GDT: Free Agency 2014. 12:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Murray from the Sens just did a presser. He said he'd like to trade for a veteran center... Vinny, anyone? Anyone?

Was almost begging for one too, he looks stressed the **** out.

Mactavish saying same thing, hopefully we can ditch Vinny then hit the bargain bin and pick up some steals.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Yeah, I get the feeling Grossmann's here to stay. Haven't seen one rumor with his name in it.

Again, I'll reiterate, just because our previous GM revealed his cards every July 1st (and often earlier), doesn't mean our new GM will. I don't really approve of his two transactions so far (Hartnell and Emery), but I think we need to be patient before making these conclusions.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Some odd horrible moves and a few good ones (Ehrhoff, Richards).

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
@sbaickerCSN: Emery: If Mase has a year like last year, and I can contribute a little bit better in games I get in than I did last season, I'll be happy

At least he has a great attitude.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, I get the feeling Grossmann's here to stay. Haven't seen one rumor with his name in it.

He did have surgery on his right ankle back in May which had a recovery time of almost 3 months. I don't he's untradeable necessarily but I think teams may want to see him in action before potentially making a move for him.

He's only 29, signed for two more years, & was a lot better the previous year when he wasn't hobbled with injuries. After seeing what some bottom pairing defensemen got today there's no way we're stuck with Grossmann for these next two years unless Hextall wants him.

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011
@ LucGelinasRDS "NHLBruins @ @ DetroitRedWings, Columbus @ PredsNHL have not added any player today but the Preds work Lecavalier folder"

Translated tweet from Luc Gelinas. I think he's reliable. Seems like there is an interest from the Preds in Vinny. Hopefully it's a reasonable deal.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Life lessons for Flyers fans:
Not making moves for the sake of making moves = feeling like the Jewish kid at the school Christmas party. It's responsible but it's boring. Let's gather up our usual excitement for this important day in the NHL calendar, package it away, and hope we can open it up and use it for a Cup win in the next few years.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
This day can be redeemed if Vinny is moved. I will throw up if he's on our team opening day

I'm good with Hextall holding his cards close to his vest. Better to wait for a position of strength rather than jumping at the first option and ending up with a bad situation like retained salary or an awful return. I'll give Hextall the benefit of the doubt.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
cmon Hexy, trade Vinny to the Preds then sign Vrbata. lets do this! :handclap:

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Standing pat for guys like Kulemin or Strmpniak are the smart moves and the majority of the deals today are atrocious. Probably the worst free agency I've ever seen.

So I'm very glad the Flyers aren't taking part.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
Standing pat for guys like Kulemin or Strmpniak are the smart moves and the majority of the deals today are atrocious. Probably the worst free agency I've ever seen.

So I'm very glad the a flyers aren't taking part.

I'm with ya. I'd love to see the Flyers get Kulemin, but seeing how other players have been paid, I'm not so sure he'll be affordable.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

So I'm very glad the a flyers aren't taking part.

Yea easily the worst group of contracts I've seen. A lot of guys left that would be desperate for work and take a good deal. Also really like how the lady few days have worked out for the preds. They would seem stuck if they want a center now

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'm with ya. I'd love to see the Flyers get Kulemin, but seeing how other players have been paid, I'm not so sure he'll be affordable.

It's fine whether they land him or not but the hope is that players like him will be cheap to sign with all these terrible big deals being tossed around. Each player signed is one less roster spot and less cap space a team has.

It's not like we're contenders here. A playoff team probably, health permitting, but why is everyone so antsy to sign guys when this free agency is atrocious and we should be fixing Homers bad contracts plus continuing the retool/rebuild anyway?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Boyle to Tampa , bolts did well today.

Jets want to add another winger, Umberger, 2 nd for rights to Burmistrov ?

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
So, what good deals were inked today? I'm having a hard time finding any, middling role players or back-up goalies notwithstanding.

Hemsky? That seems like a solid deal to me. Ernhoff? Definitely solid, and pisses me off a little.

After that? I'm having a hard time finding any that seem really reasonable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad