Confirmed with Link: Franzen out vs Blues-Hip Flexor ; Eaves in

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
If Abdelkader is in the top 6 instead of Tatar :help:

Is this real life or some sort of cruel joke?

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
I think this would be the one time I would be relieved to see Samuelsson in our top six, too bad hes injured as well :cry:

SortaExtremist

Jul 2, 2011
Michigan
Poor Datsyuk, he had to play alongside Cleary tonight. Better get someone that can actually play on his wing or this guy is not coming back after his contract is up.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Poor Datsyuk, he had to play alongside Cleary tonight. Better get someone that can actually play on his wing or this guy is not coming back after his contract is up.

Datsyuk has been saddled with Cleary for a few games now. Ever since Bertuzzi went down and Cleary got his goal thats been his spot.

I highly doubt his linemates are going to make a difference in his decision of whether to re-sign or not, if he wants to play NHL hockey he'll stay, if he'd rather wind it down and retire he'll play a year in the KHL.

We need to get healthy and we need to figure out a way to get Cleary out of the line-up, if we accomplish that this team is a pretty good team.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I highly doubt his linemates are going to make a difference in his decision of whether to re-sign or not, if he wants to play NHL hockey he'll stay, if he'd rather wind it down and retire he'll play a year in the KHL.

I don't know that I will, but it's definitely possible... Coaching is something that likely enters a player's mind when making decisions.

He seems to get stuck with at least one dead weight far too often. Babcock had Holmstrom on his line for about 2 years too long and now he's stuck with the worst player on the team again.

Babcock is a Zetterberg guy and has always been. If Datsyuk's going over the pros and cons, who's to say that the likelyhood of safeguarding a lousy winger doesn't cross his mind in the option of staying. Whereas he goes back home and is given the young talent to help his game instead of hiding the deficiencies of others like Babs seems to do.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
We need to get healthy and we need to figure out a way to get Cleary out of the line-up, if we accomplish that this team is a pretty good team.

:laugh::laugh: You should probably set your sights a little lower, Flashy, and shoot for curing cancer while ending world hunger. We are talking about cosmic forces beyond our understanding here.

CloneHakanPlease*

:shakehead

This again speaks to the need to acquire another true top 6 player. Wings can't count on players like Tatar, Nyquist and Bert to be that when the playoffs roll around.

This implies that the Wings would let Nyquist and Tatar play actual minutes

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I don't know that I will, but it's definitely possible... Coaching is something that likely enters a player's mind when making decisions.

He seems to get stuck with at least one dead weight far too often. Babcock had Holmstrom on his line for about 2 years too long and now he's stuck with the worst player on the team again.

Babcock is a Zetterberg guy and has always been. If Datsyuk's going over the pros and cons, who's to say that the likelyhood of safeguarding a lousy winger doesn't cross his mind in the option of staying. Whereas he goes back home and is given the young talent to help his game instead of hiding the deficiencies of others like Babs seems to do.

It wasn't much different for him in the KHL, he played with Alexander Radulov and an assortment of other Wingers.

Datsyuk loves the Red Wings and loves playing against the best in the world. If he's still playing at the same level he'll sign another deal, line-mates are something no player can control, as long as the team is talented he'll have talented people to play with.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
:laugh::laugh: You should probably set your sights a little lower, Flashy, and shoot for curing cancer while ending world hunger. We are talking about cosmic forces beyond our understanding here.

I'm going to pray we can trade him for a couple of LA's Ice-Girls.

I'd settle for some pictures of them though...otherwise the league may reject the deal as too lopsided.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Datsyuk has been saddled with Cleary for a few games now. Ever since Bertuzzi went down and Cleary got his goal thats been his spot.

Maybe a secret plan by Babcock to get Pav to shoot more. He knows Cleary can't handle Pav's passes so he'll just do it himself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad