Confirmed with Link: Frank Corrado To Toronto [AHL] On 2 Week Conditioning Stint

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Poor kid! This will learn him good! Hahaha
Seriously though you would think this bodes well for him. Maybe Marincin is worse than originally thought?

Nah Salt
If we're going to use him at some stage the kid needs to play
I think if Babcock trusted the guy or he'd at least had some game time recently he might have subbed in for Carrick here and there
I wondered why they haven't done this before now quite frankly

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Marlies play today. So most likely a couple of Marlies will be brought back up after this game.

Corrado should help the Marlies out a lot.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Carrick was playing like a man with something on his mind yesterday, my exact thoughts were he is playing like a guy who had a talking to by his coach and he is about to be benched. My next thought was it would not surprise me to see Frankie playing in Feb. Why Feb? Cause the expansion draft rules dictate if the player has played 70 games over the last 2 years or 40 this year he is draft eligible.

When Feb 11th rolls around we will have 29 games left, Frankie has played 40 games over the last 2 years. Expect to see Frankie a mainstay in our back-end after that date.

that's what I've been saying.
It's sort of like (gasp) Lou had a plan and everything.

(either this and there's some kind of trade).

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Just waive him lmao I don't get the fixation with Corrado - he's a bottom pairing guy max

Well unless we want the extra cap space (we don't care), there is really no point. It's not like he's taking away a spot from someone else. We aren't going to have any of those waiver-exempt rookies in the Leivo position, and a good chunk of the vets we have down there are either important to the Marlies or are worse options than just keeping Corrado up.

If the Leafs really wanted to, they could even have Corrado as the replacement for Polak on the bottom pairing next year. That probably won't happen, but it is a realistic possibility given the amount of effort put in to keep him.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Nah Salt
If we're going to use him at some stage the kid needs to play
I think if Babcock trusted the guy or he'd at least had some game time recently he might have subbed in for Carrick here and there
I wondered why they haven't done this before now quite frankly

That's why I'm mention marincin being worse than originally thought, so he will be out longer so they need to get frank upto speed.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Carrick was playing like a man with something on his mind yesterday, my exact thoughts were he is playing like a guy who had a talking to by his coach and he is about to be benched. My next thought was it would not surprise me to see Frankie playing in Feb. Why Feb? Cause the expansion draft rules dictate if the player has played 70 games over the last 2 years or 40 this year he is draft eligible.

When Feb 11th rolls around we will have 29 games left, Frankie has played 40 games over the last 2 years. Expect to see Frankie a mainstay in our back-end after that date.

I didn't think of this before but this actually would makes complete sense. They know they can't protect him with Rielly, Gardiner and Zaitsev so it's playing the system. Let's see when February 11th rolls around if this is actually the case.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
That's why I'm mention marincin being worse than originally thought, so he will be out longer so they need to get frank upto speed.

I thought Marincins injury was pretty long term anyway?
Maybe there's a Polak or Hunwick trade on the horizon?
They have both played well recently and we may get a half decent return out of one or both of them?
Get Corrado some game time so he's ready for that going forward?

He could play with Valiev (his probable partner) to get a bit of chemistry going

We may need to get a little cap off the books with our rookies playing the way they are to help with overages for next year's salary cap

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I thought Marincins injury was pretty long term anyway?
Maybe there's a Polak or Hunwick trade on the horizon?
They have both played well recently and we may get a half decent return out of one or both of them?
Get Corrado some game time so he's ready for that going forward?

He could play with Valiev (his probable partner) to get a bit of chemistry going

We may need to get a little cap off the books with our rookies playing the way they are to help with overages for next year's salary cap

A trade would be nice. I find it hard to see polak going as he is our 'toughest' defensman. Our pk would suffer if both hunny and polak go at the same time.

Were you thinking they would bring valiev up to play alongside corrado?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
that's what I've been saying.
It's sort of like (gasp) Lou had a plan and everything.

(either this and there's some kind of trade).

you need only one dman exposed that needs to meet the requirements we have one, the extra games thing is not the reason corrado would play. 2 forwards who meet 40/70 and one dman marincin meets it. It is not all exposed players if they wanted corrado they would just take him

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It seems like they're just keeping Corrado around for the expansion draft.

Doubt that's the reason. He would have to play another 30 games to be eligible to fill the defenseman exposure requirements for us, which is doubtful to happen. We likely will expose Marincin for those requirements anyway so having him for that reason isn't necessary.

And I highly doubt Las Vegas takes Corrado so really Corrado is irrelevant to expansion.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Doubt that's the reason. He would have to play another 30 games to be eligible to fill the defenseman exposure requirements for us, which is doubtful to happen. We likely will expose Marincin for those requirements anyway so having him for that reason isn't necessary.

And I highly doubt Las Vegas takes Corrado so really Corrado is irrelevant to expansion.

Not all players need to meet those requirements! just one dman exposed per team

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Both Hunwick and Polak are F/A's after this season and Corrado may have to fill in, if one or both are dealt at the deadline.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
A trade would be nice. I find it hard to see polak going as he is our 'toughest' defensman. Our pk would suffer if both hunny and polak go at the same time.

Were you thinking they would bring valiev up to play alongside corrado?

I'd trade them both Salt
We have two seconds this year but no third and maybe no fifth depending on the conditions of the Rychel trade
I'd like to see Hunwick and Polak go to try to get some picks back

If Marincin is not ready and we move both our bottom pair guys I'd presume that a Valiev Corrado pairing would make the most sense
I'd like to see Valiev and Corrado get a good look to to know if they are viable options for our bottom pair next year

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I'd trade them both Salt
We have two seconds this year but no third and maybe no fifth depending on the conditions of the Rychel trade
I'd like to see Hunwick and Polak go to try to get some picks back

If Marincin is not ready and we move both our bottom pair guys I'd presume that a Valiev Corrado pairing would make the most sense
I'd like to see Valiev and Corrado get a good look to to know if they are viable options for our bottom pair next year
Fair enough. Valiev is a favorite of mine so I would like to see him succeed. I think Dermott is going to overtake him soon on the depth chart though.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Fair enough. Valiev is a favorite of mine so I would like to see him succeed. I think Dermott is going to overtake him soon on the depth chart though.

Valiev needs to keep on getting better I've been disappointed in him this season
He looked good in his NHL stint last year but hasn't kicked on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad