NHL 19 Franchise Mode Thread

megoalie2005

Jul 8, 2019
I wanted to create an account and share my most recent experience playing Franchise Mode.

The 2020-2021 season was my final straw with the Red Wings and was promptly fired after missing the playoffs again. Chicago offered me the most money so I gladly accepted.

This is where things get interesting.
My first draft at the conclusion of the 2021 season yielded:

3rd overall - Med Elite LW
15th overall - Med Elite Center
56th overall - Med Elite D (Gem)
77th overall - Med Franchise Goalie
7th rd (idr the overall) - Low Elite RW

Aside from the 3 Med Elites, the Franchise, and the low elite RW, I drafted a few other Gems (Top 4 D and Top 6 C).

After the first month of October, I always check in the contracts tab to see how my drafted players panned out when the fog of war lifts.
  • I had already signed the 3rd overall and he was an 81
  • The Med Elite Center was 70 overall, I left unsigned since he would continue playing in the CHL anyways.
  • Med Elite D was 72 overall, I signed and placed in the AHL
  • Med Franchise Goalie was 65 overall, left unsigned
  • And that 7th round low elite, not a gem even, was boasting a 72 overall at age 18. This isn't some over-aged 20 year old. I signed him and placed in the AHL.
After full sim of 2021-2022 season:
  • 3rd overall was an 83
  • Med Elite Center was 75
  • Med Elite D was 81 and playing in the NHL to close the season
  • Med Franchise Goalie was 70
  • The 7th round low elite was now a 78
I just started the 2022-2023 season and I could not believe this 7 round pick is now on my second line. He has developed to the same overall as my 3rd overall pick at 84!

Has anyone had this kind of draft luck with a late round player blossoming so fast. He's still only 19 years old with room to grow.

Reactions: Serac

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@Serac I'm starting a new EHM game, so maybe I'll post stuff here on that, since there's no real thread for it.

Reactions: Serac

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Cor's Ottawa Senators Rebuild

Summer 2019
July 2nd 2019: After an argument with Eugene Melnyk, Pierre Dorion had enough and stepped down as General Manager of the Ottawa Senators. After weeks of looking for a replacement, Melnyk went with the cheapest option, hiring a random person from a message board, Cor.

July 4th 2019: Cor's first move started with another trade with the Toronto Maple Leafs, acquiring goalie Garret Sparks, in exchange for winger Rudolfs Balcers. Cor said that they believe Gustavsson can be a future goalie, but that he's at least two seasons away, and between Anders Nilsson, Craig Anderson and Garret Sparks, they think they can flesh out a good combo for the short-term.

July 5th 2019: TSN Insider Bob McKenzie says it appears Craig Anderson's time in Ottawa will come to an end, and expect the goalie to be traded for a similar contract, or larger, on either defense or at forward, as Ottawa looks to reach the cap floor by the time October rolls around. McKenzie says the TOR-OTT trades may not be done for the summer, as OTT has inquired about taking the contract of Nathan Horton.

July 8th 2019: Ottawa has made a pair of depth signings for their defense. First signing Stuart Percy to a 1 year, 700K contract. Percy spent most of last season in the Senators organization with Belleville, and it's expected he will resume that role this summer. Ottawa also announced the signing of Marc Methot, to a 1 year, 2M dollar contract. The Ottawa native spent 5 seasons with the Senators, before being traded to the Dallas Stars, but spent much of his time their injured. At the age of 34, Methot is looking to use this season to prove he's still an NHL player, and be closer to his family.

July 12th 2019: Ottawa continues to bolster their defensive corps, announcing the signing of Ben Hutton to a 1 year, 2M dollar contract. Hutton, previously of the Vancouver Canucks, wasn't tendered a qualifying offer back in June, so he become a UFA. It's expected that Ben Hutton will get a real shot in the Senators top 4, likely beside Nikita Zaitsev, with Ron Hainsey mentoring Thomas Chabot on the top pairing, similar to what he did with Morgan Rielly in Toronto, and Dylan Demelo, and Marc Methot making up the third pairing.

July 13th 2019: Craig Anderson's time with the Ottawa Senators is over, as the Sens have traded him to the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for Brandon Dubinsky. Both players performance over the last two seasons have made both worth well below what their contracts pay them. Anderson is in his last year of his deal at 4.75M, while Brandon Dubinsky has two seasons remaining at 5.85M. Fans on the internet believe Cor should have gotten another asset in this trade to make up for the additional season.

Around the League: Jake Gardiner has signed a 1 year deal with the Montreal Canadians, while Jason Pomminville is returning to Buffalo for 1 season. Valerie Nishuskin signed a 1 year deal with the Detroit Red Wings.

July 14th 2019: GM Cor announced several signings today, the most significant being forward Pontus Aberg to a 1 year, 2M deal. The Senators were reportedly in on Nishuskin, but turned to Aberg when the former signed with Detroit. The Senators also announced the signing of Jamie Devane to a AHL contract. The towering enforcer will get an invite to camp, and may be signed to a 1 year league min deal.

July 15th 2019: The Senators remain busy, fleshing out their AHL and NHL rosters. The Senators announcing they have signed RFA Colin White to a 1 year deal, worth 1.4M. There were discussions of a longer term deal, but it appears Colin White wants to bet on himself this season. The Senators also announcing that Matt & Ryan Rupert have both been added to the AHL roster for this season. Both players return to the Sens organization after spending the last two seasons with Indy, of the ECHL.

July 19th 2019: The Senators have made another minor move, trading goalie Marcus Hogberg, and forward Morgan Klimchuk to the St Louis Blues in exchange for a 2020 3rd Round Pick. This trade was all about clearing up contract spots for the previous signings that have happened. This also gives Ottawa their 7th pick in the first 3 rounds of the upcoming draft.

Around the League: Chicago traded Connor Murphy to the Calgary Flames for a 2020 3rd and 2021 4th round picks. New Jersey signed Ryan Dzingel to a 1 year deal. Anaheim made the controversial move to sign Vyacheslav Voynov to a 1 year deal. Los Angeles signed Michael Ferland to a 1 year deal.

GM Cor indicated in a media conference call after the trade that he expects the off-season moves to be done, and they will reassess the roster after training camp.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Training Camp 2019
August 9th 2019: Marian Gaborik announced his retirement from the NHL, foregoing the final 6M he is owed over the next two seasons. Since he was not a 35+ contract, his entire 4.875M cap hit comes off the books, though, Ottawa likely preferred to have kept the cap hit. It's likely a correlating move will be made by the Senators to add another contract.

August 10th 2019: After announcing his retirement yesterday, the Senators have named Marian Gaborik to their coaching staff, expected to advise offensive coach David Payne with the powerplay, and also help with player development. Gaborik's coaching contract is for the next 3 years, paying him only about 550K per year.

September 10th 2019
: The Sentators have traded AHL player Andy Sturtz to the Vegas Golden Knights in exchange for the contract of David Clarkson. Clarkson is in his final year of his 5.3M dollar contract. He will be placed on regular IR, another move to help the Sens maintain the cap floor.

September 16th 2019: The Senators announced the tentative signing of prospect Lassi Thomson, who was their 19th Overall Pick last June. He will play the season with Ilves of the Liiga league, and then come to North America June 2020.

After a 2-3-1 pre-season record, the Senators announced their 2019-20 Roster.

Brady Tkachuk - Chris Tierney - Bobby Ryan
Mikkel Bodker - Drake Batherson - Anthony Duclair
Pontus Aberg - JG Pageau - Colin White
Tyler Ennis - Zack Smith - Logan Brown
Brandon Dubinsky

Thomas Chabot - Ron Hainsey
Ben Hutton - Nikita Zaitsev
Marc Methot - Dylan Demelo
Maxime Lajoie - Mark Borowiecki

Garret Sparks
Anders Nilsson
UPDATE!: Ottawa announced they have claimed Kevin Gravel off of waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs. They have assigned Maxime Lajoie to the Belleville Senators to make room on the 23 man roster.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

October-November 2019
November 8th 2019: The Ottawa Senators currently sit 13th in the Eastern Conference and 25th in the NHL with a record of 6-7-2. Thomas Chabot and Brady Tkachuk have given fans something to cheer for, each having 10 points in the 15 games. The big surprise has been Pontus Aberg, who has taken advantage of his chance in prime offensive situations with 12 points to lead the team. Even Bobby Ryan is on pace for 27 goals, should he remain healthy and keep the pace.

Around the League (Nov 8th 2019): We've seen 4 trades so far this season. Winnipeg traded Nathan Beaulieu to the New Jersey Devils for Blake Coleman. Carolina acquired top prospect Klim Kostin from the St Louis Blues in exchange for a 2020 7th Round Pick, and the rights to Dominick Fensore. St Louis then turned around and traded Robert Burtuzzo to the Anaheim Ducks for prospect Maxime Comtois. And finally, Edmonton traded Kyle Brodziak to the Washington Capitals in exchange for a 2020 4th rounder. Later in November, Los Angeles traded Chaz Reddekopp and a 2020 5th Round Pick to the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for Stelio Mattheos

Around the League (Nov 15th 2019): Los Angeles has made another move, trading former first rounder Gabe Vilardi to the Buffalo Sabres for Casey Nelson. Meanwhile, Anaheim continues their trading of their top forward prospects, this time trading Max Jones to the Colorado Avalanche for Calle Rosen.

Around the League (Nov 23rd 2019): Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby is done for the season, after severely damaging his kneecap. Crosby will be out 7-8 months, and there's talk it could be longer. After trading Phil Kessel in the off-season, and now losing Crosby, Pittsburgh is left relying on Evgeni Malkin up front. Pittsburgh currently sits 2nd in the Metro division. Elsewhere, Edmonton acquired prospect Luke Kunin from the Wild in exchange for Ethan Bear and a 2020 5th Round Pick

Around the League (Nov 28th 2019): The Boston Bruins have made a shocking move, by firing head coach Bruce Cassidy, General Manager Don Sweeney announced today. After making the Cup Finals last season, the Bruins started 6-15-4, prompting Sweeney to make the move. No word yet on possible replacements.

December 1st 2019: The rest of the month didn't really improve much for the Senators. They now sit 15th in the Eastern Conference and 29th in the NHL, with a record of 10-14-3. Mikkel Bodker has taken over the team lead in points with 19 in 27. There's chatter he's generating interest around the league. Early season surprise Pontus Aberg still sits second on the team with 18.

There was one final trade in November, with Colorado sending Connor Timmins to the Chicago Blackhawks for John Hayden.

Last edited:
Reactions: GAMO1992 and Serac

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

December 2019 - January 2020

December 3rd 2019: After firing Bruce Cassidy last month, Don Sweeney announced their new head coach, and it's a bit of a surprise hire. They hired Bobby Carpenter. Carpenter played 1178 NHL games, scoring 728 points in those games. Carpenter spent 4 seasons with the Bruins, so there is a previous connection. Bobby Carpenter retired in 1999 as a Devil, and remained with the organization in a coaching position, splitting time with the Devils and their AHL team as an assistant coach. Carpenter left the organization in 2004, and hasn't been behind a bench since.

December 11th 2019: The St Louis Blues have acquired Brett Howden from the New York Rangers in exchange for the rights to prospects Colten Ellis, & Mathias Laferriere. Howden was a former first round pick of the Lightning, who went to New York in the Ryan McDonagh trade. Howden has 7 points in 25 games this season.

December 12th 2019: The second NHL coach has been fired this season, as Calgary has fired Bill Peters. Calgary has a record of 9-19-6 this season, prompting Calgary to make the move. There is a lot of speculation that Brad Treliving could be let go, should the Flames not make the playoffs. In other news, Dallas have traded their 2021 2nd and 4th round picks to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for Dalton Prout. Prout signed with San Jose this summer, but has played just 4 games with the team thus far. Prout spent last season in the Calgary Flames organization, playing 20 games at the NHL level. Many believe Dallas overpaid for a bottom pairing defender, but with both Roman Polak and John Klingberg on the IR, they needed to add another RD

December 17th 2019: The trades around the NHL have continued to be consistent. Anaheim once again trading one of their forward prospects. After trading both Max Jones and Max Comtois in previous trades, they have now traded Isac Lundestrom to the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for Leon Gawanke. Gawanke is a former 5th round pick. The 20 year old d-man has had an impressive start to his pro career, posting 23 points in 28 games in the AHL for the Moose. Lundestrom meanwhile was a former first round pick, and has put up 14 points in 23 games. Lundestrom split time between the SHL, AHL & NHL last season. Winnipeg also placed Mathieu Perrault on waivers, which he cleared and was assigned to the AHL

December 21st 2019: TSN Insider Bob McKenzie says the Ottawa Senators will be sellers at the deadline, not that is a surprise to anyone. It's reported that Tyler Ennis, Dylan Demelo, Ben Hutton, & Pontus Aberg are generating interest around the league.

December 22nd 2019: Calgary has found their new head coach, hiring Lorne Molleken. Lorne is the former head coach of the Saskatoon Blades, Moose Jaw Warriors and Vancouver Giants of the WHL, and spent 4 seasons with the Blackhawks, 2 of them as head coach, and has had two other one year stints in the NHL as an assistant coach. Elsewhere, Blake Comeau was placed on waivers by the Dallas Stars, and was claimed by the San Jose Sharks.

December 31st 2019: Ottawa is kicking off the New Years part in style, announcing they have signed Thomas Chabot to a 5 year extension which carries an AAV of 5.665M. Ottawa also announced an extension for Pontus Aberg, which is a 4 year extension, which carries an AAV of 2.005M. It's also believed that Ottawa has begun extension talks with Colin White.

January 1st 2020: Carolina have traded Janne Kuokkanen and a 2021 4th and a 2020 5th round picks to the Dallas Stars for Gavin Bayreuther. Dallas has also placed Martin Hanzal on waivers.

January 2nd 2020: TSN Insider Bob McKenzie indicated today that Boston may be moving their focus onto next season, and there is word that they may look to give Zdeno Chara a shot on a contender, as speculation is, this will be his final season. Bob McKenzie also suggested that there are teams that have interest in Senators forward Bobby Ryan. McKenzie notes that any deal would be complicated, as Ryan makes over 7M per season, and Ottawa is right at the cap floor. Montreal also have traded Ryan Poehling to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for JT Compher.

January 3rd 2020: Another NHL coach has been fired, and this one is a shocker! Nashville GM David Poile announcing he has relieved Peter Laviolette of his duties. Nashville is 20-16-3 this season, and sit in the final wildcard spot in the West, leading to some speculation there was something behind the scenes that led to this. TSN Insider Bob McKenzie believes Leafs assistant Dave Hakstol, and Guy Boucher are candidates to be the replacement. Elsewhere, the Buffalo Sabres have made a move, acquiring Matt Nieto and Sampo Ranta from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for a 2020 2nd round pick and the rights to Mattias Samuelsson

January 6th 2020: Vancouver has acquired Jake Bean from the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for Guillaume Brisebois. The move has many people puzzled, as Jake Bean is seen as a prospect with top pairing potential, while many think Brisebois is a #4 guy at his max level.

January 8th 2020: Nashville has named their new head coach, hiring former Flyers head and Leafs assistant coach Dave Hakstol.

January 16th 2020: The LA Kings have traded Nikolai Prokhorkin to the New York Islanders in exchange for the rights to Reece Newkirk. Prokhorkin, who signed with LA last summer, coming over from the KHL, has struggled in LA, with just 14 points in 45 games. Newkirk, who is playing with Portland of the WHL, has 48 points in 41 games. This trade comes in the midst of rumors that Ilya Kovalchuk could be traded away from the Kings.

January 17th 2020: Steve Yzerman and the Detroit Red Wings have made a couple of trades. First, they have traded Madison Bowey to the Calgary Flames in exchange for Adam Ruzicka & the rights to Josh Nodler. They also traded Albin Grewe and the rights to Seth Barton to the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for Calen Addison. Calgary has also placed Derek Ryan on waivers.

January 20th 2020: Philadelphia has traded German Rubtsov to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for the rights to Sasha Mutala. This is a very puzzling move from Philadelphia.

January 21st 2020: Winnipeg has traded Logan Stanley and their 2020 2nd and 3rd round picks to San Jose for Tim Heed. Tim Heed is a good quality d-man to have on your bottom pairing, but you need to question the price given up by the Jets. Logan Stanley is reporting to the Sharks roster, rather than the AHL, which is interesting. In a more minor move, Montreal has traded Matthew Peca to the Golden Knights for Jonas Rondbjerg.

January 26th 2020: Thomas Chabot represented the Ottawa Senators in the all-star game, and was named the game's MVP, after a good performance.

January 29th 2020: The Tampa Bay Lightning have acquired Mark Jankowksi from the Calgary Flames in exchange for the rights to Quinn Schmiemann

January 31st 2020: The Ottawa Senators end January in the thick of the Alexis Lafreniere race, sitting 16th in the Eastern Conference and 31st in the league, 3 points behind the next closest team, the LA Kings. Ottawa is expected to begin moving out players, with just 3 weeks to the deadline.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

February - Trade Deadline 2020

February 1st 2020: The first big domino of the trade deadline dropped, as Calgary traded Travis Hamonic and the rights to Lucas Feuk, to the Nashville Predators for Steve Santini, and a 2020 2nd and 2020 3rd round picks. Nashville is clearly not happy with being on the bubble, firing Lavvy, and now making a big trade for Hamonic.

February 4th 2020: Toronto has bolstered their defense for their playoff run, acquiring Michael Stone from the Calgary Flames, along with a 2020 5th rounder, in exchange for Teemu Kivihalme

February 5th 2020: Kyle Dubas is back to work, this time making a questionable move, trading top prospect Rasmus Sandin, to the Florida Panthers, in exchange for Sebastian Repo, & the rights to Henry Rybinski.

February 8th 2020: Ottawa has begun their trade deadline selling, trading Mikkel Boedker to the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for a 2021 2nd round draft pick. Boedker has 19 goals and 36 points in 54 games this season.

February 9th 2020: Ottawa has claimed Jordie Benn off of waivers from the Vancouver Canucks. He had 15 points in 49 games for Vancouver before being placed on waivers. Ottawa has placed Kevin Gravel on waivers and have sent him down to the AHL.

February 12th 2020: After just over a year as head coach, Chicago has fired Jeremy Colliton as their head coach. Chicago sits 6th in their division, with a record of 26-24-7. TSN Insider Bob McKenzie believes that Guy Boucher could be the front runner to take over.

February 18th 2020: The Toronto Maple Leafs have made another trade with the Calgary Flames, this time acquiring James Neal in exchange for Michael Hutchinson and the rights to Kalle Loponen. James Neal is having a good season, with 24 goals and 41 points in 61 games. Neal has 3 more seasons after this one at 5.75M. Hutchinson has split time between the Leafs and Marlies this season, performing well in both spots. He will report to the Flames roster, and is expected to backup Cam Talbot, when Talbot returns from his injury.

February 19th 2020: The New Jersey Devils have traded Pavel Zacha to the Florida Panthers in exchange for Aleksi Heponiemi, a 2020 4th and a 2021 4th round pick. Zacha hasn't been able to find his stride in New Jersey, and now gets a fresh start.

February 20th 2020: In a shocking turn of events, Buffalo has placed Rasmus Ristolainen on waivers. With 2 more seasons at 5.4M per season, and speculation Buffalo was looking to move the defender, it came as a shock to see him placed on waivers, as despite your feelings toward the player, he quiet easily is an NHL defender. He has 22 points in 57 games this season.

February 21st 2020: The Los Angeles Kings have claimed Rasmus Ristolainen off of waivers from the Buffalo Sabres. They were first in the waiver order to place a claim. It's been reported that there were close to 10 teams who put a claim in. Elsewhere, Chicago officially announced Guy Boucher as their new head coach, however it's on an interim basis, as he is only signed until the end of the season.

February 22nd 2020: Another coaching change! The New York Islanders have fired Barry Trotz after just 1.5 seasons as head coach. The Islanders are poised to miss the playoffs, and have a record of 27-26-7. There is no speculation on who will take over as of yet. Also of note; Carolina has traded Julien Gauthier and the rights to Blake Murray, to the Dallas Stars in exchange for the rights to Benjamin Brinkman, a 2020 5th and a 2020 6th round pick. Nashville has traded Eeli Tolvanen to the Boston Bruins for Urho Vaakanainen

February 23rd 2020: Ottawa has signed free agent Matt Moulson for the remainder of the season. Moulson's cap hit will be around 2.5M pro-rated.

February 24th 2020: Calgary Flames have traded Michael Frolik to the Arizona Coyotes, in exchange for the rights to Aku Raty. Calgary has done a terrific job shedding cap in the past few weeks, trading Michael Stone, James Neal, and Michael Frolik. Edmonton has traded Markus Granlund, and a 2020 4th rounder, to the LA Kings, in exchange for Johan Sodergran. The Ottawa Senators have traded Connor Brown to the Edmonton Oilers, in exchange for prospect Ostap Safin, and Kris Russell. The Senators and Brown had discussions about an extension, but couldn't come to an agreement. They get a solid prospect in Safin, who has done very well in the QMJHL this year, and they have to take on the contract of Russell, but that gives the team another veteran, another contract to give flexibility for other deals, regarding the cap floor, and gives Russell a fresh start.

Trade Deadline Day:

- Detroit trades Mike Green to Pittsburgh for Filip Hallander, Judd Caulfield, & Nathan Legare
- Buffalo trades Remi Elie, & Brandon Hickey to Boston for Chris Wagner & Curtis Hall
- Winnipeg has traded Tucker Poolman to the Edmonton Oilers for Derrick Brassard
- Los Angeles has traded Alex Iafallo & Jordan Spence to the Montreal Canadiens for Phil Varano, Noah Juulson, & two 2020 4ths
- Montreal has traded Gianni Fairbrother to the Philadelphia Flyers for Felix Sandstrom
- Nashville has traded Dante Fabbro, David Farrence & a 2020 1st Rounder to Colorado Avalanche for Erik Johnson
- San Jose has traded Ryan Merkley to the Blue Jackets in exchange for Dean Kukan, Vladislav Gavrikov, Eric Hjorth, a 2020 4th & a 2020 5th.
- Anaheim has traded Mathew Hill, a 2021 5th & a 2022 4th to Nashville for Miikka Salomaki
- Arizona has traded the rights to Filip Westerlund to the Boston Bruins for Kevan Miller
- Ottawa has traded Tyler Ennis to the Vegas Golden Knights in exchange for the rights to Kaedan Korczak
- Ottawa has traded Ben Hutton & Anthony Duclair to the Rangers for Sean Day, 2020 1st Rounder, & 2021 3rd Rounder

February 25th 2020: Ottawa has announced that Thomas Chabot has torn his ACL, and will miss the next 7 months. They hope Chabot will be ready for training camp next season.

February 28th 2020: The New York Islanders have named Chris Pryor their new head coach. Pryor was the director of player development for the Islanders from 1994 to 1999. He then has spent the last 20 years in the Flyers organization as Director of Scouting, Director of Player Personnel, & Assistant GM. He now moves behind the bench again, returning to New York

February 29th 2020: Ottawa announced 1 year extensions for Anders Englund, Matt & Ryan Rupert, & Max Veronneau, as well as a 2 year extension for Nick Paul.

Ottawa heads into the stretch drive 16th in the Eastern Conference and 31st in the NHL with a record of 20-37-9. It's a race between Ottawa and LA to get the best odds at Lafreniere in this June's entry draft.

Reactions: GAMO1992 and Serac

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
2022 OFFSEASON

Montreal wins the draft lottery moving to 1st. Vegas also moves into 2nd, however BCM owns the pick due to a trade last season. Florida with a dreadful season moves into 3rd.

BCM now has picks #2 and #8 in the top 10.
Montreal has picks #1 and #4 (#4 from a trade with Detroit).

C. Anderson - age 41 - 81 overall - TBL
E. Staal - age 37 - 83 overall - MIN
I. Kovalchuk - age 39 - 83 overall - TOR
P. Stastny - age 36 - 81 overall - VGK
S. Weber - age 36 - 79 overall - MTL (4 years remaining)
M. Giordano - age 38 - 81 overall - DAL
That would be a juicy recapture on that Weber contract.

#1 MTL: K. Mui - RW (82, Elite)
#2 BCM: B. Djordjrvic - D (79, Elite)
#3 FLA: D. Holtby - LW (65, Top 6 F)
#4 MTL: R. Methot - D (77, Elite)
#5 ARI: D. Helm - C (75, Elite)

WPG acquire: K. Kinkaid (83)
BCM acquire: WPG 2nd (pick #45)

BCM acquire: FLA 3rd (#65)
SJS acquire: WPG 3rd (#77) & CGY 5th (#146)

COL acquire: J. Halbgewachs (83, Top 9 F)
BCM acquire: J. Ericsson (77, Top 6 F), 2022 4th (COL), 2023 5th (COL)

NYI acquire: PHI 5th (157) & BCM 7th (2023)
BCM acquire: ANA 6th (177) & NYI 6th (183)

BCM acquire: BUF 6th (192) & BUF 7th (224)
BUF acquire: BCM 6th (2023)

#8: L. Vajihollahi - D (73, Top 4 D)
#40: C. Friesen - LW (63, Top 6 F) * Gem
#45: T. Andronov - D (63, Top 4 D) * Gem
#65: T. Pesonen - C (62, Top 6 F) * Gem
#72: N. Shay - D (58, Top 6 D)
#104: L. Lysak - D (46, Elite) * Gem
#126: W. Bales - LW (50, Top 6 F)
#136: S. Henrique - C (49, Top 6 F)
#168: M. Bednarz - G (48, Starter)
#177: M. Görtz - LW (56, Elite) * Gem
#183: S. Kozlov - RW (55, Elite)
#192: O. Pivko - LW (61, Elite)
#200: G. Kilger - D (51, Elite) * Gem
#224: G. Spurgeon - D (48, Top 4 D)

Actual insane draft by me, save for that one flaw in the 3rd. Promise, did no save scumming.
Figured I would sell high on Halbgewachs who was a nightmare to type, but I kind of cultivated. But sold high for a good looking prospect.

RE-SIGN
Y. Zyuzin - D (78) - 1.015M/1 year (I need to stop offering a QO...)
*Multiple ELCs*

NOTABLE FREE AGENTS
S. Reinhart (RW) - 85
J. Morrissey (D) - 84
D. Severson (D) - 84
M. Pacioretty (LW) - 84

BCM SIGNS
A. Fortin - C (77, Top 9 F) - 900k/3 years
L. Dauphin - C (80) - 1.7M/3 years
V. Connolly - RW (80) - 1.8M/1 year
J. Armia - RW (80) - 1M/2 years
T. Jarry - G (83) - 3.2M/4 years

T. Thomson - C (82) - 3M/3 years offer sheet
Buffalo receives BCM 2nd (2023)

CHEESE
D. Hunt - C (77) - 18.4M/1 year
L. O'Connor - RW (77) - 18.4M/1 year
C. Jaros - D (78) - 18.4M/1 year

NOTABLE SIGNINGS
CHI: J. Morrissey - 5.485M/4 years
DAL: M. Pacioretty - 3.925M/5 years
OTT: D. Severson - 5.485M/5 years
LAK: S. Reinhart - 6.450M/4 years

It was my time to attack an offer sheet on capped out Buffalo (also Thompson was worth more than my 2nd, so...)
No idea how I needed 3 cheesy contracts. I manage my cap too well I guess.

FLA acquires: L. Pilut (78)
BCM acquires: 2023 4th (FLA)

(CPU offered trade)

CHI acquires: A. Iafallo (80) & 2023 3rd (MTL)
LAK acquires: C. Crawford (80) & 2023 2nd (DAL)

DAL acquires: E. Dadonov (85)
FLA acquires: J. Ronning (62, Top 4 D), 2023 1st (DAL), 2023 4th (DAL)

MTL acquires: J. Trouba (85)
WSH acquires: J. Emery (66, Top 6 F), 2023 1st (MTL), 2023 2nd (MTL)

BUF acquires: T. Van Riemsdyk (80), 2023 2nd (CAR), 2023 3rd (ARI)
CAR acquires: D. Guenther (75, Top 6 F) & 2023 3rd (BUF)

Weird trade by Buffalo...Guenther is progressing very well it seems. But they are against the cap, and they are in need of defensemen.

WPG acquire: C. Ceci (82) & 2023 3rd (LAK)
MTL acquire: D. McKenzie (64, Top 6 F) & 2023 3rd (EDM)
Ceci was just signed by MTL. Stop getting on my case about signing and trading players, game, if you do it too.

COL acquire: J. Merrill (81), 2023 3rd (OTT), 2023 4th (ARI)
ARI acquire: 2023 1st (COL)

Some interesting trades. Chicago losing a bit of value with that 80 overall swap (Crawford is old, mind).
The puzzlingly bad trade by Buffalo.
The sign and trade with Ceci.
And lastly, probably some bad value on Merrill for Colorado.

A. Lafrenière (89)T. Thompson (82)v. Kuznetsov (83)
P. Engvall (80)L. Dauphin (80)B. Connolly (80)
L. O'Connor (78)A. Barré-boulet (79)J. Armia (80)
D. Hunt (78)M. Eyssimont (78)J. Beaudin (78)
B. Byram (83)A. Kenins (84)
E. Engel (82)L. Hajek (81)
Y. Zyuzin (80)C. Jaros (79)
T. Jarry (83)
C. Pickard (80)

Rating
OFF: 90
DEF: 90
GOA: 87

Starting to get somewhere. Lafrenière progressing very well, as expected. Kenins my surprise surge, as a 3rd round pick in the 2019 draft, starting at 50 overall.

Reactions: GAMO1992

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
March - End of Playoffs 2020

The remainder of the season went about as expected for the Ottawa Senators. They finished with a total record of 21-51-10, good enough for last place in the NHL. The Senators will enter the draft lottery with the best odds at getting the first selection, and the right to draft Alexis Lafreniere.

The star of the season was Pontus Aberg. After finally getting a chance to play a prominent role, he delivered, notching 33 goals and 62 points. Brady Tkachuk exceeded his rookie year totals, putting up 47 points. Chris Tierney was also a nice surprise, notching 23 goals and 51 points, while missing 7 games.

Speaking of Chris Tierney, Ottawa announced they have extended his contract, a 5 year extension with an AAV of 3.233. Ottawa also extended Ron Hainsey for another season, at the same 3.5M he made this season.

GM Cor has already notified Mark Borowiecki, David Clarkson, Marc Methot, Matt Moulson, JG Pageau, Stuart Percy won't be brought back next season, while talks continue with Dylan Demelo and his camp, though it appears Demelo wants to test free agency.

In May, the Anaheim Ducks placed Anthony Stolarz on waivers, Stolarz had a good year in the AHL, and the Ottawa Senators claimed him off of waivers.

Around the league, there was a shocking firing in March, as Washington fired head coach Todd Reirden from his duties, and replaced him with Trent Yawney, who was with the Edmonton Oilers as an assistant coach. Calgary GM also relieved Lorne Molleken of his duties as head coach. Molleken was brought in back in December when Bill Peters was let go, and went 16-18-5 during his short stint. Calgary announced Brent Peterson as their new head coach. Peterson joined the Nashville Predators in 1998, and left the team back in 2011. Peterson also coached the Portland Winterhawks in the 90's.

Playoff Results
Dallas Stars defeat Winnipeg Jets in 7 games
Minnesota Wild defeat Nashville Predators in 6 games.
Vegas Golden Knights defeat St Louis Blues in 5 games.
Anaheim Ducks defeat Arizona Coyotes in 4 games.

Tampa Bay Lightning defeat New Jersey Devils in 5 games.
Buffalo Sabres defeat Toronto Maple Leafs in 6 games.
Columbus Blue Jackets defeat Pittsburgh Penguins in 4 games.
Philadelphia Flyers defeat New York Rangers in 5 games.

Minnesota Wild defeat Dallas Stars in 5 games.
Vegas Golden Knights defeat Anaheim Ducks in 5 games.

Tampa Bay Lightning defeat Buffalo Sabres in 6 games.
Philadelphia Flyers defeat Columbus Blue Jackets in 6 games.

Vegas Golden Knights defeat Minnesota Wild in 4 games.
Tampa Bay Lightning defeat Philadelphia Flyers in 5 games.

Tampa Bay Lightning win the 2020 Stanley Cup! defeating the Vegas Golden Knights in 4 games.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Had another post with the draft lottery, entire draft, and moves heading into July 1 done.

Went to July 1 & went to search for a player and the game crashed.

The game doesn't auto-save until you go into the 2nd day of each month, so that entire progress is lost up to June 11th when I saved after the previous post

:(

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Off-Season 2020
June 13th 2019: The Ottawa Senators have won the draft lottery! But not with the pick you'd expect. Ottawa's own pick had the best odds in the lottery, but that pick fell to 4th overall. However the pick they received from the San Jose Sharks, in the Erik Karlsson trade, won the lottery, giving Ottawa the 1st overall pick, and right to select Alexis Lafreniere. Florida moved up from the 9th pick to the 2nd overall pick, and Boston moved up from the 7th pick to the 3rd overall pick. The Ottawa Senators also announced a trade today, acquiring Pierre-Olivier Joseph from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for Anders Englund and Angus Crookshank. PO Joseph had a terrific rookie season in the AHL, notching 41 points. Anders Englund split time between the Sens AHL & NHL teams, and did well at both levels, while Crookshank was one of the top wingers in the Hockey East NCAA league. The Senators also announced the signing of unsigned CHL free agent Jocktan Chainey, from Halifax of the QMJHL. Chainey finished 2nd in voting for the best defensive defensemen in the league this season, while also posting 72 points in 64 games.

Draft Results
1st Overall - C/LW Alexis Lafreniere - Rimouski, QMJHL
4th Overall - RW/LW Alexander Holtz - Djurgarden, SHL
25th Overall - C Quinton Byfield - Sudbury, OHL
32nd Overall - LD Jake Sanderson - USNTDP, USA
*Ottawa trades pick 47 & Garret Sparks to the San Jose Sharks for Artemi Knyazev*
49th Overall - RW Brandon Coe - North Bay, OHL
80th Overall - C Dylan Peterson - USNTDP, USA
81st Overall - C Nicholas Wong - Kingston, OHL
94th Overall - LD Nikolai Burenov - Lokomotiv, KHL
*Ottawa trades picks 156 & 158 to the San Jose Sharks for pick 125*
125th Overall - C Ethan Bowen - Chilliwack, CJHL
161st Overall - C Filip Prikryl - Saint John, QMJHL
187th Overall - G Mack Guzda - Owen Sound, OHL

June 25th 2019: Ottawa announced Alexis Lafreniere and Alexander Holtz sign their entry-level contracts

July 1st 2019: three general managers were fired, as Calgary fired Brad Treliving, Washington fired Brian McLellan, & Chicago fired Stan Bowman.

Free Agency!

- Chicago trades Slater Koekkoek to Colorado for a 2021 3rd & a 2021 4th
- Anaheim Ducks General Manager Bob Murray retired
- Washington has signed Corey Crawford to a 2 year deal with an AAV of 5.044M
- Columbus has signed Braden Holtby to a 6 year deal with an AAV of 10.1M
- Ottawa has signed Jaroslav Halak to a 2 year deal with an AAV of 4.8M
- Ottawa has re-signed Dylan Demelo to a 3 year deal with an AAV of 3.3M
- Minnesota has hired Randy Carlyle as their new head coach. Bruce Boudreau retired at the end of the season
- Ottawa has signed Vince Hinostroza to a 1 year deal, with an AAV of 2.0M
- Colorado has signed Jake Muzzin to a 2 year deal with an AAV of 9.7M (not a typo lol)
- Dallas has signed Troy Stetcher to a 6 year deal, with an AAV of 3.082M
- Washington has hired Ron Francis as their new General Manager
- Pittsburgh has traded Erik Gudbranson to Florida in exchange for the rights to Josh Brown, a 2021 4th & a 2022 4th
- Tampa Bay Lightning have traded Alex Killorn to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for the rights to Josh Jacobs
- Toronto has traded James Neal BACK to Calgary, in exchange for the rights to Jack Finley, a 2022 4th & a 2021 5th
- Buffalo has signed Evgeny Dadonov to a 3 year deal, with an AAV of 9.072M
- Calgary has hired Chris Drury as their new General Manager
- Carolina has signed Mike Hoffman to a 3 year deal, with an AAV of 8.377M
- Montreal has signed Josh Anderson to a 7 year deal, with an AAV of 4.23M
- Pittsburgh GM Jim Ruthorford has retired.
- Islanders GM Lou Lamoriello has retired
- Chicago has hired Craig Heisinger as their new General Manager
- Ottawa has signed Markus Granlund to a 3 year deal with an AAV of 9.278M
- Calgary has signed Thomas Griess to a 2 year deal, with an AAV of 4.7M
- Detroit has signed Sami Vatanen to a 7 year deal, with an AAV of 8.15M
- Arizona has signed Tim Heed to a 5 year deal, with an AAV of 2.99M
- Detroit has signed Marco Scandella to a 5 year deal, with an AAV of 2.95M
- Anaheim has hired Stan Bowman as their new General Manager
- Edmonton GM Ken Holland has retired
- New York Islanders have hired Chris Lamoriello has their new General Manager
- Ottawa have signed Taylor Hall to a 7 year deal, with an AAV of 10M
- Edmonton have signed Wayne Simmonds to a 2 year deal with an AAV of 4.663M
- Detroit has signed Jimmy Vesey to a 7 year deal with an AAV of 3.81M
- Pittsburgh has hired Pierre Dorion has their new General Manager
- Ottawa has signed Ben Lovejoy to a 1 year deal, worth 700K
- Vegas has signed Zach Kassian to a 2 year deal, with an AAV of 800K
- Anaheim has signed Travis Hamonic to a 5 year deal, with an AAV of 2.81M
- Edmonton has hired Lance Nethery as their new General Manager
- Anaheim has signed Mike Green to a 1 year deal, worth 9.425M
- Ottawa has traded Nikita Zaitsev to the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for Alex Chiasson & a 2021 4th
- Florida GM Dale Tallon has retired.
- Nashville GM David Poile has retired.
- Florida has named Brad Pascall as their new General Manager
- Minnesota has traded Nick Seeler to the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for Jordan Oesterle
- Nashville has hired Laurence Gilman as their new General Manager.
- Chicago has traded Andrew Shaw to Nashville in exchange for the rights to Martin Lang
- St Louis has traded Jake Allen to Vancouver in exchange for Nikolai Goldobin, a 2021 4th & a 2022 4th
- Tampa Bay Lightning has traded Tyler Johnson to Philadelphia in exchange for the rights to Olle Lycksell & Robert Haag
- Toronto has traded Zach Hyman to Colorado in exchange for a 2022 3rd, a 2022 4th & the rights to Ryder Rolston
- Dallas has signed Joel Armia to a 4 year deal, with an AAV of 2.34M
- Pittsburgh has traded Jack Johnson to the Buffalo Sabres for the rights to Lleyton Moore

Reactions: Serac and GAMO1992

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Training Camp 2020
August 18th 2020: Ottawa Senators have announced they have signed Patrick Berglund to a 1 year, 975K contract. Berglund returned to the NHL last season with Columbus, notching 23 points in 77 games.

August 19th 2020: Buffalo has traded unsigned RFA Jake McCabe to the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for Dominik Kahun

August 30th 2020: Ottawa have announced they have signed Matt Irwin, Jay Bouwmeester, & Ben Chiarot to PTO's. Unsigned RFA Christian Jaros will also attend camp on a PTO, while a contract is worked out. Ottawa also announced they have signed Shane Pinto to an entry-level contract. Pinto decided to leave school.

September 2nd 2020: Ottawa has announced that Taylor Hall & Ron Hainsey will serve as alternative captains this season, while Thomas Chabot will replace Marc Methot as captain of the team.

September 7th 2020: With Jacob Markstrom and Jake Allen ahead of him, Vancouver ended up trading Thatcher Demko & Brandon Sutter to the Ottawa Senators in exchange for Kris Russell

September 13th 2020: Ottawa and RFA Christian Jaros have agreed to a three year deal which carries an AAV of 1.832M

September 23rd 2019: The NHL Season Preview was released today. The Washington Capitals, Philadelphia Flyers, Pittsburgh Penguins, St Louis Blues & Boston Bruins were ranked 1-5. The Ottawa Senators were ranked 26th. The LA Kings were ranked 31st.

Ottawa finished the pre-season with a record of 4-2-1. They announced their opening day roster;

Taylor Hall - Mikael Granlund - Bobby Ryan
Alexis Lafreniere - Chris Tierney - Alexander Holtz
Brady Tkachuk - Colin White - Pontus Aberg
Alex Forementon - Drake Batherson - Alex Chiasson
Extra; Patrik Berglund

Thomas Chabot - Dylan Demelo
Max Lajoie - Erik Brannstrom
Pierre-Olivier Joseph - Christian Jaros
Extra; Jordie Benn, Ron Hainsey

Jaroslav Halak
Thatcher Demko​

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Been 2-3 months since last time I played.

did they update with the recent signing ? and can you start in the 2019-2020 season ?

nope, EA never updates the rosters past the start of the playoffs.
and also nope. you could just turn trades off completely for year 1, and just sim right on thru to the free agency period, but other than that. nah. HAVE TO start in 2018/19

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Fun little factorino. Thanks to my writing all of this down, I can see how my gem prospects are progressing each year. Maybe I should follow what my scouts deem busts sometimes...

2019 (drafted - Start of 22/23 season):
(#34) L. Likhachev: 59 - 74
(#83) A. Kenins: 50 - 84
(#109) R. Darby: 49 - 74
2020:
(#39) C. Bois: 62 - 73
(#161) L. Graham: 52 - 76
(#163) S. Oliver: 49 - 62
2021:
(#46) E. Battaglia: 61 - 70

(20 games into the season)
DET acquire: C. Pickard (80) & 2024 2nd (BCM)
BCM acquire: 2023 2nd (DET) & 2023 3rd (DET)
CPU offered trade. I take the risk with the 2nd round swap because Detroit has dreadful goaltending (Pickard will be their starter), and they currently have the same record as I do, and I need a 2nd for this year.

WPG acquire: L. Dauphin (80)
BCM acquire: 2023 2nd (NSH) & 2023 6th (WPG)

CPU offered trade, but I switched giving a 5th to receiving a 6th.

CGY acquire: P. Engvall (80) & N. Shay (58, Top 6 D)
BCM acquire: 2024 2nd (CGY) & 2023 3rd (CGY)

NYR acquire: B. Pesce (81), 2024 2nd (CAR), 2024 3rd (CAR)
CAR acquire: K. Hayes (81) & 2024 2nd (NYR)

NJD acquire: J. Spurgeon (83) & 2024 3rd (MIN)
MIN acquire: B. Kozhevnikov (76, Top 4 D) & 2024 3rd (NJD)

WPG acquire: J. Tuulola (79), 2023 4th (FLA), 2023 5th (COL)
BCM acquire: 2023 3rd (WPG) & 2023 3rd (LAK)

CPU offered trade which I loved. AHL defender for me, to upgrade 2 draft picks.

WPG acquire: M. Matheson (84) & 2024 3rd (FLA)
FLA acquire: Z. Prince (60, Top 9 F), 2024 1st (WPG), 2023 2nd (EDM)

TOR acquire: J. Zucker (84)
BOS acquire: C. Lindgren (79), 2023 1st (TOR), 2024 7th (TOR)

TOR acquire: T. Hirose (79), 2024 2nd (DET), 2024 2nd (BCM)
DET acquire: K. Korczak (75, top 4 D), 2024 2nd (TOR), 2024 4th (TOR)

OTT acquire: D. Hamilton (86) & 2024 3rd (NYI)
NYI acquire: G. Hawley (67, Top 6 F), 2023 1st (OTT), 2024 1st (OTT)

CAR acquire: T. Krug (86) & K. Turris (84)
NSH acquire: 2023 1st (CAR), 2024 1st (CAR), ??? 2 other assets. Probably...: A. Brule (65, Top 6 F), D. Sarich (72, Top 4 D)

BCM acquire: A. Lundell (76, Top 6 F) & 2023 5th (DET)
DET acquire: B. Connolly (80), 2023 3rd (BCM), 2023 3rd (WPG), 2023 3rd (TOR)

CPU offered trade with lots of draft pick tweaking. They really wanted that 2024 CGY 2nd.

ANA acquire: B. Pesce (81) & 2024 3rd (CAR)
NYR acquire: D. Shore (79) & 2024 2nd (ANA)

CAR acquire: A. Henrique (84), J. Silfverberg (82), B. Pesce (81)
ANA acquire: T. Owens (69, Top 6 F), H. Has (72, Top 4 D), (2 other assets)

CHI acquire: D. Orlov (84) & M. Kempny (81)
WSH acquire: N. Beaudin (78, Top 4 D), D. Ricci (66, Top 6 D), 2023 1st (CHI)

NSH acquire: J. Mallet (56, Elite, E. Luttinen (56, Top 6 F, 2023 5th (DET)
BCM acquire: 2024 2nd (NSH), 2024 3rd (NSH), 2025 3rd (NSH)

MTL acquire: D. Nurse (84) & 2024 3rd (EDM)
EDM acquire: D. McKenzie (67, Top 6 F), 2023 3rd (EDM), 2024 2nd (MTL)

Pesce got traded 3 times at the deadline, eventually winding up...back at the team that initially traded him, Carolina.

At the trade deadline BCM sits 5th last, with 58 points, tied with EDM. NYR sits dead last with 50 points, with MIN right by them with 52.
SJS currently lead the league with 91 points, the next closest being TOR with 86.

Y. Zyuzin - D - (80) 2m/3 years
D. Vladar - G - (75) 1m/1 years

The season ends with BCM finishing 6th last with a slightly respectable 79 points, tied with Boston but less ROW.
The NYR finish dead last with 68 points, followed by MIN and VGK with 71 and 73 points respectively.
TOR wins the presidents trophy with 114 points.

A. Lafrenière leads BCM mightily in points with 89 with V. Kuznetsov second at 76 points.
A. Lafrenière carried the offense with 48 goals, the next closest being J. Armia squeaking out a 20 goal season.

A. Matthews leads the league with 92 points. A. Lafrenière came second with 89, and third was J. Dillman with 88. Dillman being the 5th overall pick by Ottawa in the make believe 2018 draft.
T. Seguin and P. Laine had the most goals, both with 49. B. Marchand, A. Matthews, and A. Lafrenière all had 48.

STL vs WPG (WPG wins 4-3)
DAL vs COL (COL wins 4-3)
VAN vs CGY (VAN wins 4-0)
SJS vs LAK (SJS wins 4-3)

CBJ vs NJD (CBJ wins 4-1)
PHI vs BUF (PHI wins 4-2)
TBL vs OTT (TBL wins 4-1)
TOR vs CAR (CAR wins 4-2)
--------
WPG vs COL (WPG wins 4-3)
SJS vs VAN (SJS wins 4-3)

PHI vs CBJ (PHI wins 4-1)
TBL vs CAR (TBL wins 4-0)
--------
SJS vs WPG (SJS wins 4-2)

PHI vs TBL (PHI wins 4-2)
--------
SJS vs PHI (PHI wins 4-3)

The Philadelphia Flyers win the cup as J. Voracek led the way winning the Conn Smythe, who had 15 goals and 9 assists in 24 games.
K. Mui of the Montreal Canadiens wins the Calder. He was selected 1st overall in the 2022 draft. He had 31 goals and 12 assists.

Reactions: GAMO1992

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
NYR get to pick first. However both EDM and BOS jump up to pick #2 and #3 respectively.
BCM drops to pick #7.
Of note, WSH get to pick #11, #12 (from MTL), and #15 (from CHI).

P. Bergeron - 75 ovr - 7.050M/1 year left on contract
B. Wheeler - 83 ovr
A. Radulov - 84 ovr - 6.860M/1 year left
R. Suter - 76 ovr - 7.540M/1 year left
M. Green - 75 ovr - 4.155M/2 years left
A. Edler - 77 ovr - 4.330M/1 year left
A. Stralman - 74 ovr - 4.050M/2 years left
J. Braun - 81 ovr - 4.095M/1 year left

Bergeron had a heavy decline over the year. Very surprised Radulov retired as an 84 overall player. Green and Stralman retiring is very handy for their teams...

#1 NYR: R. Davidsson - LW (79, Elite)
#2 EDM: T. Hagelin - D (78, Elite)
#3 BOS: S. Gervaischouinard - C (74, Elite)
#4 MIN: L. Samuelsson - D (77, Elite)
#5 VGK: M. Archibald - RW (75, Elite)

DET acquire: BCM 1st (#7) & BCM 4th (#102)
BCM acquire: DET 1st (#14) & TOR 2nd (2024)

EDM acquire: NSH 2nd (#48)
BCM acquire: EDM 3rd (#68), EDM 5th (#132), EDM 4th (2024)

VAN acquire: LAK 3rd (#83) & CGY 3rd (#85)
BCM acquire: VAN 2nd (2024)

CBJ acquire: BCM 5th (#134)
BCM acquire: NYI 6th (#165) & CBJ 6th (#185)

PIT acquire: D. Kubalík (77)
BCM acquire: PIT 7th (#201) & PIT 7th (2024)

#14: J. Rowe - LW (63, Elite
#46: P. Goalie - G (58, Franchise)
#68: D. Reasoner - D (63, Top 4 D) * Gem
#78: I. Khudobin - LW (62, Top 9 F)
#132: K. Ray - D (57, Top 6 D)
#165: B. Christie - G (47, Elite)
#185: P. Lalime - RW (48, Top 6 F)
#189: J. Smits - RW (62, Elite)
#201: P. Paris - G (54, Starter)
#220: S. Sadikov - G (58, Starter)

Fun fact, I'm the only one in the 1st round to draft an Elite prospect outside the top 5. Thanks scouts.
Notable picks: ANA @ 105 drafted an Elite player.
If I traded back or traded picks altogether, it meant there was absolutely nobody in the vicinity that I was comfortable selecting.

RE-SIGN:
A. Kenins - D (86) - 6m/7 years
S. Steen - C (76) - 950k/2 years
C. Hughes - (71) - 900k/3 years
Y. Radulov - D (74) - 850k/3 years
K. Forster - D (71) - 850k/3 years

NOTABLE FREE AGENTS
C. Hellebuyck (G) - 91
M. Jones (G) - 88

W. Nylander (RW) - 91
E. Lindholm (RW) - 86
W. Butcher (D) - 85
O. Bjorkstrand (RW) - 84

BCM SIGNS
Y. Sharangovich (C) - 77 - 950k/3 years
L. Hawel (C) - 75 - 800k/3 years
J. Virtanen (RW) - 80 - 1.850m/4 years
A. Shaw (RW) - 80 - 1.7m/2 years
E. Malkin (C) - 80 - 2m/1 year
(Fun fact, Malkin regressed to a 78 immediately after agreeing to that contract. Cool, thanks.)

R. Gorges (LW) - 57 - 800k/3 years
Gorges is an Elite prospect and nobody was offering to sign him after a month, so I threw a near league minimum contract his way and he accepted much to my surprise.

CHEESE
J. Abdelkader (LW) - 77 - 18.9m/1 year
Z. Smith (C) - 78 - 18.9m/1 year

BCM EXTENSIONS
B. Byram - D (86) - 6m/7 years
A. Lafrenière - LW (91) 12m/8 years

NOTABLE SIGNINGS
MIN: O. Bjorkstrand - 5.905m/4 yeard
FLA: W. Nylander - 12.705m/6 years
ARI: C. Hellebuyck - 8.385m/7 years
WPG: M. Jones - 4.990m/4 years
NSH: E. Lindholm - 7.015/5 years
WSH: W. Butler - 5.985m/4 years

MTL acquire: D. Bokk (73, Top 6 F) & STL 3rd (2024)
STL acquire: B. Pesce (81) & EDM 3rd (2024)

BCM acquire: J. Pavelski (78), SJS 4th (2024), SJS 7th (2025)
SJS acquire: PIT 7th (2024)

Finally found me a new cap dump.

CGY acquire: V. Arvidsson (85)
NSH acquire: M. Read (74, Starter) & CGY 1st (2024)

CBJ acquire: N. Backstrom & WSH 4th (2024)
WSH acquire: CBJ 1st (2024) & CBJ 4th (2024)

VAN acquire: A. Athanasiou (85), J.T. compher (79), DET 4th (2024), DET 5th (2024)
DET acquire: E. Cassels (70, Top 6 F), T. Lees (74, Top 4 D), VAN 3rd (2024)

BCM acquire: K. Dach (81, Top 6 F)
NYI acquire: L. Hajek (81, Top 4 D), S. Sadikov (60, Starter), K. Ray (57, Top 6 D) VAN 2nd (2024)

Pesce, the man of a thousand trades. Atleast it took MTL a few days to trade him...
That VAN/DET trade is interesting. I like the pieces going Detroit's way, but athanasiou is a good player.

A. Lafrenière (91)T. Thompson (84)v. Kuznetsov (87)
A. Stranges (81)K. Dach (81)J. Armia (81)
J. Abdelkader (77)J. Ericsson (80)J. Virtanen (80)
J. Pavelski (77)A. Barré-Boulet (79)A. Shaw (80)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
B. Byram (86)A. Kenins (86)
B. Bjordjevic (83)V. Krejci (82)
E. Engel (82)Y. Zyuzin (80)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
T. Jarry (83)
D. Vladar (76)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Rating:
OFF: 93
DEF: 93
GOA: 86

Last edited:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
2023/2024 Season

Kind of curious about the franchise players in the league. Let's track them a little?

C. McDavid (26) - 95 overall - Edmonton Oilers (Hopeful)
U. Janssen (21) - 91 overall - NY Islanders (Hopeful)
E. Pettersson (24) - 95 overall - Vancouver Canucks (Champion)
D. Doughty (33) - 93 overall - LA Kings (Hopeful)
N. Kucherov (30) - 93 overall - TB Lightning (Champion)

Fun fact, Pittsburgh is the only team in the league without any Elite skaters whatsoever. No elite prospects, and the top guys have regressed enough to no longer be deemed Elite. Crosby is currently a Top 9 F, 84 overall, at 36 years of age.

MTL acquire: J. Armia (81) & 2024 2nd (CGY)
BCM acquire: 2025 1st (MTL)

CPU offered trade, with pick trimming.

WSH acquire: N. Zadorov (85), 2025 4th (COL), 2025 5th (COL)
COL acquire: C. Hudon (79), 2025 1st (WSH), 2025 2nd (WSH)

FLA acquire: J. Toews (87), 2025 3rd (CHI), 2025 4th (CHI)
CHI acquire: J. Pettinger (74, Top 6 F) & 2024 2nd (FLA)

BCM acquire: M. Duchene (86), A. Burakovsky (82), M. Neuvirth (81), 2024 5th (NJD)
NJD acquire: B. Christie (53, Elite), D. Vladar (76), 2024 3rd (BCM)

MTL acquire: E. Johnson (81), 2024 2nd (DAL), 2024 3rd (DAL)
DAL acquire: J. Armia (81) & 2024 2nd (CGY)

???????????

FLA acquire: J. Gardiner (82), 2025 2nd (OTT), 2025 3rd (OTT)
OTT acquire: Z. Pearson (75, Top 6 F) & B. Welch (62, Top 6 F)

ARI acquire: J. Ho-Sang (85) & A. Killorn (81)
NYI acquire: I. Arkhipov (68, Top 4 D) , N. Maier (63, AHL Starter), 2025 1st (ARI)

ARI acquire: B. Gallagher (84) & S. Wilson (80)
NSH acquire: T. Akerstrom (75, Top 6 F) & K. Bahl (77, Top 4 D)

PHI acquire: J. Beaudin (79)
BCM acquire: 2025 3rd (PHl)

CPU offered trade

DAL acquire: C. Miller (83) & M. Stone (79)
NJD acquire: T. Dumba (67, Top 9 F) & 2025 1st (DAL)

No idea what MTL is doing with those trades? They Offered their 1st, then turn around and trade the exact same assets for a worse deal?
Fun fact, Nashville has 5 draft picks in the 2024 draft by the deadline. Three of them are 1sts. They are currently 4th place in the west.

BCM have bought into bettering their team as they are 31-21-11 by the deadline, sitting 3rd in the Pacific division. They acquired players with a little term (save Neuvirth), and used a good goalie prospect to acquire them, when they have an even better prospect in the system.

I. Likhachev (78) - 1m/7 years
Even if he stagnates, 1m is par for the course type of money for that level of player. I can only hope it becomes a steal of a contract.

The season ends and BCM have done it! They've managed their first playoff birth, amassing 100 points, good for 4th in the west, and 8th in the league.
DET and NJD end the season tied with 72 points for last. DET due to row, is dead last.
TOR for the second straight year win the president's trophy, topping the league with 108 points this season.

A. Lafrenière once again leads BCM points-wise with 101 points. The next closest was Kuznetsov with 79.
A. Lafrenière also leads the team in goals with a whopping 60. The next closest was a tie between 3 other players with....get this....17 goals a piece.
Well we know how BCM managed to get to playoffs...thanks Lafrenière.
Lafrenière had a ridiculous 20.5% shooting percentage.

A. Lafrenière also led the league in points with his 101 points. MacKinnon was the next closest with 98.
And of course A. Lafrenière led the league in goals with his 60. Next with 56 was Tarasenko.

What of our franchise players?
C. McDavid: 42g - 30a - 72p
U. Janssen: 39g - 37a - 76p
E. Pettersson: 32g - 43a - 75p

N. Kucherov: 40g - 42a - 82p
D. Doughty: 8g - 37a - 45p

The forwards all led their teams in scoring at the very least.

COL vs DAL (DAL wins 4-3)
ARI vs CGY (CGY wins 4-2)
LAK vs BCM (LAK wins 4-3)
VAN vs NSH (VAN wins 4-1)

CBJ vs CAR (CBJ wins 4-0)
PHI vs BUF (BUF wins 4-0)
TBL vs FLA ( FLA wins 4-2)
TOR vs OTT (TOR wins 4-2)
--------
DAL vs CGY (CGY wins 4-1)
VAN vs LAK (VAN wins 4-1)

CBJ vs BUF (CBJ wins 4-1)
TOR vs FLA (TOR wins 4-0)
--------
VAN vs CGY (VAN wins 4-2)

TOR vs CBJ (CBJ wins 4-2)
--------
VAN vs CBJ (CBJ wins 4-2)

Columbus wins their first cup, backstopped by a totally still there S. Bobrovsky who won the Conn Smythe.
A. Lafrenière led BCM in points in their first playoff appearance, getting 8 points in 7 games. Duchene and Kuznetsov both had 6 points for second. 3 of the first 4 games were OT losses for BCM, all 2-1 games. The difference was secondary scoring it seems.

A. Lafrenière won a total of 4 trophies for BCM. Winning the Hart and Ted Lindsay, alongside his Art Ross and Maurice Richard trophies.
S. Steel won the Calder. Who I guess finally played his first full season in the NHL at 25/26 years old, with ANA. He had 11 goals and 44 assists.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
1 thing I've noticed in franchise mode is the 'Rookie' Eligibility is often times....very weird. Like you'll have clear cut rookies at 18/19 not be considered a rook and then they have a better season then the other 'considered' rooks and never win the Calder. Even moreso with your own drafted Rookies.
Anyone else noticed this? (since rebuilding is quite popular to do)

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Haven't necessarily noticed that really, but outside of my current playthrough, I never really tracked many things. For the most part, I typically see 20-30 goal scoring rookies win it. Which definitely means I have seen a lack of D prospects win it.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
2024 Draft & Offseason

SJS wins the draft lottery moving to 1st. NYI also moves up to pick 2nd. Detroit finally lands 3rd.

J. Pavelski - 73 overall - BCM - 5.795M x 2 left
P. Kessel - 86 overall - PIT - 7.740M x 4 left
J. Toews - 87 overall - FLA
M. Vlasic - 75 overall - SJS - 7M x 1 left
J. Demers - 80 overall - NJD - 3.220M x 2 left
H. Lundqvist - 78 overall - OTT - 3M x 1 left
Extremely surprised Kessel and Toews both retired. Kind of lucky on the Pavelski retirement.

#1 SJS: P. Leach - LW (80, Elite)
#2 NYI: K. Watters - LW (78, Elite)
#3 DET: R. Bradley - LW (77, Elite)
#4 NJD: R. Riefers - D (77, Elite)
#5 VGK: W. Scavello - RW (80, Elite)

PHI acquire: M. Duchene (86) & A. Burakovsky (82)
BCM acquire:T. Konecny (84), T. Mair (75, Top 6 F), PHI 4th (#124)

NYR acquire: A. Shaw (79) & NSH 2nd (#52)
BCM acquire: ANA 2nd (#43)

LAK acquire: A. Barré-Boulet (79) & PHI 4th (#124)
BCM acquire: VGK 3rd (#67)

TBL acquire: A. Fortin (77)
BCM acquire: TBL 7th (#218) & TBL 7th (2025)

#24: M. Erskine - C (64, Top 6 F)
#43: B. Reinprecht - LW (58, Top 6 F)
#62: X. Guerra - C (58, Top 6 F) * Gem
#67: N. Peat - C (55, Elite)
#84: D. Kozhanov - C (63, Top 6 F)
#101: B. Nemisz - D (64, Top 4 D) * Gem
#105: D. Nickles - G (61, Elite) * Gem
#106: T. Skuin - D (64, Top 4 D)
#120: M. Enroth - RW (53, Elite)
#130: M. Frank - G (59, Starter)
#152: P. Kytnar - LW (51, Top 6 F)
#184: M. Demitra - G (54, Elite) * Gem
#216: M. Holmstrom - D (59, Elite)
#218: H. Foote - C (48, Top 6 F)

NJD #34: S. Pearce - G (66, Franchise)
BUF #79: R. Davidson - G (58, Elite)
ARI #91: X. Zanetti - G (56, Elite)
LAK #185: M. Bartkowski - G (47, Elite)
MIN #208: T. Berg - C (48, Top 6 F)
NJD draft a franchise goalie. Much needed for them I believe. They've been struggling with goaltending.
Another strong draft by me however. Didn't miss a ton of quality through the rounds.

RE-SIGN:
V. Kuznetsov - RW (88) - 7.2M x 8
K. Dach - C (83) - 2.9M x 5
R. Darby - RW (79) - 1.3M x 3
A. Lundell - C (79) - 1.7M x 2
C. Bois - D (77) - 1M x 8
*Almost too many ELC's

EXTENSIONS:
A. Stranges - LW (82) - 2.5M x 5
T. Thompson - C (84) - 3.6M x 4

NOTABLE FREE AGENTS:
M. Barzal (C) - 91
B. Marchand (LW) - 88
A. Ovechkin (LW) - 86
A. Athanasiou (C) - 85
J. Skinner (LW) - 85

My first year as a hopeful playoff team. I'll consider my ability to sign some slightly better free agents.
BCM SIGNS
M. Mamin (LW) - 82 - 2.5M x 2
M. Neuvirth - G (81) - 1.5M x 1*
*Signed right before the start of the season

CHEESE?
A. Ovechkin (LW) - 86 - 18.9M x 1
After a month of nobody signing Ovechkin, I decided to offer him a 1 year max contract. Consider it a NMC.

NOTABLE SIGNINGS
PIT: M. Barzal - 12.375M x 7
WSH: A. Athanasiou - 5.345M x 5
CAR: J. Skinner - 4.855M x 5
NSH: B. Marchand - 6.270M x 1

NSH acquire: J. Anderson (82)
MIN acquire: 2025 2nd (NSH)

DAL acquire: V. Rask (82) & B. Jenner (80)
MIN acquire: 2025 2nd (DAL) & 2025 2nd (DET)

BUF acquire: B. Pesce (81) & A. Suomela (80)
STL acquire: T. Clapperton (64, Top 4 D) & 2025 2nd (BUF)

COL acquire: Y. Zyuzin (80, Top 4 D), S. Steen (79, Top 6 F), M. Korobov (71, Top 4 D), P. Lalime (52, Top 6 F)
BCM acquire: 2025 1st (COL) & 2025 1st (WSH)
Pretty boring offseason for a change. Pretty awful value on that trade for DAL. With it however, MIN is coming into the season with five 2nd round picks.
Pesce continues his journey around the league.
I desperately needed to start freeing up contracts, so I traded some players not progressing like I want, or i don't see being too great. Both Zyuzin and Steen stagnated pretty hard on me.

A. Lafrenière (92)T. Konecny (84)V. Kuznetsov (88)
A. Stranges (83)T. Thompson (84)A. Ovechkin (85)
M. Mamin (82)K. Dach (83)R. Darby(81)
A. Lundell (81)J. Ericsson (82)J. Virtanen (80)
B. Byram (86)A. Kenins (86)
B. Bjordjevic (85)V. Krejci (84)
M. Louhivaara (84)E. Engel (82)
T. Jarry (83)
M. Neuvirth (81)

OFF: 95
DEF: 95
GOA: 87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad