Tribute Freddy Andersen

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I don’t think he’s amazing but I don’t think he’s crap either. We should have pushed to get Gibson as he was the better starter of the two out in Anaheim. Freddy isn’t an elite goaltender. But our defense is putrid

Mar 26, 2010
I have defended him for a long time mainly because of our putrid defensive play at times, and he has bailed us out quite a bit.

However, there is simply too many games where he’s looked average at best. And to me, I just don’t think that he can put together enough good games for a cup run.
Andersen is absolutely trash. I have said this for years.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
He's the best goalie we have.

And we aren't getting another one.

If Andersen leaves, this franchise will be in 100% meltdown mode.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Freddie has a screw loose in his head. He has a tendency of letting negative momentum snowball. You see it every October for example.

Reactions: Brown Dog

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Freddie was great for 6/7 games in the boston series last year.

We should finished them off at home game 6.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I have defended him for a long time mainly because of our putrid defensive play at times, and he has bailed us out quite a bit.

However, there is simply too many games where he’s looked average at best. And to me, I just don’t think that he can put together enough good games for a cup run.

If Leafs can't win with an all-star goalie, who can they win with?

Leafs need D and a team commitment. I haven't waivered from this position. Yes, Freddie needs to be more consistent, but some of this is law of averages coming back to haunt the Leafs. He would regularly bail them out for their horrible defensive decisions, now those same 2 on 1's are going in.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
He's the best goalie we have.

And we aren't getting another one.

This is true. If we don't get to the next level with Freddy this year, you re-evaluate and maybe move on in the offseason. Hopefully Dubas will learn from his Babcock experience and pull the plug if it ain't happening.

In the meantime lets hope he can get it together.

Until he does, he can't.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I would pull the trigger on a Georgiev and try to groom him to be more than a backup. Need to push Andersen and also have options as a franchise.

Reactions: Eye Test

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
i been saying this forever, he aint a goalie that u go on cup run with. he cant even stop shots from 15/20ft out consistently. his 5hole and glove hand is so weak, he gets frozen. he has like 0.915 sv% and faces ton of shots from outside and people here think he is some god, when in reality he is average to below average at best.

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
You can blame the defence all you want, but the truth you need a save here and there. That 3rd goal simple can't go in.
His extremes are tremendous. He can carry you for a stretch and also cost you games for weeks at a time. He is an average #1 goalie and not good enough to go far in the playoffs with, nevermind a cup.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
go read my post history, just like hating on babcock i always said andersen is not the type of goalie you go on a cup run with. he is so overated.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
yes.

Andersen has a great win% since, one of the better win% of goaltenders > 300GP.
win % dont meant anything since goalies can get carried, he gotten carried to so many wins even when he lets in 4 goals a game this szn. whats his sv% in those 300 games?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
You can't really blame the players when there is a chance every decent opportunity will end up in the net.
Lou's best move wasn't even that great. An average #1. Look at what Lehner did last season and that didn't cost a 1st and 2nd.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad