GDT: Free Agency 2014 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I like how Randy also assumes the Flyers org has the mindset of a spoiled child who isn't getting as much attention as it wants. How can they make a splash!?

Why do we need to make a splash?

Cause hockey is a pool party, apparently. :shakehead

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I like how Randy also assumes the Flyers org has the mindset of a spoiled child who isn't getting as much attention as it wants. How can they make a splash!?

Why do we need to make a splash?

Snider and Hextall are so mad about the Sixers making headlines! They need to do something to reel those millions of crossover hockey-football fans!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Miller's piece should be entitled: How Flyers Can Do Something that I Can Write About.

Cover page of the offer sheet:

To: David Poile
Subject: Definitely not an offer sheet

You are one sly individual! Holmgren possibly could have followed that up with something like:

Hey Dave,

Don't worry about the Weber stuff. We're backing off on trying to work out a deal for him. He's such a great fit on the Predators. I'm so jealous!

By the way, a few of the GMs and I were arguing over who has the coolest signature. I naturally said yours was wa-a-ay cooler than anyone else's. They are still holding out that Yzerman's is; something about the capital Y and z. I really want to prove them wrong. Can you sign the next page and send it back to me, please? I'll forward it to the GMs and show them how awesome your sig is!

Your friend,

Paul

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
Any idea who the player the flyers really want is? Hextall just said they are focused on a single player in free agency, and they are waiting to see if his price goes down

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Any idea who the player the flyers really want is? Hextall just said they are focused on a single player in free agency, and they are waiting to see if his price goes down

it has to be Vrbata. it's rumored that he's asking for too much. so all the teams interested in him are waiting for him to lower his price.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
My entire goal for this offseason was getting rid of Emery, Lecavelier, and Grossmann. They just actively made sure that one of them is coming back and the other two are questionable, rumors and hopes are all I have right now. I REALLY hope tomorrow turns out better and the only reason Lecavelier hasn't been traded yet is his bonus.

Help us Nashville, you're our only hope.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Grossmann and Lecavelier can both return something, they don't have negative value... we just have to find the right place for them.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Off the top of my head I'd love to go after Vrbata, Stempniak, and Kulemin.

Signing Ott would really ruin every single encouraging thing Hextall has done. For me at least.

Edit: Still plenty of time to improve out fourth line and trade our dumpster fire players. The backup goalie thing is mildly upsetting, but not an overly big deal so long as Mason is healthy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad