Frederick Gauthier looks good as the 4th line center

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Besides being a deceptively fast straight line skater, what is this guy actually good at? Still trying to wrap my head around what he’s supposed to be doing out there.
like many on this roster that we are forced to carry at league minimum

"don't lose us games"

fill the roles our supposed skilled guys won't or can't

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
like many on this roster that we are forced to carry at league minimum

"don't lose us games"

fill the roles our supposed skilled guys won't or can't
It's hard to win when out of the key attributes needed to be a complete player, the majority on the roster only have about 1 each.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

landeskog11

Jan 14, 2012
would like to see Gauthier play with Tavares see if his size could be effective in a scoring role 1st line

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
he doesnt have the hands, shot or IQ to play high in the lineup. He is a serviceable 4th liner but asking him to be more wold be a mistake

I would say he can be a serviceable 4th liner but he doesn't bring it every shift/every night.

No intensity and from a stopped position as bad as any skater in the NHL.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
i feel like our 4th line hasn't been nearly as effective since we stuck with Tima/shore basically every night. Switching up the guys every few games kept them hungry and engaged.

What happened to the flying Goat? Seriously...his first couple of weeks when he was worried about Spezza taking his job...he was flying..then he realized he had no competition and he went back to his doing puzzles and wearing fedora's. I just wish someone would tell him to hit someone at least 1x a game minimum to stay in the league..but alas..it was not meant to be.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
The only one playing well right now in the bottom 6 is Kapanen. The bottom 6 was carrying the team earlier in the year. Kerfoot was playing well when he was injured and Soup has gone ice cold (which is the real Soup?).

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
I think Gauthier stinks. He's not an NHL player in my book. The sooner we can add a legit center the better.

What the hell does he offer? Offense..NO...

Physical play & hitting for a man his size...NO....

Is he a defensive whizz with speed to forecheck..NO...

Can he go and get the puck back?..No he's too slow.

Is he a good penalty killer?...NO

Goat is simply a favorite of our idiot coach, nothing more. He's a cheap player for a team with zero cap space thanks to our dumb GM.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
He's no worse than Shore or Petan. I would say better than both. We're playing some serious scrubs at this time.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
What happened to the flying Goat? Seriously...his first couple of weeks when he was worried about Spezza taking his job...he was flying..then he realized he had no competition and he went back to his doing puzzles and wearing fedora's. I just wish someone would tell him to hit someone at least 1x a game minimum to stay in the league..but alas..it was not meant to be.
Make him earn his way back into the lineup.
He was horrible tonight again.

WHY does he dress every game and worse still, why soes he see ice time on the PK?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00