Frederick Gauthier looks good as the 4th line center

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
He looks alot more mobile when getting around the ice. A couple times he ladt few games, hes actually looked fast. I hope we can hold onto him and groom him as our very own Brian Boyle 2.0. A huge body that wins draws, kills penalties and is responsible. Let's see what happens the rest of the year.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
He's definitely moving around very well out there. But is he an ideal 4th line center when the coach gives only him 2 shifts in the 3rd?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Pleased with Freddy's game so far. I wish he was a bit nastier and used his size more, but I've liked his hustle on the forecheck and hard work in the corners. And it looks like his skating is at an NHL level for his size. He looks more explosive and agile than I've seen him in the past.

Hope he keeps it up, nothing to complain about with him as the #4C. Particularly when the Leafs are so strong up the middle with Matthews, JT, and Kadri

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Hopefully we won’t have to trade a 2nd at the deadline this year again. In his limited ice time he looks faster and stronger on the puck. What do you think long term?

i have been saying this for ages , my post history will back that up

the mighty mighty goat is and will be our 4th line C for many years to come.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Yeah, I've def liked his game.

My only quirk with him so far is why he isn't a bit nastier/meaner. He def has the size to play that way.

Its essentially the same gripe I have with Oziganov. OZ has been playing well but I just wish he was bit nastier too

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Pleased with Freddy's game so far. I wish he was a bit nastier and used his size more, but I've liked his hustle on the forecheck and hard work in the corners. And it looks like his skating is at an NHL level for his size. He looks more explosive and agile than I've seen him in the past.

Hope he keeps it up, nothing to complain about with him as the #4C. Particularly when the Leafs are so strong up the middle with Matthews, JT, and Kadri

the kid had one of his legs destroyed during his development years and seeing that he is a huge man, it's only natural that it would take him longer to put it all back together compared to some fly weight like marner/nylander.

as for the nasty part, most rooks/sophomores don't have snarl , it's something they grow into. The snarl will come in time.

Reactions: Cobra777

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I just want. A tiny goal scoring touch. He seems to lack that but if he put's guys through the boards I don't care

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Yeah, I've def liked his game.

My only quirk with him so far is why he isn't a bit nastier/meaner. He def has the size to play that way.

Its essentially the same gripe I have with Oziganov. OZ has been playing well but I just wish he was bit nastier too

it's pretty well documented and discuses by former players , i have read and listened to it on the radio

rooks/sophomores tend to "stay in their lane" for a lack of a better descriptive.

it takes a couple of seasons before "it's ok" to be snarly , by their teammates and opposition.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
it's pretty well documented and discuses by former players , i have read and listened to it on the radio

rooks/sophomores tend to "stay in their lane" for a lack of a better descriptive.

it takes a couple of seasons before "it's ok" to be snarly , by their teammates and opposition.

Thats pretty stupid if true, and its the first time Im hearing about it.

You're telling me players who have played with an edge and physicality in juniors/college (a trait that may have played a huge part of them becoming an NHL'r in the first place)...cant be shown in the first 2 years?

I dont know If I can believe that. Its not like I'm trying to convince Marner to play nastier.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Thats pretty stupid if true, and its the first time Im hearing about it.

You're telling me players who have played with an edge and physicality in juniors/college (a trait that may have played a huge part of them becoming an NHL'r in the first place)...cant be shown in the first 2 years?

I dont know If I can believe that. Its not like I'm trying to convince Marner to play nastier.

no no you are using different descriptors

both of you said nastier, meaner , thats something entirely different then physical

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Fair enough. But even in your case, I find it hard to believe.

well i can only tell you what i have heard in interviews and read in books and news paper articles

i have no reason to lie about this.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He's definitely moving around very well out there. But is he an ideal 4th line center when the coach gives only him 2 shifts in the 3rd?

Yep.

Mean he has looked better, and I would love nothing more for him to finally be able to earn a roster spot. But I think it had a lot of work to do to win over Babs

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010

100 % agree on the nastiness comment.
with his new found speed, if he decides to start finishing checks and leaning on people he could be a real solid 4th liner. Hope he keeps working on his speed. If he can improve this much again before he hits his peak it would make him a perfect 4C

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Played 7 minutes, was 50% on faceoffs, had two hits and one shot on goal. That is all you can really expect from a fourth line centre.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Positive possesion numbers
Big size
Can skate for his size finally
Can pk

Just need to add a bit of scoring and its honestly perfect.

I do not think scoring is the top priority. Look at who you have in the top 9? If he adds PK to his game, he could approach 10 minutes a night in total and that would be more than great for a 4C on our team. Just needs to wear down guys, win draws, play a bit of shut down, and make sure he doesn't make too many mistakes. If he does that, scoring won't matter.

However getting into the teens in points would be nice, and I think he could do that in a full season this year. Brian Boyle was 26 when he first got double digit points in a season so if Gauthier could do it at 23/24 he would not be looking too bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->