GDT: Free Agency 2014. 12:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Toliet Paper at hand.

I think we will trade at least 2 players and sign 2.

The 2 we sign won't be 'huge' signings but complimentary.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I'm pretty sure the Flyers won't be active in terms of free agent signings. Tim Pistachio mentioned on csnphilly.com this morning that the Flyers and Predators nearly had a trade in place for Lecavalier, but Nashville wanted the Flyers to retain salary in the trade. I'm beginning to fear that Hextall's hands are severely tied by Holmgren's bad spending and that he's going to have to do some fancy footwork to get out of some of those bad contracts Holmgren signed.

Buffalo will be busy because they're $16 million below the floor, so they'll have lots of money to spend and I expect that Tim Murray will be signing quite a few players to get to the floor.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Yeah, I don't expect them to be players in this years market.

Maybe that's for the best.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I would be looking to move VL and Grossmann. Kick the tires on a LW and a few cheap pieces to round out the roster AND a backup netminder.

Edit: I said looking to: The cap makes this hard.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
I'm thinking we'll spend most of today laughing at all the stupid contracts handed out, instead of the other way around for once. And that's fine by me.

Trim some fat Hexy, and keeps things simple for now. Your time for major moves will come, just not yet.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Could Buffalo be a realistic option for Vinny? They need a cap hit (or five), and Vinny isn't nearly good enough to throw off their tanking efforts. Could also serve as a mentor in a year or two as they start to put the pieces together after the big McDavid push.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
From Eklund so take it for what it's worth...

Flyers Will Look at Gorges if Leafs Can't Sway Him. (E3)
"The Flyers are after a D-man today. Ehrhoff, Niskanen, Boyle and more will be talked to."

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
What mystical cap space are they using to make these signings?

Maybe they really do have a deal in place for Vinny.

Edit: I wouldn't hate Gorges, but the term on his deal is going to be too long. He would be a much better option than Grossmann or Schenn to play along side of Streit/MacDonald.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Holy **** no Niskanen, he's gonna get grossly overpaid by someone and I'm not trying to see if the Flyers can assemble a 30+ million D

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011
Anyone have a link to watch online? Thinking the Spezza move will open the floodgates

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I think that's where Lecavalier will go, but the Flyers will have to eat some salary. As much as Hextall might not want to, he's going to have to eat at least $1.5 million a year for the duration of the contract.

That's what they originally wanted but things have just changed a good deal. I think they may go for it. They prob should go with it tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad