Confirmed with Link: Frank Corrado, Peter Holland, Martin Marincin File for Arbitration

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Wouldn't be entirely surprised to see the Leafs walk away from Holland is the award is too high .. You have to think they were shopping him around for a trade but no team took interest.

They'll probably keep Corrado and have him battle it out with Carrick for the #7 d-spot on the roster in training camp .. Could be waiver fodder if he loses out.

Marincin will get a nice little raise too .

Paneerboy

Leave Zach alone
May 16, 2015
Good thing he only cost us the low low price of Blacker and a 2nd round pick that turned into Gibson. Thank god he played those extra 6 games that turned a 3rd rounder into a 2nd or that might have been a wasted season!

The Gibson pick was in the trade to move up and select Tyler Biggs. The 2nd the Ducks used was on Marcus Pettersen.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Wouldn't be entirely surprised to see the Leafs walk away from Holland is the award is too high .. You have to think they were shopping him around for a trade but no team took interest.

They'll probably keep Corrado and have him battle it out with Carrick for the #7 d-spot on the roster in training camp .. Could be waiver fodder if he loses out.

Marincin will get a nice little raise too .

They can't walk away unless the award is 3.5 million or more. It's not going to be anywhere near that much

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
The Gibson pick was in the trade to move up and select Tyler Biggs. The 2nd the Ducks used was on Marcus Pettersen.

Wait you're right, my bad. Keeping Holland up for those extra few games caused the Bernier pick to move down to 2015 where it eventually was traded to CBJ. We then traded down for that very same pick. Could have had Konecny + Dermott or traded up into the teens.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
What exactly does Corrado have to claim? Wasn't he scratched half the season after we picked him off waivers?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What exactly does Corrado have to claim? Wasn't he scratched half the season after we picked him off waivers?

ummm he's not going to arbitration because he believes he has some big case for him to get big money. Arbitration is just a players right to have someone else decide their salary and get it over with instead of getting in a stalemate with a team and not be signed when the season comes.

It's likely he comes away with less than a million but that's not the point. He's a player with arbitration rights so he'd prefer to have an arbitrator decide instead of sitting in some kind of 700k v. 900k deadlock with management. It's just a way to ensure he will eventually have a contract if him at the team can't come to terms beforehand.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Not too worried $1 -$1.5 for each, Corrado even less

Holland's day are numbered

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Not too worried $1 -$1.5 for each, Corrado even less

Holland's day are numbered

Just a note as per CBA a player that has filed for arbitration can't be traded during the process and those hearings are conducted late August. So none of these 3 players will be going anywhere during the summer.

The arbitration cases does open up another buyout window for the Leafs after all NHL arbitration cases are concluded and they might use that to clear up any Cowan, Lupul or other unresolved issues heading into training camp.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Just a note as per CBA a player that has filed for arbitration can't be traded during the process and those hearings are conducted late August. So none of these 3 players will be going anywhere during the summer.

The arbitration cases does open up another buyout window for the Leafs after all NHL arbitration cases are concluded and they might use that to clear up any Cowan, Lupul or other unresolved issues heading into training camp.

They can definitely be traded when they re-sign.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Keep the D. No use for Holland now. My only worry is injuries down the middle. I didn't find Holland very useful no matter where he was

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Keep the D. No use for Holland now. My only worry is injuries down the middle. I didn't find Holland very useful no matter where he was

He got seriously outplayed before and after the trade dead line. There was that moment after he was a healthy scratch in November/December that he played really well after he came back but that only lasted a couple games.

I always thought a team like Chicago or the Rangers could use him as cheap depth. He's capable of ~30 points, which isn't bad for a team that is very cap strapped.

Meh.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

Yes and they can still be trade once signed - either way I believe Holland is not going to be Leaf for long

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Just curious, we will be getting a second buyout window assuming these get to the hearing stage correct?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Yes and they can still be trade once signed - either way I believe Holland is not going to be Leaf for long

I'm actually a little surprised he is still here now, as he doesn't really appear to be a part of Babcock's game plan and more a spare part hanging around.

I thought he would have been traded last trade deadline and then this entry draft. However neither of those things happened.

They qualified him to retain his rights and now have to go to arbitration to let someone else (unless resigned) decide how much he is worth.

If the arbitrator awards Holland a raise from his past amount, then there might be less trade interest from around the league, if they didn't want him at the lower rate earlier.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
These players absolutely can be traded. We traded for Beck last year when he had an arbitration hearing pending. I'm not 100% sure if we can trade them once the hearing happens but before the ruling is public, but we can absolutely trade them right now.

Just curious, we will be getting a second buyout window assuming these get to the hearing stage correct?

Someone on the trade board said we get the extra window just because the players filed, don't even have to go to any hearings

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Yes, a 2nd buyout window is only available to teams after the arbitration process is completed for all teams, but only for those that had players awarded contracts by a 3rd party.

It designed to allow teams to be cap compliant before the season starts to adjust to awards through the court system they themselves were not willing to give that player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad