Jan 4, 2012
We can and we will.

and you dont seem sorry.

Last edited:

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
I always believe you need good balance of forwards and defenceman to win. The problem here is that we have too many great forwards and not enough people that know how to play defence. I think it’s time we trade a couple of our premier forwards for a really good defenceman.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I have defended him for a long time mainly because of our putrid defensive play at times, and he has bailed us out quite a bit.

However, there is simply too many games where he’s looked average at best. And to me, I just don’t think that he can put together enough good games for a cup run.

defence is the problem, not goaltending

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
The team as a whole needs to do a better job in their own zone. The biggest problem with the Leafs is not that they can't defend the rush, it's that they get hemmed in way too often and can't get it out without icing the puck. This is as much the forwards' fault as it is the defencemen's. Way too many times I've seen a Leaf forward just make a weak pass straight to an opponent's stick in their own zone and then get hemmed in for another 30 seconds and either allow a goal or take a penalty.

As for Andersen - he has played more hockey than anybody in the world over the past 3.5 years. They need to start him less. Over these last 36 games it would be ideal if they only play him in 20 of them. As long as Hutchinson can play at a league average level we should still be able to make the playoffs. If Freddy ends up playing 25 more games, he is probably going to shit the bed in the playoffs.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Andersen is the same every year. Has a good stretch in November and December, does horrible for a few weeks, does good for a few weeks, rinse, repeat. He's slightly above average goaltender with horrendous defense in front of him.

I thought there was some logic to it, rather than just have a steady eddy goalie that doesn't steal or throw away many games, we get a guy who can go on a month long hot streak and hope it happens in April/May. I don't know if they thought his inconsistency would be this consistent as to which months it happens in.

Reactions: napoleon in rags

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
defence is the problem, not goaltending

I don't think you can say goaltending is ever not the problem with 3 in 10 shots. He has to make the great saves not just the good ones and he has done that most of the year. 3 in 10 would get him pulled if they had a real backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad