GDT: Free Agency 2020, Part III - Hockey is back! Regular season to begin January 13th 2021

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Well, as usual next season will depend a lot on just how high a level and type of play that they'll get out of Barkov. He has the type of tools that are game changing/controlling, and ice tilting. He has the same skill level as MacKinnon. It's like, Colorado is good, but imagine if MacKinnon was a different player than he is. It would be a different type of team.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
None of these should be expensive. It will still be a flat cap and I don't see any team going out of their way to give a big contract to Wennberg after he shat the bed that hard after getting his big contract.
Eh going to 4M would not be a surprise if he say puts up 50pts: we don’t want to constrict future moves

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Pretty decent write up about panthers on NHL today: Inside look at Florida Panthers

That's the best preview of the Panthers I've seen yet. They try to analyze what the real problems of the team have been the past few years instead of repeating the same mindless "they lost Hoffman and Dadonov, they'll be bad, underachievers again blah blah blah". I like Hradek and don't understand when so many people always rip on his analysis all the time. He's spot on. Zito knows that the culture here has to change before anything else can be expected to change. He's made good additions in that regard. Maybe it will spark our skilled players to play better.

Reactions: Vilam and KW

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
So GR speculated that we might actually bring Lundell into training camp...if so we are one step closer to the Cup.
We’ve got to think that a confident Lundell could be a Calder level player

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Don't forget about Saarela and Denisenko, they will also win Calders. One for each.
"Forget Lafreniére - history is made with the five Florida Panthers Calder finalists of 2021 - Tippett, Denisenko, Lundell, Saarela and Gildon!!! When coach Q handed the team over to the kids, the rookies carried the Panthers to the shocking Stanley Cup win while the rest of the team sat back and watched. Huberdeau, Ekblad and Barkov all cry happy tears as Denisenko, Gildon and Lundell carry home the Hart, Norris and Selkie trophies. The unsung heroes Chris Driedger and Sergei Bobrovski generously decide to withdraw from the Vezina race in favor of Cayden Primeau when the disgruntled Canadian media accuse the Panthers of "hoarding all the wins and trophies". It still doesn't stop the grumble that "Covid-years clearly favor Florida teams and therefore should not count"." :nod:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah but Lundell will still have to earn it though. I mean if he comes to camp and looks like he can make an impact, why not give him a look? Panthers still have to sign him first though.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I have serious concern the nhl will not have a season in 2021.
We will have a season: question is will we have one before olympics

In the US, the vaccine is beginning to roll out and there is the distribution network to provide probably by mid May. I imagine the same is true in Canada. The bigger concern is the developing world

Reactions: harv33173

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
We will have a season: question is will we have one before olympics

In the US, the vaccine is beginning to roll out and there is the distribution network to provide probably by mid May. I imagine the same is true in Canada. The bigger concern is the developing world

Well at that point it would be the next season, 21-22. They're gonna start that one on time because they want everything copasetic when they introduce their 32nd franchise.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
If contracts rolled over I'd be all for moving this year, give more time for Lundell hahaha. I am definitely doubtful hockey will be starting January 1.

Will you guys attend games? Florida allows limited seating.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If contracts rolled over I'd be all for moving this year, give more time for Lundell hahaha. I am definitely doubtful hockey will be starting January 1.

I would attend in person.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida

we decided we would try to go to sanibel for thanksgiving weekend. had 3 nights booked at south sea, starting Thursday. what we didn't take into considering is the type of people that were intent on doing a family vacation. it was like walking on another planet. maskless people everywhere, not respecting any boundaries. it was almost as if there wasn't even a pandemic going on.

we left the same night before enjoying any leisure.

chances are the same types will be headed to hockey games pre-vaccine. no thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad