GDT: Free Agency 2014 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If I'm not mistaken this generally ends with me being shot several times in the dark by a female FBI agent who looks a lot like Jodie Foster, with a chip on her shoulder because of her impoverished upbringing, so the jury isn't a concern.

Fair enough. I'm a bit fuzzy about the end of the movie because I was busy trying to stop myself from jumping off my roof after listening to her voice for over an hour and a half... it's like nails on a chalk board...

Evergreen

Yep. Still sucks ass for Fisher. No one should go through that.

It's awful timing for Fisher given that he's in a contract year, but we have seen Justin Wiliams and Erik Karlsson recover quite well from similar injuries in recent years, so that should provide some encouragement for Mike.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It's awful timing for Fisher given that he's in a contract year, but we have seen Justin Wiliams and Erik Karlsson recover quite well from similar injuries in recent years, so that should provide some encouragement for Mike.

Fisher is 34, though. Williams was 27 (I think) when he came back from his injury and Karlsson is 24.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I was refilling Schenn's gruel bucket and making sure he hasn't made any progress at finding a way out of the abandoned well in my basement.

Mostly I've been caring for my moths and sitting around naked while I apply for jobs in Schenn's name, while blasting "Goodbye Horses" as I work.

You know, just a usual Monday.

Is he about a size 14?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Meszaros was actually pretty good after coming back from his Achilles injury. But then he hurt his shoulder and that ruined him.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Meszaros was actually pretty good after coming back from his Achilles injury. But then he hurt his shoulder and that ruined him.

I feel for Meszaros. His back and shoulders really have taken a toll him and he's just a shell of the player he once was. His balance was off, he lacked power in his skating, and he was really tentative in his overall game. Back injuries are the real killer for players. Look at guys like John LeClair, Ryan Parent and Mike Bossy. As soon as they had their backs operated on, they were done.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
I feel for Meszaros. His back and shoulders really have taken a toll him and he's just a shell of the player he once was. His balance was off, he lacked power in his skating, and he was really tentative in his overall game. Back injuries are the real killer for players. Look at guys like John LeClair, Ryan Parent and Mike Bossy. As soon as they had their backs operated on, they were done.

Well, I'd argue back and head injuries are equally bad. Back injuries are really scary though and are often persistent problems. Hell, we saw it with Vinny this year. He was our best player before his injury and quickly fell to our worst player.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
One thing I can not wait to see is when Neal plays with a scrub center. He will be back to 20-25 goals a year without the defense that Horny provided. Guy was a extremely hard worker as well.

Neal played with Staal when he was originally traded to the Pens I believe and put up 1 goal. Nashville is going to have an extremely tough time scoring.

Also seems like Callahan turned down more money from the Leafs to re-sign with the Lightning. Nonis is a moron, I have no clue how that man is a NHL GM.

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Zero chance Vinny scores 30 goals

I don't think it is that far fetched. He potted 20 goals last year and all people talk about is how awful he was. If he improves even a little bit 30 goals is not out of the question. It isn't likely, but I wouldn't say there is no chance.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
I don't think it is that far fetched. He potted 20 goals last year and all people talk about is how awful he was. If he improves even a little bit 30 goals is not out of the question. It isn't likely, but I wouldn't say there is no chance.

Thank you...I was thinking the same when I posted...All depends on Vinny's back and if he can stay healthy.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Nonis is a moron, I have no clue how that man is a NHL GM.

I completely agree...being in the GTA I have to listen to this idiot(Nonis) on TSN constantly. Bonehead move #1 "Let's buyout Grabovski"..lol At least we Flyers don't have to worry about the Leafs with Nonis at the Helm.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If Vinny stays perfectly healthy and the 2nd Unit stops being a fertilizer fire, I think Vinny can definitely get or approach 30.

But those are both big ifs, and they both have to happen IMO.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Move him and Streit up to the top PP unit and let them blast away.

Our PP was not so great last year that we should be afraid of making changes.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Move him and Streit up to the top PP unit and let them blast away.

Our PP was not so great last year that we should be afraid of making changes.

If you put Vinny on the first unit that means you are replacing Voracek with him since they both operate off the right wall. I don't like that.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
If you put Vinny on the first unit that means you are replacing Voracek with him since they both operate off the right wall. I don't like that.

Same here. Voracek is much more dangerous on the side opposite of Giroux. Vinny would be pretty much only a trigger man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille