Confirmed with Link: Franzen out vs Blues-Hip Flexor ; Eaves in

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
If Franzen has to go on injured reserve it's more likely Nyquist will get called up.

This is what I'm thinking. It seems too risky, with cases like tonight, not to have that extra forward on the roster this season, and clearly Detroit is in a position where they need to compete every night. I'm sure they know that Nyquist can potentially bring something good to the table. Nyquist will be called up again eventually, people need to calm down about it.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
If Franzen has to go on injured reserve it's more likely Nyquist will get called up.

Yup it's this. Only way for Nyquist to get up before that would be to send Lashoff, Tatar or Andersson the other way.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
It's a problem for a lot of teams this year. Doubt it has anything too do with the conditioning coach.

Yeah, the guys who played overseas generally seem to be in decent shape. The guys who did not - Bert, Mule, Helm, Cola - are the ones getting injured. Brendan Smith would seem to be the exception although you can make the case he wasn't really playing in Grand Rapids. :naughty:

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Let's keep this on topic and not turn it into another Franzen vs. Hossa thread.

But what about Hudler?!?!!!!!!!

:puppy:

Vladdy84 said:
According to Helene St. James, Gator is moving up.

What is this I don't even...

gretskidoo said:
Cleary promoted to 1st line.

ROFL!!!!!!!

I can understand Eaves being given a shot because he's got some offensive skill and grit, and I can't imagine there will be any more call-ups (Nyquist) until some of the surplus bottom-6ers are unloaded.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I think it has more to do with having a bunch of other guys already available.

And they don't wanna bring him up and play him for a couple games then just send him right back down I assume. Also maybe they wanna ensure that when they go to arbitration they can sign him for real cheap.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere

I wouldn't facepalm. Miller spent some time in the top six alot in his Anaheim days when people went down with injuries. Don't ask me how I remember it though... My head is shot and I can't think because I've been out like a lamp with the worst flu I've had in ages...

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Dan Cleary- Top 6, baby!!

<--- not sure whether to laugh or cry about it, but my avatar change a few days ago called it.

And I haven't looked into it at all, but people in the thread are saying that Abby will be in the top 6 also? Mother of God. Cleary AND Abdelkader- that's like making sure to spay or neuter your top 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad