NHL 19 Franchise Mode Thread

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
It's really, really sad to see this part of the forum die :(
I remember back in the day the stories and detail people put into their write-ups, myself included, and EA just sucking the life out of the die-hard fans that want an NHL video game....
Some of my favorite pastimes when I was much newer to the forum was reading the write ups/posting my own...was so fun....now it's just....why bother? :(
I don't think it is dead per se but, the slowing of activity has to do with the fact that EA continues to put out half finished products. People aren't as interested anymore.

Here is an example of what I mean by half finished. I was playing Fanchise last night and started a new 32 team run. As an expansion team and having gone through the expansion draft process, apparently I was under the salary cap when the season was getting ready to start. To remedy this, I went to free agents, found a 78 ov player and tried to sign them to a 1 year, 4.5 million contract. Keep in mind their ask was for 2 years at 700k per year. The player turned down my contract offer because they wanted a 2 year deal. The kicker? After not being signed at all during the season, THEY RETIRED.

That is the lazy shit that drives people away from the game.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I don't think it is dead per se but, the slowing of activity has to do with the fact that EA continues to put out half finished products. People aren't as interested anymore.

Here is an example of what I mean by half finished. I was playing Fanchise last night and started a new 32 team run. As an expansion team and having gone through the expansion draft process, apparently I was under the salary cap when the season was getting ready to start. To remedy this, I went to free agents, found a 78 ov player and tried to sign them to a 1 year, 4.5 million contract. Keep in mind their ask was for 2 years at 700k per year. The player turned down my contract offer because they wanted a 2 year deal. The kicker? After not being signed at all during the season, THEY RETIRED.

That is the lazy **** that drives people away from the game.

yeah that's exactly what I meant when I said EA sucking the life out of the NHL games....been ruining them since....the entirety of current gen consoles.
The entire game is just ....so tedious ... Be a Pro is completely unplayable; 0 depth to it whatsoever.
also, the lack of updating to a newer engine....like COME ONE....NEXT GEN IS AROUND THE CORNER!
franchise mode...while they took a nice step in the scouts, it was implemented in an awkward way.
-Fog of war needs to be tuned, cuz everyone knows who McDavid, Ovie and Crosby are. ie: I shouldn't have to scout them to find out how good they are etc.
-they(AI) still have the same static responses to trades offers they've had since....oof i wanna say a decade ago...
-no dynamic prospect growth/decay. like not EVERY single 'Med Elite' potential player should auto reach it. and also, there should be some lower potential players that bloom out of nowhere. also, a LOT less Franchise potential players. there shouldn't be 1 every 2nd or 3rd draft. like to me, franchise means like a McDavid/Crosby/Ovie/Gretzky etc generational talents.
-Morale system is completely whack, needs to be improved
-and No, I do not wish to adjust the price of Popcorn, or have to repair my bathrooms every 2nd week. Let us turn on the ability to be fired WITHOUT the need for 'owner' mode.

HUT is just a complete money-grab. will never touch that game mode ever, and never have
and i've heard nothing but negativity about Chel.

EA hasn't made a DECENT NHL game since 14 or the Legacy for the PS3/XBox360, like 5 yrs or so. all of the current gen games have been close to unplayable

and the thing that I HATE ABOUT THIS: I WANT TO LIKE THESE GAMES. I WANT to pour hours into a great GM/Franchise mode/Be A Pro(with depth).
but the game as is? unplayable for more than an hour....

I am cautiously optimistic for 20 since some of the stuff sounds good, but, ofc, EA, so it remains to be seen if it'll be good.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Same issues every year. Trading system is broken. I'm a GM setting the prices of pretzels and worried about fixing the John every four months. They need to hire the developers of EHM to do the GM mode properly.

But they never will.

Reactions: gibber1600

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Same issues every year. Trading system is broken. I'm a GM setting the prices of pretzels and worried about fixing the John every four months. They need to hire the developers of EHM to do the GM mode properly.

But they never will.
You can't even f***ing turn off that stuff and keep GM firing on. It is so stupid.

Another thing is how insane the contracts in the game are. You can tell whether a player will pan out by their contract demands. If you go 8 years after their first contract and its a high number, they will be good. If it is a low number, they aren't going to progress. Therefore there is no risk/reward in signing a player to a long term deal and it allows you to trade players who won't progress much further before their value drops.

The new scouting system needs to go, fast. It sounded cool but keeping track of 20 scouts, on top of stupid arena bullshit and trying to manage the team, it is too much.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
You can't even ****ing turn off that stuff and keep GM firing on. It is so stupid.

Another thing is how insane the contracts in the game are. You can tell whether a player will pan out by their contract demands. If you go 8 years after their first contract and its a high number, they will be good. If it is a low number, they aren't going to progress. Therefore there is no risk/reward in signing a player to a long term deal and it allows you to trade players who won't progress much further before their value drops.

The new scouting system needs to go, fast. It sounded cool but keeping track of 20 scouts, on top of stupid arena bull**** and trying to manage the team, it is too much.

While this holds true for the contracts in most cases, I have had the rare contract gem/mishap.

I've signed Q. Hughes to an 8 year deal worth about 5.9M per, and he became 89 overall shortly after, making his contract one of the best in the league.
On the flipside, I have signed other prospects to mid/long term deals hoping for steals, and they've become untradeable cap dumps.

Again, it is rare though. The contract negotiating does need to be overhauled.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You can't even ****ing turn off that stuff and keep GM firing on. It is so stupid.

The new scouting system needs to go, fast. It sounded cool but keeping track of 20 scouts, on top of stupid arena bull**** and trying to manage the team, it is too much.
The funny thing about progression is that it honestly doesn't even matter. I can get a 78 ovr on a league min contract to be a 30-30-60 player who is consistently a positive plus/minus player, or have my 81 goalie take the reins from my franchise goalie because his low poise means he gives up goals relentlessly. The computer doesn't even take that production into account--both in terms of contract negotiations or in terms of ovr--the player stays a low ovr, low pay player.

The salary system is f***ed up, too. How often do you get the message 'it doesn't make sense for us to take the contract of xxxx'. Doesn't matter who the player is either or even what you add in terms of value. I don't even understand why they put retention in the game. The computer GMs don't understand the concept.

I could go on. The game is just so poorly executed.

Last edited:

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Classic EA, make the players do all the work since they can’t get the licensing for these guys for whatever reason. So garbage
KHL and the NHL probably aren't so friendly. As far as the USNTDP goes, could be NCAA reasons maybe? Since that's the next step for a lot of those USHL guys.

Apr 4, 2015
Minneapolis
KHL and the NHL probably aren't so friendly. As far as the USNTDP goes, could be NCAA reasons maybe? Since that's the next step for a lot of those USHL guys.
Yeah that makes sense, still sucks. Either way I’ll be starting up a wild franchise eventually after I create all of these guys. May take multiple days considering all the US players taken in the draft

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Another post into the void of this thread in terms of participating!

2020 Offseason

The NYI wins the draft lottery, selecting 1st overall, sliding BCM to 2nd overall.

1st: NYI - U. Janssen (82, Franchise)
2nd: BCM - A. Lafrenière (77, Elite)
3rd: CAR - L. Malsmstrom (79, Elite)
4th: CGY - V. Safronov (76, Elite)
5th WPG - J. Lawrence (71, Top 6 F)

ARI acquire: BCM 2nd (33rd overall), C. Wilson (80)
BCM acquire: ANA 2nd (39th overall), ARI 2nd (60th overall)

CGY acquire: BCM 4th (103rd overall)
BCM acquire: CGY 6th (163rd overall), CGY 4th (2021)

39th overall: C. Bois (62, Top 4 D) *gem
60th overall: M. Korobov (64, Top 4 D)
65th overall: D. Gerbe (64, top 9 F)
97th overall: T. Hurme (59, Bottom 6 F)
122nd overall: I. Plekhanov (48, Starter)
129th overall: M. Louhivaara (48, Elite)
135th overall: M. Drake (51, Starter)
161st overall: L. Graham (52, Elite) *gem
163rd overall: S. Oliver (49, Elite) *gem
167th overall: M. Viitaluoma (48, Bottom 6 F)
207th overall: M. Markstrom (48, Top 4 D)

A pretty decent draft for me barring those 3rd and 4th round picks. Knowing I was getting that defenseman in the 7th thanks to my scouts felt amazing.

Not salty at all about NYI swiping that franchise player though. Atleast they were the only franchise player in the draft. The 6th round was loaded with low elite talent it seemed with about 10 or so.

RELEASED:
S. Wedgewood (G) - 75 ovr
C. Driedger (G) - 73 ovr
A. Forsberg (G) - 79 ovr*
M. Gaborik (LW) - 82 ovr*
M. Puempel (LW) - 78 ovr*
* Wanted to go to free agency

RE-SIGNED:
A. Lindholm (D) - 76 ovr - 900k/2 years
L. Hajek (D) - 77 ovr - 915k/1 year (QO)
B. Gaunce (LW) - 78 ovr - 1.3m/1 year

NOTABLE FREE AGENTS:
A. Vasilevskiy (G) - 91 ovr (RFA)
A. Raanta (G) - 89 ovr
D. Hamilton (D) - 85 ovr
K. Palmieri (RW) - 84 ovr
F. Stepan (C) - 84 ovr
M. Zuccarello - 84 ovr

BCM SIGNINGS:
A. Erne (LW) - 77, Top 6 F (25yrs) - 1.5m/2 years
C. Ceci (D) - 81 ovr - 3.4m/2 years
A. Louis (C) - 78 ovr - 800k/1 year
J. Tuulola (D) - 78 ovr - 850k/2 years
L. Brossoit (G) - 80 - 1.3m/2 years
K. Kinkaid (G) - 83 ovr - 2m/3 years
N. Soshnikov (RW) - 77 ovr - 700k/1 year
J. L'Esperance (RW) - 76 ovr - 700k/2 years

MAX CHEESE
D. Phaneuf (D) - 78 ovr - 17m/1 year retirement package
J. Halbgewachs (C) - 77 ovr - 17m/1 year

NOTABLE SIGNINGS:
NYR - M. Zuccarello - 3.910m/6 years
LAK - D. Stepan - 5.3m/5 years
OTT - K. Palmieri - 4.925m/5 years
ANA - A. Larsson - 5.590m/1 year
NYI - D. Hamilton - 5.770m/6 years
NYI - A. Raanta - 6.450m/3 years
WPG - I. Kovalchuk - 3.985m/1 year (84 ovr, 37 years old)

CGY offer sheets A. Vasilevskiy 9.460m/1 year
TBL receives CGY 1st, 2nd, 3rd as compensation.

I actually signed a few decent players. Here are my seeds to competing in a year or two.
Extremely surprised that Calgary offer sheeted Vasilevskiy. I tried helping TBL alleviate some cap, but it just wasn't enough, and they werent budging on other players.
This jumped Calgary up immediately to champion status.

BCM acquire: P. Engvall (rfa) 77 top 6 f, TOR 5th (2021)
TOR acquire: J. Bellamy (62, Top 6 D)
P. Engvall signs a 900k/3 year deal with BCM.

BCM acquire: K. Alzner (78), MTL 3rd (2021)
MTL acquire: D. Gerbe (64, Top 9 F)
Alzner Carrie's a 4.625M cap hit for 1 more season.

VGK acquire: B. Dillon (82), SJS 3rd (2021)
SJS acquire: VGK 1st (2021)

DET acquire: Z. Parise (83), M. Foligno (79), MIN 3rd (2021)
MIN acquire: DET 1st (2021), VGK 3rd (2021)

BCM acquire: S. Steen (68 Top 6 F), VAN 4th (2021)
VAN acquire: N. Cousins (81) B. Stoner (60, 7th D), BCM 3rd (2021)
Cousins was a highly sought after player by other teams, with a sweetheart rental contract of only 950k. BCM didn't want to let go of him lightly, as he's still only 26, but Vancouver offered a very nice prospect.

OTT acquire: S. Niku (77 Top 4 D), WPG 4th (2021)
WPG acquire: O. Lindberg (78), OTT 2nd (2021)
Kind of wish I made this kind of trade, but I've no spare 2nds unfortunately.

BCM acquire: A. Killorn (80)
TBL acquire: J. Dotchin (79)

BCM acquire: A. Ladd (79), NSH 3rd (2021)
NYI acquire: A. Killorn (80), L. Fernandez (53 Backup)

I naturally dominate the trade field. I felt as a new GM to the league, the proper move for an RFA was to trade for his rights instead of trying to sign him for free.
Vancouver offered me a pretty good seal for cousins, even though that extremely early 3rd hurts to lost, Steen went 9th overall in the make believe 2018 draft. I have faith in his developing.

A. Ladd (79)A. Louis (78)N. Soshnikov (77)
P. Engvall (79)J. Halbgewachs (77)B. Gaunce (78)
A. Erne (77)D. Kampf (77)P. Di Giuseppe (77)
K. Rychel (76)R. Kesler (74)J. L'esperance (76)
E. Engel (81)C. Ceci(82)
L. Hajek (79)K. Alzner (78)
D. Phaneuf (77)T. Carrick (76)
K. Kinkaid (83)
L. Brossoit (80)

Team rating:
OFF: 83
DEF: 87
GOA: 87

Makes sense. One of my weakest forward groups since coming into the league. However, my defence and goaltending are relatively solid this year.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
2020/2021 Regular Season

BCM sign:
D. Turgeon - Center - 24 years old(76, Top 9 F) 900k/3 years
C. Wolanin - Defense - 25 years old (77, Top 6 D) 900k/2 years

BCM acquire: VGK 1st (2022)
VGK acquire: I. Plekhanov (51, Starter),MTL 3rd (2021), M. Hurme (60, Bottom 6 F)

DET acquire: B. Gallagher (84)
MTL acquire: DET 1st (2022)

VAN acquire: L. Eller (81)
MTL acquire: VAN 2nd (2021) & VAN 3rd (2022)

BUF acquire: D. Krejci (82) & S. Wilson (81)
BOS acquire: L. Laing Top 6 F, BUF 2nd (2021), BUF 5th (2021)

STL acquire: C. Coyle (83), J. Moore (81), D. Savard (81)
BOS acquire: O. Sbruev (62, Top 6 D), STL 1st (2021), STL 1st (2022)

CGY acquire: K. Alzner (78) @ 50% retained
BCM acquire: DAL 5th (2021) & CGY 5th (2022)
Many teams actually offered a variety of picks for Alzner, so I dumbed the deal down for 2 mid picks with retention.

OTT acquire: M. Johansson (83) & A. Duclair (80, Top 6 F)
FLA acquire: CBJ 2nd (2021) & BUF 2nd (2022)

TOR acquire: J. Petry (84), M. Frolik (80), C. Sceviour (78)
MTL acquire: J. Paul (68, Top 6 F) & TOR 1st (2021)

BCM acquire: P. Laberge (75 Top 9 F) & PHI 5th (2022)
PHI acquire: B. Gaunce (78)

CHI acquire: L. Brossoit (80)
BCM acquire: C. Delia (72) & WPG 3rd (2022)
CPU suggested trade surprisingly enough.

BCM record by the trade deadline is 23-32-10. Surprisingly only 3rd last, with ARI and SJS behind them for second last and last respectively.

BCM re-sign:
L. Hajek 2.3M/3 years
(Other minor rfa deals, for near league minimum deals)

The regular season ends with BCM finishing dead last for the second season in a row with 68 points. SJS comes close with 69 (nice) points. And 3rd last is CHI with 70.
WPG leads the league with 110 points to win the president's trophy.

BCM leading goal scorer was D. Kampf with 53 points.
He also had the most goals on the team with 18 (tied with Soshnikov and Halbgewachs).

N. Kucherov had the most points in the league with a measly 93.
B. Sharov led the league with 55 goals. He was the 1st overall pick in the make believe 2018 draft.

COL vs STL (STL wins 4-0)
WPG vs DAL (WPG wins 4-2)
VAN vs EDM (VAN wins 4-2)
ANA vs NSH (NSH wins 4-3)

NYR vs CBJ (CBJ wins 4-3)
PHI vs NJD (NJD wins 4-0)
MTL vs BUF (BUF wins 4-2)
TOR vs TBL (TBL wins 4-3)
------
WPG vs STL (STL wins 4-3)
VAN vs NSH (VAN wins 4-2)

CBJ vs NJD (CBJ wins 4-3)
BUF vs TBL (TBL wins 4-0)
------
STL vs VAN (STL wins 4-2)

CBJ vs TBL (CBJ wins 4-2)
------
STL vs CBJ (STL wins 4-3)

St Louis captures the Stanley Cup as Ryan O'Reilly takes home the Conn Smythe.
I am living in the true timeline now.

Montreal made the playoffs despite picking up futures in two trades at the TDL. Nicely done Montreal.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I got sick of my created team so in my final contract year I traded all the talent I drafted/traded for to Anaheim for all their bums then signed a 3 year contract in Anaheim. won 3 cups traded Matthews - my franchise LWer + Goalie + Marner to Winnipeg and now signed a 4 year deal in Winnipeg, just finished my 1st season thee and won the cup. lol

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
Why do trades get blocked for going over next years salary cap???? It’s absolutely ridiculous!! EA get your shit together.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia

That is the lazy **** that drives people away from the game.
i for one will be back to doing my hardcore posts when NHL 20 comes out. i dont know how enjoyable they were to read, but i will try to post the best ones i can

Reactions: Dominic Leuzze

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
i for one will be back to doing my hardcore posts when NHL 20 comes out. i dont know how enjoyable they were to read, but i will try to post the best ones i can

As someone who gets no interaction with my posts, I for one will enjoy your posts once again. Reading your older stuff inspired me to make and post my own franchise stuff again.

Reactions: kinger8998

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I definitely read your guys' posts! Enjoy them quite a bit tbh. just sometimes don't respond to disrupt the 'flow' if you know what I mean haha. keep up the great reads!

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Have created most of the drafted NCAA players and have placed them on their respective teams. Going to wait a bit for the free agency madness to simmer down to add free agents to their new teams. My rosters are current with the most recent trades, salaries etc. This should be a pretty interesting sim, stats and progression wise. Something to carry me through until Nhl 20.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I'd love for more people to be posting their franchise playthroughs. Love any kind of interaction here like we used to have.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Ask and you shall receive.

2021 Offseason

The Chicago Blackhawks have won the draft lottery, moving up from #3 to #1. For the second straight year, BCM moves back a spot.
Also of note, San Jose has picks #3 and #7, after VGK failed to make the playoffs.
TBL also possesses pick #12 from the Calgary Flames offer sheet to Vasilevskiy.

R. Luongo has decided to retire. Truest timeline is the 2021 season it seems.

#1 CHI: P. Hyka (83, Elite)
#2 BCM: V. Kuznetsov (82, Elite)
#3 SJS: T. Henriksen (81, Elite)
#4 ARI: B. Teubert (80, Elite)
#5 MIN: T. Wong (77, Elite)

COL acquire: D. Kampf (82) & A. Ladd (79) w 50% retention
BCM acquire: 24th overall pick (COL)

PIT acquire: A. Erne (79), NSH 3rd (83rd), DAL 5th (146th), TOR 5th (153rd)
BCM acquire: PIT 2nd (46th)

24th: C. Hughes (64, Top 4 D)
33rd: V. Krejci (70, Elite
46th: E. Battaglia (61, Elite) *gem
97th: M. Almquist (56, Bottom 6 F)
99th: J. Ericsson (58, 7th D)
108: A. Datsyuk (54, 7th D)
126: J. Mallet (48, Elite)
129:E. Luttinen (51, Top 6 F)
161: S. Nikolishin (48, Top 6 F)
193: H. Zibanejad (49, 7th D)

5th round was loaded early with decent prospects. I got the only noteworthy prospect in the 6th round. The 7th round was notably barren of talent.
Selecting Mallet saved my 4th round from being terrible.

RELEASED:
Z. Fucale (G) - 74 ovr
C. Delia (G) - 72
S. Kosmachuk (RW) - 72
R. Johnston (LW) - 75
N. Soshnikov (RW) - 78
A. Louis (C) - 79

RE-SIGNED:
T. Carrick - 76 - 850k/2 years
T. Winkler - 69(nice) - 750k/2 years
J. Halbgewachs 80 - 1.8M/2 years
E. Engel 82 - 2.8M/6 years
V. Kuznetsov (82) - 925k/3 years (ELC)

Notable Free Agents:
J. Howard (G) - 89
H. Lundqvist (G) - 89
R. Lehner (G) - 85
-
M. Rielly (D) - 92
H. Lindholm (D) - 89
A. Radulov (RW) - 88
F. Forsberg (LW) - 88
J. Trouba (D) - 85
M. Ekholm (D) - 85
N. Kadri (C) - 85

BCM SIGNS:
D. Kubalik (LW) - 76, Top 6 F (25 yrs old) - 1.1M/3 years
L. Pilut (D) - 79, Top 4 D (25 yrs old) - 1.3M/2 years
M. Eyssimont (C) - 77, Top 9 F (24 yrs old) - 1.1M/3 years
J. Beaudin (C) - 75, Top 9 F (24 yrs old) - 750k/3 years
C. Pickard (G) - 80 - 1.2M/2 years
I. Kovalchuk (RW) - 82 - 2.5M/1 year

CHEESE
A. Barré-Boulet (C) - 76, Top 9 F (24 yrs old)- 17.5M/1 year
D. Brown (RW) - 79 - 17.5M/1 year retirement gift
D. Vladar (G) - 75, Backup (24 yrs old) - 15M/1 year

NOTABLE SIGNINGS:
OTT signs: H. Lundqvist - 4.680M/1 year
WSH signs: J. Trouba - 5.825M/5 years
NSH signs: A. Radulov - 7.9M/1 year

LAK signs: J. Howard - 4.550M/1 year
LAK signs: N. Kadri - 5.715M/4 years
BOS signs: H. Lindholm - 7.295M/6 years

FLA signs: R. Lehner - 3.820M/3 years
LAK signs: F. Forsberg - 7.925M/5 years
WPG signs: M. Ekholm - 5.150M/4 years
SJS signs: M. Reilly - 11.530M/5 years

Washington signs C. Miller (83) - 4.725M/5 years.
Washington immediately trades Miller to NJD for their 2022 1st.
Strange...

PIT acquire: J. Demers (82), FLA 3rd (2022), FLA 5th (2022)
FLA acquire: PIT 1st (2022)

COL acquire: J. Rutta (80) & FLA 7th (2022)
FLA acquire: COL 2nd (2022)

DAL acquire: T. Parsons (77, Starter)
CGY acquire: J. Robertson (77, Top 6 F) & DAL 3rd (2022)

VGK acquire: T. Tatar (83) & MTL 3rd (2022)
MTL acquire: VGK 2nd (2022) & J. Leschyshyn (77, Top 6 F)

LA signing some big fish. Nashville dropped Forsberg for Radulov to get older, and save 25k on the cap. Okay.

Dallas has been trying to trade Robertson since I started this playthrough.
Montreal continues to sell pieces off, and are also now in need of reaching the floor. Vegas picks up nice depth which sucks because I have their 1st.

A. Lafrenière (85)J. Halbgewachs (80)V. Kuznetsov (82)
P. Engvall (80)M. Eyssimont (77)I. Kovalchuk (81)
K. Rychel (77)A. Barré-boulet (76)P. Di Giuseppe (77)
D. Brown (77)D. Turgeon (76)J. L'esperance (77)
E. Engel (82)C. Ceci(82)
B. Byram (81)L. Hajek (81)
DL. Pilut (79)A. Kenins (79)
K. Kinkaid (82)
C. Pickard (80)

Team Rating:
OFF:87
DEF:89
GOA:87

Team is starting to look a little more respectable as some young guys make their way onto the roster.

Reactions: nucker11

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
One of my strongest looks to start a season yet.

2021/2022 Season

The Montreal Canadiens weren't able to reach the cap floor before the season started. As a penalty, the contracts on their team have been raised. An example being a player like C. Price who had a 10.5M cap, now sits at an 11.215M cap hit.

Fun fact #1, T. Rask is 34 years old, and has a 4.940M cap hit with.......7 years left. Even the AI takes advantage of those vet contracts.

Fun fact #2, Washington has 10 goalies in their system (6 signed, 4 unsigned). Washington AI also knows to spam draft goalies it seems.

Fun fact #3, there are currently 4 franchise players in the game. McDavid and Doughty starting as Franchise players. Janssen being drafted 1st in the 2020 draft. And surprisingly enough, E. Pettersson seems to have progressed to become a franchise player.

WPG acquire: A. Petrovic (80), 2023 2nd (EDM), 2023 3rd (EDM)
EDM acquire: L. Thomson (74, Top 4 D) & G. Smith (79)

VGK acquire: L. Foudy (74, Top 6 F) & 2022 3rd (CBJ)
CBJ acquire: C. Wideman (78), 2023 2nd (VGK), 2022 3rd (VGK)

TOR acquire: C. Ceci (82), I. Kovalchuk (80), J. L'esperance (77)
BCM acquire: A. Stranges (75, Top 6 F), 2023 3rd (TOR), 2023 7th (TOR)

BOS acquire: B. Schenn (86)
NYR acquire: N. Gunler (77 Top 6 F) & 2022 1st (BOS)

VAN acquire: J. Bailey (84)
NYI acquire: L. Killinen (67, Top 9 F), 2022 2nd (VAN), 2023 2nd (VAN)

WPG acquire C. Jarnkrok (78), 2023 2nd (NSH), 2023 3rd (NSH)
NSH acquire: L. Stanley (76, Top 4 D) & S. Walker (78)

CBJ acquire: J. Eberle (84), A. Pelech (79), 2023 6th (NYI)
NYI acquire: 2023 1st (CBJ) & 2023 2nd (CBJ)

NSH acquire: T. Krug (88), B. Gallagher (85), T. Pitlick (80)
DET acquire: N. Weinhandl (73, Top 6 F), 2022 1st (NSH), 2023 1st (NSH)

NJD acquire: E. Malkin (83) & J. Demers (82)
PIT acquire: M. Woolley (73, Top 4 D) & W. Roberts (71, Top 4 D)
Oof that Malkin decline.

SJS acquire: K. Shattenkirk (85), R. Strome (80), 2022 6th (NYR)
NYR acquire: C. McClennon (73, Top 6 F) & 2022 1st (SJS)

BOS acquire: J. Zucker (85)
MIN acquire: I. Pushkarev (74, Top 6 F) & 2022 2nd (BOS)

NJD acquire: N. Kadri (85) & 2023 6th (LAK)
LAK acquire: T. Dellandrea (76, Top 6 F) & 2023 1st (NJD)

VGK acquire: J. Morrissey (84, Top 4 D)
WPG acquire: M. Pacioretty (84), D. DeMelo (79), 2022 3rd (MTL)

Hot damn what a spicy trade deadline. Tons of quality trades.
I traded Ceci because he wasn't willing to sign an extension, otherwise I would have considered keeping him.

BCM sits 7th last in the league by the trade deadline with 61 points. Interesting, VGK sits 3rd last with 57 points. FLA sits dead last with a shocking 44 points.
BCM also is 7 points away from a WC spot, though that seems unlikely for this year.

D. Vladar - 1M/1 year
J. Tuulola - 1M/1 year
K. Rychel - 900k/1 year
A. Barré-boulet - 900k/3 years

The regular season ends with BCMs best performance yet, only 8th last in the league, with 81 points! The VGK finish one point behind BCM, finishing 6th last. FLA ends the season with a spectacular 62 points, dead last by a decent margin.
COL with 112 points win the Presidents trophy.

BCMs leading goal scorer was A. Lafrenière with 33 goals. His linemates both surpassed 20 goals as well.
BCMs leading point getter was also A. Lafrenière with 71 points. The next closest was Halbgewachs with 60.

36 year old Ovechkin leads the league with 57 goals. The next closest was Tarasenko with 55.
Ovechkin also led the league with 97 points. The next closest was MacKinnon and Rantanen with 90 points each.

Franchise players Pettersson with 88 points, and McDavid with an extremely disappointing 71 points. What is going on with McDavid?

DAL vs STL (DAL wins 4-2)
COL vs ANA (COL wins 4-3)
EDM vs CGY (EDM wins 4-2)
SJS vs NSH (NSH wins 4-3)

PHI vs NYI (PHI wins 4-1)
WSH vs OTT (OTT wins 4-0)
TBL vs BUF (BUF wins 4-1)
TOR vs CBJ (TOR wins 4-3)
------
COL vs DAL (COL wins 4-3)
EDM vs NSH (NSH wins 4-1)

PHI vs OTT (PHI wins 4-2)
TOR vs BUF (BUF wins 4-1)
------
COL vs NSH (NSH wins 4-2)

PHI vs BUF (BUF wins 4-0)
------
NSH vs BUF (BUF wins 4-0)

Buffalo wins the cup, with relative ease. Losing only 2 games total through their entire run. Luukkonen backstopped them, winning the Conn Smythe.

A. Lafrenière wins the first true trophy for BCM by winning the Calder trophy.

Last edited:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Also in regards to my franchise, if anybody has any questions or suggestions, I'd be happy to answer anything I can and listen to any feedback/recommendations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad