NHL 19 Franchise Mode Thread

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
2024/2025 Season

Let's check my gem prospects again shall we?

2019 (drafted - 24/25):
(#34) L. Likhachev: 59 - 79
(#83) A. Kenins: 50 - 86
(#109) R. Darby: 49 - 81
2020:
(#39) C. Bois: 62 - 77
(#161) L. Graham: 52 - 77
(#163) S. Oliver: 49 - 71
2021:
(#46) E. Battaglia: 61 - 78
2022:
(#40) C. Friesen: 64 - 75
(#45) T. Andronov: 63 - 68
(#65) T. Pesonen: 62 - 69
(#104) L. Lysak: 46 - 66
(#177) M. Görtz: 56 - 67
(#200) G. Kilger: 51 - 65
2023:
(#68) D. Reasoner: 63 - 67

MIN acquire: P. Paris (65, Starter)
BCM acquire: 2025 2nd (DET) & 2026 2nd (MIN)

CPU offered trade

MTL acquire: M. Frank (62, Starter) & 2025 3rd (BCM)
BCM acquire: 2026 1st (MTL)
CPU offered trade

TOR acquire: W. Butcher (85) & 2026 3rd (WSH)
WSH acquire: A. McKinlay (75,Top 6 F) & 2025 1st (TOR)

BUF acquire: C. De Haan (81) & 2026 2nd (EDM)
EDM acquire: M. Modano (77, Top 6 F), 2025 4th (BUF), 2025 7th (BUF)

VAN acquire: M. Markstrom (73, Top 4 D), H. Foote (49, Top 6 F), 2025 3rd (PHI)
BCM acquire: 2026 1st (VAN)

WPG acquire: B. Carlo (81)
BOS acquire: J. Roslovic (81) & B. Little (78)

BUF acquire: J. Larsson (82)
ANA acquire: 2026 1st (BUF)

CGY acquire: K. Forster (79, Elite) & S. Oliver (72, Elite)
BCM acquire: 2026 1st (CGY)

EDM acquire: M. Bednarz (64, Starter) & Y. Radulov (79, Elite)
BCM acquire: R. Lehner (80) & 2026 1st (EDM)

CGY acquire: R. Lehner (80)
BCM acquire: A. Nilsson (76) & 2026 3rd (CGY)

VAN acquire: T. Thompson (84) & 2025 5th (BCM)
BCM acquire: W. Schneider (84, Elite)

Fun fact, W. Butcher played 0 games for Washington before they traded him despite him being their 3rd best defenseman. Toronto upon acquiring him also kept him in the AHL depsite being Their 2nd best defenseman...
That Larsson trade for Buffalo seems like awful value?
My trades are mainly for clearing contracts via prospects who I don't see progressing much anymore.

By the TDL, BCM sits at 74 points, 5th in the west, and 3rd in the Pacific.
DAL sits at the top of the league with 83 points, while NJD sits last with 49 points.

-

The season ends with BCM at the top of the Pacific division with 107 points. DAL led the league with 108 points, meaning BCM was 2nd in the league overall.

NJD, ANA, and PIT are the worst teams in the league with 65, 69, and 73 points respectively. BOS and EDM round out the top 5 dead last in the league.

A. Lafrenière leads BCM in points with a mediocre 78 points. A. Ovechkin was 2nd with 76.
A. Ovechkin led the team in goals with 42, while A. Lafrenière was 2nd with 41.

M. Zibanejad of the NYR led the league in points with 97. CGY's V. Safronov was 2nd with 95 points.
B. Boeser of VAN led the league in goals with 48. V. Tarasenko of STL was 2nd with 47.

STL vs CHI (CHI wins 4-1)
DAL vs LAK (DAL wins 4-1)
CGY vs SJS (CGY wins 4-3)
BCM vs ARI (BCM wins 4-1)

CAR vs CBJ (CAR wins 4-3)
PHI vs DET (PHI wins 4-2)
BUF vs OTT (BUF wins 4-2)
TBL vs NYI (TBL wins 4-1)
--------
DAL vs CHI (CHI wins 4-3)
BCM vs CGY (BCM wins 4-1)

PHI vs CAR (PHI wins 4-2)
TBL vs BUF (BUF wins 4-1)
--------
BCM vs CHI (CHI wins 4-3)

BUF vs PHI (PHI wins 4-3)
--------
CHI vs PHI (PHI wins 4-1)

Philadelphia wins the cup, backstopped, as expected, by Hart who won the Conn Smythe.
No BCM players won an award this year.
Boston's S. Gervaischouinard won the Calder this season, netting 28 goals and 35 assists in the season. Gervaischouinard was the 3rd overall pick of the 2023 draft.

megoalie2005

Jul 8, 2019

I created a guide on the most efficient way to scout in NHL 19. Take a look and hopefully this helps you be that next level GM!

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I usually just turn FoW off as im not a huge fan of it, which allows me to fire all my pro scouts and hire 20 amateur scouts. I let them auto scout and i usually end up with complete 100% accurate scouting reports for 75-80% of the players in every draft.

Reactions: kinger8998

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
Working on a RANGERS rebuild right now. Finished 6th from the bottom of the league in 18-19. Traded Hayes to LA for a 2020 pick and Zucc to Mineesota for a 2019 draft pick. In the draft I was able to draft Vasily Podkolzin, and then traded Shattenkirk, (half retained) and the Minnestota pick to Vegas for the 7th overall pick and got Kakko. That same offseason I traded Buchnevich and a 7th to Calgary for Adam Fox. In 19-20 finished 5th from the bottom, all season I was dangling Namestnikov, and finally got Winnipeg to take him for Lemieux. I was reluctant to trade Kreider because I didnt know hw the draft would go. All year my eyes were on either Byfield or Perfetti and I couldn't believe Byfield was rated 10th, however by some crazy stroke of luck I won the lottery and got Lafreniere as the number 1 overall. I then tried to get the 10th pick from Vegas who rejected every offer I made. Luckily Minnestoa bit at the 11th as I traded Lias Andersson and LA's pick to them. With this pick I got Byfield and promoted Kravtsov from the minors as well. I let Kreider walk now that I had Lafreniere, and also let Vesey and Georgiev walk too. I then spent some money in free agency to bring in 4th liners. In 20-21 here is my team

Lafreniere-Zibanejad(A)-Podkolzin
Lemieux-Byfield-Kakko (This line is crazy good together in the game)
Chytil-Howden-Kravtsov
Brickley-Paquette-Callahan

Skej(A)-DeAngelo
Fox-Miller
Staal(C)-Lindgren

Lundqvist
Shestyorkin

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Does anyone know how EA will handle all the unsigned RFAs for 2020 franchise mode? I'm assuming they've finalized rosters by now.

Last year they had William Nylander on a 1 year 900K contract or something like that.

They essentially just extend the ELC a year, until they sign IRL, and then patch it in.

I usually edit them to give them reasonable contracts myself until they sign and it gets patched in.

Last year it was essentially just Nylander.

Gonna have more work to do this year lol

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
As I get excited for NHL20 franchise stuff, I should get back on this.
----------

NSH wins the lottery, followed by BOS and then ANA lands 3rd.
BCM who lost in the 3rd round of the playoffs has 3 top 15 picks due to trades they made, the best being #8 from MTL.

M. Fleury - 40 yrs old - 73 overall
P. Rinne - 42 yrs old - 75 overall
T. Rask - 38 yrs old - 76 overall - 5.210M x 3 yrs left
E. Malkin - 38 yrs old - 74 overall
C. Perry - 40 yrs old - 73 overall
W. Simmonds - 36 yrs old - 72 overall
R. Mcdonagh - 36 yrs old - 86 overall

Mcdonagh had atleast one more year in him. Boston taking advantage of the contract situation with Rask.

#1 NSH: E. Sandlak - C (82, Elite)
#2 BOS: K. Ferriero - D (78, Elite)
#3 ANA: N. McCarty - RW (73, Elite)
#4 NJD: D. Sawchuk - C (78, Elite)
#5 PIT: D. Winkler - RW (74, Elite)

FLA acquire: BCM 1st (#30) & T. Skuin (67, Top 4 D)
BCM acquirs: FLA 2nd (#44), CHI 3rd (#95), FLA 2nd (2026)

#8: M. Hewitt - C (65, Top 6 F)
#11: R. Artmeier - LW (64, Elite)
#15: I. Doig - D (61, Elite)
#44: X. Stortini - D (53, Elite)
#55: S. Papineau - RW (60, Top 9 F)
#62: A. Harrold - C (60, Top 6 F) * Gem
#71: Q. Gainey - RW (63, Top 6 F)
#95: L. Arvidsson - D (61, Elite)
#126: N. Hedberg - C (57, Top 6 F)
#190: C. Andreychuk - LW (56, Top 9 F)
#214: V. Hrdina - G (58, Elite) * Gem
#219: O. Palat - D (58, Elite)
#222: E. Yashin - LW (54, Elite)

RE-SIGN:
M. Drake - G (79) - 1.2M x 1
M. Louhivaara - D (85) - 5.5M x 5
V. Krejci - D (84) - 5.5M x 8
J. Ericsson - C (81) - 2.1M x 3
L. Graham - C (77) - 925k x 3

NOTABLE FREE AGENTS
N. Patrick (C) - 86
I. Barbashev (C) - 86
A. Ovechkin (LW) - 85

BCM SIGNS
J. Pageau (C) - 84 - 4.5M x 3
J. Gauthier (RW) - 82 - 3M x 2

Wasn't actually expecting to sign Pageau, as I was competing with around 3 other teams, where I wasn't overpaying. Guess I'm officially a desirable team.

NOTABLE SIGNINGS
BOS: N. Patrick - 7.795M x 4
PHI: I. Barbashev - 6.640M x 5
MTL: A. Ovechkin - 4.750M x 1

BCM acquire: S. Reinhart (86)
LAK acquire: M. Mamin (82), J. Virtanen (80), P. Kytnar (57, Top 6 F), + 2 Top 9 F prospects

PIT acquire: A. Kerfoot (84), D. Brassard (79), 2026 4th (COL)
COL acquire: 2026 1st (PIT) & 2026 2nd (PIT)

EXTENSIONS
S. Reinhart (RW) - 86 - 5.5M x 6

A. Lafrenière (91)T. Konecny (85)V. Kuznetsov (88)
J. Rowe (85)W. Schneider (84)S. Reinhart (86)
A. Stranges (84)K. Dach (84)J. Pageau (84)
J. Gauthier (82)J. Ericsson (82)K. Darby (81)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
B. Bjordjevic (87)A. Kenins (86)
B. Byram (86)M. Louhivaara (85)
E. Engel (82)V. Krejci (84)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
T. Jarry (84)
M. Drake (81)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

OFF: 97
DEF: 95
GOA: 88

Last edited:
Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Hey Guys,

I just recently started an expansion franchise mode in NHL 19 with all the updated NHL rosters. (I updated them by hand to include all recent transactions). I got a rather interesting lineup in the process! I am now however looking to acquire a young centre who can grow with my next core I am working towards drafting. I received the 5th overall pick in the 2018 Draft and selected a Top 6 RW Forward followed by a Low Elite LW Forward. I am desperately searching for a centre and it appears like the 2019 Draft has no real special forwards. (Aside from Cozens, Dach etc).

I was curious if anyone knew how far Cody Glass advances in NHL 19? and if you had any other suggestions for possible first-line centres for our future. Cody Glass is on Vegas' trade block but the cost to acquire him would be significant. I am looking for a centre that could one day be a replacement for Pavelski (Who I acquired in free agency). I see Ottawa has a bunch of young centres that I could probably pick from but I'm not sure which one will be 1st line material. Options would be Colin White, Logan Brown, Drake Batherson, Chyhkl (forget how to spell his name). I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Oh, I also looked at Morgan Frost but I'm not sure on his upside.

Does anyone know what overall these players can reach in years 3-4 down the road?

Cody Glass (73 OA) 19 YO
Colin White (81 OA) 21 YO
Logan Brown (75 OA) 20 YO
Drake Batherson (72 OA) 20 YO
Morgan Frost (72 OA) 19 YO

Please let me know what you think. I really need a good first-line centre for the future. He doesn't have to be an "elite playmaker or scorer" but someone who can help us compete and hopefully win some cups!

Rules are:
I can only trade for players on a teams block or for a player who is redundant on their roster. (Ie 5 Centres for 2 spots).
I can only sign players to contracts they ask for. (No negotiating contracts - accept or let walk).
I can only sign players who wish to be extended. (I must move or let others walk).
I can only trade for significant players IE elites for other elites or combo of 2 or more players of the class below. (2 x top 6 forwards for an elite or a top 6 forward + top 4 D).
I cannot trade a player of significance ie - Top 6, Top 4, or starting goaltender in the same season I acquire them. (This prevents me from making 100 trades).

If you know the overalls of those above later in their career please let me know. It would be most helpful! This will be my final NHL franchise mode and I intend on playing it for 2-3 seasons. I am willing to move my 2020 1st, 2020 3rd, and 2 roster players to acquire a young centre. Issue with Cody Glass is he is stuck in the WHL. If I move roster players out it may affect my playoff run. BUT.. I will likely lose out on him if I wait until the off-season. Please let me know how these guys turn out if you remember!

Thanks so much.
Steve.

NHL LINEUP
Johansson - Pavelski - c.Smith
Duclair - Marleau - Kapanen
Killorn - Sissions - Armia
Roussel - Jenner - Cogliano

Martinez - Schultz
Hickey - Larsson
van Riemsdyk - c.Carrick

Lehner
Ullmark

PROSPECTS

5th OA - Leikkier (Top 6 Forward - RW)
36th OA - Nurmi (Elite - LOW - LW)
Trade w/ OTT - Lajoie (Top 4 D - LD)

I traded for Marleau and Kapanen. Marleau was part of the cost of acquiring Kapanen. Toronto still had cap issues and could not re-sign Kapanen. So I made the deal to give them a hand. Toronto has since traded Johansson to Chicago who are 12-1-2 atop of the league.

Pavelski I signed in free agency for 7M per x 4 years. The rest of my team is all from the expansion draft. Updating all the trades over the spring/summer really made the expansion draft fresh. I recommend trying it out if you wish to start out again!

Last edited:

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Hey Guys,

I just recently started an expansion franchise mode in NHL 19 with all the updated NHL rosters. (I updated them by hand to include all recent transactions). I got a rather interesting lineup in the process! I am now however looking to acquire a young centre who can grow with my next core I am working towards drafting. I received the 5th overall pick in the 2018 Draft and selected a Top 6 RW Forward followed by a Low Elite LW Forward. I am desperately searching for a centre and it appears like the 2019 Draft has no real special forwards. (Aside from Cozens, Dach etc).

I was curious if anyone knew how far Cody Glass advances in NHL 19? and if you had any other suggestions for possible first-line centres for our future. Cody Glass is on Vegas' trade block but the cost to acquire him would be significant. I am looking for a centre that could one day be a replacement for Pavelski (Who I acquired in free agency). I see Ottawa has a bunch of young centres that I could probably pick from but I'm not sure which one will be 1st line material. Options would be Colin White, Logan Brown, Drake Batherson, Chyhkl (forget how to spell his name). I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Oh, I also looked at Morgan Frost but I'm not sure on his upside.

Does anyone know what overall these players can reach in years 3-4 down the road?

Cody Glass (73 OA) 19 YO

Please let me know what you think. I really need a good first-line centre for the future. He doesn't have to be an "elite playmaker or scorer" but someone who can help us compete and hopefully win some cups!

Rules are:
I can only trade for players on a teams block or for a player who is redundant on their roster. (Ie 5 Centres for 2 spots).
I can only sign players to contracts they ask for. (No negotiating contracts - accept or let walk).
I can only sign players who wish to be extended. (I must move or let others walk).
I can only trade for significant players IE elites for other elites or combo of 2 or more players of the class below. (2 x top 6 forwards for an elite or a top 6 forward + top 4 D).
I cannot trade a player of significance ie - Top 6, Top 4, or starting goaltender in the same season I acquire them. (This prevents me from making 100 trades).

If you know the overalls of those above later in their career please let me know. It would be most helpful! This will be my final NHL franchise mode and I intend on playing it for 2-3 seasons. I am willing to move my 2020 1st, 2020 3rd, and 2 roster players to acquire a young centre. Issue with Cody Glass is he is stuck in the WHL. If I move roster players out it may affect my playoff run. BUT.. I will likely lose out on him if I wait until the off-season. Please let me know how these guys turn out if you remember!

Thanks so much.
Steve.

NHL LINEUP
Johansson - Pavelski - c.Smith
Duclair - Marleau - Kapanen
Killorn - Sissions - Armia
Roussel - Jenner - Cogliano

Martinez - Schultz
Hickey - Larsson
van Riemsdyk - c.Carrick

Lehner
Ullmark

PROSPECTS

5th OA - Leikkier (Top 6 Forward - RW)
36th OA - Nurmi (Elite - LOW - LW)
Trade w/ OTT - Lajoie (Top 4 D - LD)

I traded for Marleau and Kapanen. Marleau was part of the cost of acquiring Kapanen. Toronto still had cap issues and could not re-sign Kapanen. So I made the deal to give them a hand. Toronto has since traded Johansson to Chicago who are 12-1-2 atop of the league.

Pavelski I signed in free agency for 7M per x 4 years. The rest of my team is all from the expansion draft. Updating all the trades over the spring/summer really made the expansion draft fresh. I recommend trying it out if you wish to start out again!
I decided to go with Isac Lundeström of the Ducks. (18th OA in 2018)

77 Overall - Top 6 Potential - 19 Years of Age.

I felt his progression at this stage is a really encouraging sign. I traded Anaheim my 2019 1st and Trevor Van Riemsdyk. My team is currently near the top of the central so it is unlikely to be a lottery pick. However stranger things have happened. He put up a doughnut in his first game but followed it up with a goal and assist in his second game. He had 6 points in 6 pre-season games with Anaheim as well. I gave Lundestrom some PP time later in the third and it translated with an assist off of Kasperi Kapanen on our second unit PP. He later scored shorthanded on a bit of a flukey play off a pass from Sissons. Overall I am very happy with the acquisition of Lundestrom but I will need to remain patient with him. He still has a lot of progression to make before he's an everyday impact player but we saw some encouraging signs in tonights 4-1 win over the Boston Bruins.

He may or may not fill that 1st line centre role I was hoping to fit. Regardless tho I feel I added a very good top 6 playmaking centre. His chemistry with Kapanen early on could lead to us having a more dynamic offence. Something we may need in the post-season. We are a rather defensively heavy team and the option of running Marleau and Sisson's together on a third line could be potent. Duclair and Kapanen have phenomenal chemistry and their combined speed makes it difficult for defenders to handle their dump and chase style we often implement. With the acquisition of Lundestrom, the future of Bonne Jenner remains up in the air. As both play a similar style of game and neither is particularly fast. Jenner's physical presence and faceoff prowess could remain valuable. In order to keep both in the lineup though we needed to sacrifice the speed of Cogliano or Armia which neither is ideal.

Pavelski leads the team with 14 points in 14 games. Lehner stood on his head in the last 2 games to edge out wins vs Boston and Columbus. The big physical teams were a challenge - Boston was not shy to flex their muscle. David Pastrnak of all people ran Joe Pavelski from behind in the opening frame. Which later lead to Patrick Marleau scoring on the 2nd unit PP in response. Pavelski was run once again in the third. Craig Smith tried to stand up for Pavelski but this time like every time before... he, unfortunately, wasn't able to land enough damage to be effective. Martinez challenged Charlie Coyle shortly after the previous scrap. This time Seattle won the bought with a definitive victory for the Silvertips. We continued to take the body hard in the remaining minutes of the game. We may need a more physical presence in the lineup if we are to run into similar teams in the post-season.

Lundestrom is a great playmaking centre with high offensive instincts, excellent passing, and a strong shot. He could be the piece we have been after. In the deal we also took back the salary of Dennis Seidenberg who suited up for the squad filling in for the traded Trevor Van Riemsdyk. He held his own but his speed has become a bit of a concern - We will continue to monitor his play and assess if Lajoie needs to be called up. Reinforcements arrived in Burnaby today - the team had a record of 2-11-1 in their first 14 games. The reinforcements arrived just in time as the team managed to eek out of a 3-2 OT win over the Moose. Fun times ahead in Seattle!

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.

Cody Glass (73 OA) 19 YO

While I think it's better to not totally know, I'll tell you how these prospects progressed in my current expansion file by the 25/26 season.

Cody Glass (85 OA) 26 YO
Colin White (81 OA) 28 YO
Logan Brown (81 OA) 27 YO
Drake Batherson (88 OA) 27 YO
Morgan Frost (84 OA) 26 YO

Batherson is a surprise. He has 1st line fwd role, while potential is now Top 9 F exact. Having not tracked the prospect, I've no idea what happened with him.

Regarding the prospect you did wind up going with:
Isac Lundeström (83 OA) 25 YO
However, in a previous playthrough I recall also trading for Lundeström, and he was an 84 OA by around 23 or so.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
While I think it's better to not totally know, I'll tell you how these prospects progressed in my current expansion file by the 25/26 season.

Cody Glass (85 OA) 26 YO
Colin White (81 OA) 28 YO
Logan Brown (81 OA) 27 YO
Drake Batherson (88 OA) 27 YO
Morgan Frost (84 OA) 26 YO

Batherson is a surprise. He has 1st line fwd role, while potential is now Top 9 F exact. Having not tracked the prospect, I've no idea what happened with him.

Regarding the prospect you did wind up going with:
Isac Lundeström (83 OA) 25 YO
However, in a previous playthrough I recall also trading for Lundeström, and he was an 84 OA by around 23 or so.
Wow, I am surprised Frost and Glass are so low. Batherson's OA is insane lol. I think we may see Frost sometime this season in philly. My selection of Lundestrom is feeling much better now lol. He may not be a high 80's guy but he's on a good path at 77 OA at age 19. He is ahead of Cody Glass in that regard well also having a lower trade value. I thought for sure Glass would reach 86-87! Thank you for looking those up! I may have to look at acquiring Batherson down the road here. Marleau is probably in his final year and Pavelski isn't fair behind at age 34 in my franchise mode. I have Sissons, Jenner, and Johansson who can play centre but I prefer Johansson on the wing. Thanks again!

Have you won the cup on your current expansion file? I can never stick to sim myself - I love to grind out the games lol

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Have you won the cup on your current expansion file? I can never stick to sim myself - I love to grind out the games lol

Not yet, though I purposely sucked, creating the worst expansion team in history, and seeing how well I could build it up. I'm only just starting to contend.
I like to play some games for fun, but I dont usually save them so I dont inflate my players stats.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Cody Glass (73 OA) 19 YO

I traded Mittelstadt and Ullmark to the Sens for White, Brannstrom, and Nilsson. So far for me White has 23 goals and 26 assists through 54 games. He's my 2C and has amazing chemistry with Debrincat.

Reactions: Steven Rush

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Not yet, though I purposely sucked, creating the worst expansion team in history, and seeing how well I could build it up. I'm only just starting to contend.
I like to play some games for fun, but I dont usually save them so I dont inflate my players stats.

There's a series I watch occasionally on youtube where the guy uses fog of war... creates a team... starts a franchise mode with expansion drafts... drafts the worst players (usually with no contract remaining)...

Then he only picks up players rated under 60 and only tries to build using his own draft picks.

So:

1. Expansion Draft team taking only the worst players
2. Only signing players rated under 60 OVL
3. Does not use picks from other teams
4. Fog of war on

It's actually pretty fun/interesting. It's those runs where one wishes the sim engine could run faster though as it takes a good 6-8 years before the team can do much of anything.

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
Working on a RANGERS rebuild right now. Finished 6th from the bottom of the league in 18-19. Traded Hayes to LA for a 2020 pick and Zucc to Mineesota for a 2019 draft pick. In the draft I was able to draft Vasily Podkolzin, and then traded Shattenkirk, (half retained) and the Minnestota pick to Vegas for the 7th overall pick and got Kakko. That same offseason I traded Buchnevich and a 7th to Calgary for Adam Fox. In 19-20 finished 5th from the bottom, all season I was dangling Namestnikov, and finally got Winnipeg to take him for Lemieux. I was reluctant to trade Kreider because I didnt know hw the draft would go. All year my eyes were on either Byfield or Perfetti and I couldn't believe Byfield was rated 10th, however by some crazy stroke of luck I won the lottery and got Lafreniere as the number 1 overall. I then tried to get the 10th pick from Vegas who rejected every offer I made. Luckily Minnestoa bit at the 11th as I traded Lias Andersson and LA's pick to them. With this pick I got Byfield and promoted Kravtsov from the minors as well. I let Kreider walk now that I had Lafreniere, and also let Vesey and Georgiev walk too. I then spent some money in free agency to bring in 4th liners. In 20-21 here is my team

Lafreniere-Zibanejad(A)-Podkolzin
Lemieux-Byfield-Kakko (This line is crazy good together in the game)
Chytil-Howden-Kravtsov
Brickley-Paquette-Callahan

Skej(A)-DeAngelo
Fox-Miller
Staal(C)-Lindgren

Lundqvist
Shestyorkin

Missed the playoffs by 1 point as Philadelphia passed us on the last day of the season. Lafreniere had an ok rookie season scoring 25 golas. Byfield and Kakko also scored 20 or more. Podkolzin potted 30. Definitely focusing on getting defensemen in the draft and through free agency. Seeing if I can trade DeAngelo and Chytil for value

Reactions: Hockey Rush

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Missed the playoffs by 1 point as Philadelphia passed us on the last day of the season. Lafreniere had an ok rookie season scoring 25 golas. Byfield and Kakko also scored 20 or more. Podkolzin potted 30. Definitely focusing on getting defensemen in the draft and through free agency. Seeing if I can trade DeAngelo and Chytil for value
Oh I can't wait until Laffraine is in my grasps lol. I am a big fan of Byfield too. I traded Alex Killorn today in the 18-19 opening season. I picked up Jason Robertson from the Stars along with Martin Hanzal. I felt it was a great way to get out of Killorn's 4-year contract. I was blown away Robertson had like 84 shot power on wrist shots and slappers. I'm not sure if he turns into anything special but that is impressive for a guy who's like 65 OA lol.

Did you modify Podkolzin at all? Or was he the games version? I might go out of my way to acquire him at the next draft. I'll have to see what I can afford.

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
Oh I can't wait until Laffraine is in my grasps lol. I am a big fan of Byfield too. I traded Alex Killorn today in the 18-19 opening season. I picked up Jason Robertson from the Stars along with Martin Hanzal. I felt it was a great way to get out of Killorn's 4-year contract. I was blown away Robertson had like 84 shot power on wrist shots and slappers. I'm not sure if he turns into anything special but that is impressive for a guy who's like 65 OA lol.

Did you modify Podkolzin at all? Or was he the games version? I might go out of my way to acquire him at the next draft. I'll have to see what I can afford.

Created Podkolzin as he wasnt initially in the game. Lafreniere is underwhelming tbh but still locked out getting him.

Reactions: Hockey Rush

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
I just bought NHL 20, super excited to have kratsov, fox, and shesty on the roster or even to have them in the system to sign and bring up.. and of course the ea sports franchise still doesnt have them in. Why is this? Anyone know when the 1st update on rosters are? I dont even want to start a franchise right now with them missing

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I just bought NHL 20, super excited to have kratsov, fox, and shesty on the roster or even to have them in the system to sign and bring up.. and of course the ea sports franchise still doesnt have them in. Why is this? Anyone know when the 1st update on rosters are? I dont even want to start a franchise right now with them missing
Because EA doesn’t have rights to KHL or NCAA talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad