Confirmed with Link: Franzen out vs Blues-Hip Flexor ; Eaves in

Huddy*

Aug 6, 2009
Bloomfield Hills, MI
According to Ansar Khan:

Johan Franzen out with Hip Flexor ; Eaves in

Detroit Red Wings forward Johan Franzen will miss tonight's game due to a sore hip flexor, general manager Ken Holland said.

Franzen is listed as day-to-day. Patrick Eaves, a healthy scratch the past four games, will replace Franzen in the lineup against the St. Louis Blues.

“It’s day-to-day and has progressively gotten worse,'' Holland said of Franzen's injury. “We’re going to give him a day off and see how he feels tomorrow.'
'

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/02/red_wings_johan_franzen_out_to.html#incart_river

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
:shakehead

This again speaks to the need to acquire another true top 6 player. Wings can't count on players like Tatar, Nyquist and Bert to be that when the playoffs roll around.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Would love to see Eaves start producing. I've been a supporter of his but it's time to produce

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
:shakehead

This again speaks to the need to acquire another true top 6 player. Wings can't count on players like Tatar, Nyquist and Bert to be that when the playoffs roll around.

I think Tatar has proven that he can play with the big boys and Samuelsson is close to returning, so this team should be good. Nyquist should be inserted into the fold once the playoffs come along, or maybe not, depending how deep the Griffins go into the playoffs.

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
Just when I was starting to warm up to Franzen and his solid play this season; I'm going to miss the big guy in our lineup tonight. I've been as critical as anyone else of Franzen, but this season I've watched do a very, very good job in front of the net, and I've watched him work hard and throw some solid body checks. That's all I needed to turn around on him.

Heal up fast Johan! :cry:

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I read that Cleary was up with Z and BRrunner. Please God don't let that be true.:help:

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
I don't understand why we never call up Nyquist.

Maybe they don't have a roster spot available right now, or didn't think they needed someone considering they have Eaves readily available to play at any point in time. Maybe they didn't realize Franzen wouldn't be ready, and didn't believe that they'd need to make a call up for a player who would end up scratched had Franzen been able to make it, much like what happened to Tatar when he was called up last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad