jersey by itself kind of looks odd to me.
The whole uniform, including pants and socks looks really well done. :nod:

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
"Forget Lafreniére - history is made with the five Florida Panthers Calder finalists of 2021 - Tippett, Denisenko, Lundell, Saarela and Gildon!!! When coach Q handed the team over to the kids, the rookies carried the Panthers to the shocking Stanley Cup win while the rest of the team sat back and watched. Huberdeau, Ekblad and Barkov all cry happy tears as Denisenko, Gildon and Lundell carry home the Hart, Norris and Selkie trophies. The unsung heroes Chris Driedger and Sergei Bobrovski generously decide to withdraw from the Vezina race in favor of Cayden Primeau when the disgruntled Canadian media accuse the Panthers of "hoarding all the wins and trophies". It still doesn't stop the grumble that "Covid-years clearly favor Florida teams and therefore should not count"." :nod:

Huberdeau yelled “there you go!” Ekblad gave a look of pleasant surprise. Bobrovsky belted out “we got a f***ing squad now!” And before Barkov hit the locker room door, ex NHL star Jaromir Jagr hugged him and said, “y’all look so different.”

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Huberdeau yelled “there you go!” Ekblad gave a look of pleasant surprise. Bobrovsky belted out “we got a f***ing squad now!” And before Barkov hit the locker room door, ex NHL star Jaromir Jagr hugged him and said, “y’all look so different.”
[Lombardi] Barkov on who’s leaving first: Him or Jonathan Huberdeau. “I don’t compare myself with anybody,” Then he rolled up his sleeve and showed a tattoo of his contract ending in 2022 “I’ll let you interpret that however you want,” Barkov said.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I'd be happy with a 48 games season starting in February.

I can't see how it would be possible to start the season before February.

Tick tock tick tock...the clock is ticking.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Now that there’s a legit chance they start in January, I wonder when we’ll see more movement as far as trades go

Reactions: Para

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I might get slack for suggesting it but this not a bad year to tank given its short nature. Go get a top 5 pick and really make some big decisions regarding the future of this team next summer.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I might get slack for suggesting it but this not a bad year to tank given its short nature. Go get a top 5 pick and really make some big decisions regarding the future of this team next summer.
48 games into last season, the Panthers were in a playoff spot. Everything should be less predictable in a short season, so why not just go for it and hope things fall our way?

Reactions: Ratsreign and KW

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

Would a top 5 pick this year even really help that much? So many prospects not playing in their draft year, makes it feel more like a crap shoot.

Reactions: Cold Cat and Pigge

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
48 games into last season, the Panthers were in a playoff spot. Everything should be less predictable in a short season, so why not just go for it and hope things fall our way?

I agree, in a shortened season teams that bond quickly and get off to a good start basically seal a playoff spot. I think this group could be one of those teams. I think there will be a couple surprises this season in the standings. For some reason I think the Panthers will do fairly well.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
That would fly in the face of their stated goal of “changing the culture” and having players that refuse to accept losing around here. It would be horribly and harmfully two-faced by management, imo.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Im definitely not opposed to tanking but when you have the worst team in the league and 3rd or 4th worst team in the league in your division it makes it hard to outpace them.

Reactions: RogerRoger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad