Confirmed with Link: Frank Corrado To Toronto [AHL] On 2 Week Conditioning Stint

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Valiev needs to keep on getting better I've been disappointed in him this season
He looked good in his NHL stint last year but hasn't kicked on

I'm having a tough time deciding if it's him or if holl is dragging him down. Holl has been a tire fire this year but I am biased so I can't tell.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Lol, what do you expect from a guy who goes months between games?

I expect there to be a reason for that, and so far it's been confirmed. This notion that he's beaming with top-4 talent and just needs playing time to shine through is utter nonsense. if only all the worst players on every team got more icetime huh? Might as well pick up Burmistrov and start him as our #1C.

We have this weird underdog-rooting culture here of getting super offended when players don't regularly crack the lineup.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Because Babcok won't play him = he sucks or there's some master plan for him that involves him spending half the year in the press-box
Guess the same goes for Leivo - he sucks too

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Not all players need to meet those requirements! just one dman exposed per team

sigh, I know that(I said at the end Las Vegas wouldn't choose him anyway). But what would be the logic to make sure we hold onto Corrado then?

The only reason to make sure we "have Corrado for expansion" would be to fill requirements, otherwise he's irrelevant to expansion because he fills no requirements and despite still be exposed he won't be claimed(like I said at the end of the post you quoted).

Corrado likely won't reach the game requirements to fill that defenseman requirements, and we have Marincin for it anyway. At that point there's no reason to need to have Corrado around for expansion, he doesn't fill requirements and he won't be bait because Las Vegas won't take him. He's basically as irrelevant as Lupul is to expansion at that point and nobody would ever claim that we're holding onto Lupul for expansion.

We're just holding onto him because we want him, every team needs extra defenseman, mostly because of injury. We just appear not to want to play ours unless we're forced to.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
sigh, I know that(I said at the end Las Vegas wouldn't choose him anyway). But what would be the logic to make sure we hold onto Corrado then?

The only reason to make sure we "have Corrado for expansion" would be to fill requirements, otherwise he's irrelevant to expansion because he fills no requirements and despite still be exposed he won't be claimed(like I said at the end of the post you quoted).

Corrado likely won't reach the game requirements to fill that defenseman requirements, and we have Marincin for it anyway. At that point there's no reason to need to have Corrado around for expansion, he doesn't fill requirements and he won't be bait because Las Vegas won't take him.

We're just holding onto him because we want him, every team needs extra defenseman, mostly because of injury. We just appear not to want to play ours unless we're forced to.

yeah we agree. I was directing more to people who had thought they had it figured out, corrado nor marincin will be picked by vegas. the only reason to force corrado into the right amount of games to qualify is if they want to protect marincin (i hope not)

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I expect there to be a reason for that, and so far it's been confirmed. This notion that he's beaming with top-4 talent and just needs playing time to shine through is utter nonsense. if only all the worst players on every team got more icetime huh? Might as well pick up Burmistrov and start him as our #1C.

We have this weird underdog-rooting culture here of getting super offended when players don't regularly crack the lineup.

ah **** it basically they are terrible as confirmed by the tweet (polak and hunwick)

that is why people are annoyed those 2 are pathetic at even strength, and a good PK is no reason to keep forcing these 2 out for shifts

damn it still dont know how to link tweets

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If Corrado has gotten 1 game in 36 and is now on a 2 week conditioning stint you can be pretty sure the team doesn't plan on him getting anywhere near 30 more games, so you can probably see that as a hint to what their plans are regarding expansion requirements for defenseman at least and it's Marincin.

I edited this to my last post but you quoted it too quickly, but he's not going to get the required games, and Vegas isn't going to take him, so despite being exposed anyway Corrado is basically as irrelevant as Lupul is to expansion at that point and nobody would ever claim that we're holding onto Lupul for expansion.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
ah **** it basically they are terrible as confirmed by the tweet (polak and hunwick)

that is why people are annoyed those 2 are pathetic at even strength, and a good PK is no reason to keep forcing these 2 out for shifts

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If Corrado has gotten 1 game in 36 and is now on a 2 week conditioning stint you can be pretty sure the team doesn't plan on him getting anywhere near 30 more games, so you can probably see that as a hint to what their plans are regarding expansion requirements for defenseman at least and it's Marincin.

I edited this to my last post but you quoted it too quickly, but he's not going to get the required games, and Vegas isn't going to take him, so despite being exposed anyway Corrado is basically as irrelevant as Lupul is to expansion at that point and nobody would ever claim that we're holding onto Lupul for expansion.

yep we agree man

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007

we have the best coach in the world, we won 5 in a row, and we're icing something absurd like 9 rookies. My trust is with Babcock on this one. I agree I don't like Hunwick or Polak either, but there must be a reason even if I don't know what that is. I just don't presume to know better than Babs.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'm having a tough time deciding if it's him or if holl is dragging him down. Holl has been a tire fire this year but I am biased so I can't tell.

I don't know Salt I think they have been as bad as each other this season
From what I've seen of Valiev he's starting to seriously worry me
I don't know if it's effort or straight up system but he looks lost out there
How do you fight for the puck with a guy behind the net and not only lose the battle but he ends up in front of the net scoring while your not even out from behind the net yet for no apparent reason?

That's not Holls fault

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
we have the best coach in the world, we won 5 in a row, and we're icing something absurd like 9 rookies. My trust is with Babcock on this one. I agree I don't like Hunwick or Polak either, but there must be a reason even if I don't know what that is. I just don't presume to know better than Babs.

babcock is a human he can and will, not play a player because he just doesnt like him. Maybe he sees corrado as just as bad as those 2 but still doesn't explain why those 2 continue to play horribly and Corrado see what was it 12mins? of ice time all season.

But at the end of the day you are right we are on a win streak so it doesnt really matter

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

HF how to thread

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1058273

Better pick your game up Walshy or we may have to send you the the ahl threads for conditioning!

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I think it's safe to say he didn't have an NHL summer.

Babcock could be using him as an example for the team if they start getting comfortable.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Babcock sees the guys at practice, in meetings, in the locker room, there must be something maybe it's just attitude and the way he responds to instruction. I can see Babcock not wanting to derail the intensity that the rookies play with by sitting one of them in favour of a player that is not doing everything being asked of them.

Not saying Corrado is a malcontent, all I mean is there is something but we may never know.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
a promotion!!!!!

im a echl level poster at best

yay!!!!! not the original one i was talking about though cant find that one

And yet a 23 year old isn't given a shot

If they have a problem with his attitude, his practice habits, whatever - let him go
How does sitting in the box help anyone?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Because Babcok won't play him = he sucks or there's some master plan for him that involves him spending half the year in the press-box
Guess the same goes for Leivo - he sucks too

The master plan was... Wtf why haven't we had more injuries yet? What's going on with this team damnit?!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
a promotion!!!!!

im a echl level poster at best

yay!!!!! not the original one i was talking about though cant find that one

Success!!!!
Gold star for you!!!
custom_message_gold_star_with_gold_glitter_texture_star_sticker-r8c6018b4e6f64bd4b7386ba858eb00be_v9w09_8byvr_324.jpg

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Feel for the guy. Thought he'd get a chance to be rotated in with Marincin out. Now when he gets back Marincin will be close and he'll go back to being #8 on the depth charts.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The strangest story in Leafland continues to get stranger.

I do hope this is somehow part of some master plan to avoid having to expose him at the expansion draft or something. Otherwise it's just perplexing

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00