Confirmed with Link: Frank Corrado, Peter Holland, Martin Marincin File for Arbitration

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
None of them deserve to break the seven figure mark.

exactly. I expect maybe Marincin and Holland to get around a million. Corrado probably around 800k. Nothing to worry about, they'll get the kind of contracts expected of them anyway.

This is actually a good thing, opens up the other buyout window assuming at least 1 of them goes to the hearing. If Cowen's grievence gets upheld and he was deemed injured back in June then maybe he'll be healthy by August and we can buy him out then.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
marincin is gonna be paid

the other 2 i would walk away from

pretty sure you can't walk away from the ruling unless it's above a certain number which these guys clearly won't be getting anywhere near.

If they wanted to walk away from them they wouldn't have qualified them, which they did, so management clearly doesn't agree with you.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Can they ask for 2 year deals or are they too old?

They are free to negotiate a contract until their hearings. So yes, they can.

The good thing about all this is that this opens a second buyout period for the Leafs.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
pretty sure you can't walk away from the ruling unless it's above a certain number which these guys clearly won't be getting anywhere near.

If they wanted to walk away from them they wouldn't have qualified them, which they did, so management clearly doesn't agree with you.

Oh yeah, true.

It's like $2 mil or something (edit: 3.5 million)

Marincin is the only one that can breach that

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
It's 3.5 million per the CBA and Marincin won't come anywhere near that, he won't be above 2 million either.

You never know.

Marincin has crazy good corsi stats. Contract values have been made around corsi, this is no exception.

There's a chance his value can be vaulted into orbit

buttman*

How do you file for abitration when you aren't even a regular in the lineup?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
You never know.

Marincin has crazy good corsi stats. Contract values have been made around corsi, this is no exception.

There's a chance his value can be vaulted into orbit

I dont believe advanced stats are usable in an arbitration case. This may have changed since the league starting keeping track of them, though.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I thought that you could walk away from an arbitration ruling and let the player walk as a ufa?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I thought that you could walk away from an arbitration ruling and let the player walk as a ufa?

it has to be over a certain salary. 3.5 million dollars. Under that and you can't. You have to keep the player, or trade them.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
None of them will be making much. All though with that said, we will probably have to use that 2nd buyout period to make some room, unless we can make a trade or two prior to that.

I don't see a penny over 1.5M for either Marincin or Holland, and I don't see Corrado getting much more than 1M at best. All these are best case scenarios.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if one of the 3 make it to their hearings. All 3 will probably re-sign prior to that. They really don't have much going for them.

Last edited:

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Holland and Corrado are lucky to have jobs. I would make them cry in arbitration

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I'm still surprised Holland's around. Thought he would be trade fodder by now.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
I'm still surprised Holland's around. Thought he would be trade fodder by now.

Good thing he only cost us the low low price of Blacker and a 2nd round pick that turned into Gibson. Thank god he played those extra 6 games that turned a 3rd rounder into a 2nd or that might have been a wasted season!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $365.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $209.00