Franchise Hockey Manager 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
For the UI, it's just that everything seems thrown together. The different tabs aren't well separated and it's difficult to find things as they're not always where you expect them.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I'm really having a great time playing this while waiting for the next EHM update. I think this might be even slightly better than EHM even though they both have aspects that they do better than the other.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm really having a great time playing this while waiting for the next EHM update. I think this might be even slightly better than EHM even though they both have aspects that they do better than the other.

At the moment, it is.
But the corrupting of save games is more than just a bit annoying.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Purchased FHM when it first came out. Really felt like I got burned, especially paying full price. Went back to EHM/Steam even though that game has some long-standing issues.

FHM 2 is on sale now and I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting or if I should wait for FHM 3... thoughts?

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Purchased FHM when it first came out. Really felt like I got burned, especially paying full price. Went back to EHM/Steam even though that game has some long-standing issues.

FHM 2 is on sale now and I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting or if I should wait for FHM 3... thoughts?

It could be because I had been playing EHM for years before FHM came out, but I never even open FHM - I don't like the look, I don't like the interface, I don't like anything about it really. This will most likely be the last version of FHM I ever buy. That doesn't mean it isn't good and maybe people who play it more will have better answers for you. But for me, EHM is what I always have and what I always will play.

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
The reason I lost interest in FHM 2 wasn't exactly its fault.
After playing OOTP so much, I expect FHM to have the same UI, options and features.

Not having an import/export for online leagues was killer for me.

But the thing is, I'm not upset with the FHM team or the product.
It's still a good game where you can get lost for hours.

OOTP is what it is because it's had years and years of refinement.
I have no doubt FHM will reach the same level of greatness.

Now if only their developers would give me a boxing game similar to OOTP.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Wait for 3.

brentdog

Dec 9, 2015
Have all the bugs and kinks been worked out here?

Depends on what you mean by bugs and kinks... if you're asking whether it crashes or freezes in the way that FHM1 did, then no, it doesn't do that any more and thus they've been worked out.

If however you're asking whether or not the AI is up to speed and there aren't unbalanced trades etc. then the answer is probably no in all honesty. However, I'd argue that EHM suffers from the same flaws and arguably has a much worse issue in terms of the easily exploitable tactics engine, so it's probably a little bit unfair to use that as a stick to beat FHM2 with.

brentdog

Dec 9, 2015

I'm a big FHM2 fan, but if you haven't taken the plunge yet, you might as well hold on till FHM3 is released... the second release was such a quantum leap forward over the first version that there's no reason not to expect a similar level of improvement between FHM2 and FHM3.

brentdog

Dec 9, 2015
The iNHL is currently recruiting GMs to join us in the first full 30 team online FHM2 league.

We are a very active group so would ideally like any potential GM's to be so as well.

Many of our GM's write articles to create en enhanced level of immersion and blockbuster trade talks are always ongoing. Among our other features are live streams of games, an iNHL twitter feed and a Skype group for ease of communication, all of which have fostered a great 'community spirit' as a result.

Our second season is just drawing to a close with the entry draft around the corner, so it's an exciting time to be joining the league!

At the moment the Columbus Blue Jackets are available and they will be allocated on a "first come, first serve†basis, so if you are at all interested please check out our twitter feed @iNHL_info or send me a PM.

Whilst participation in the iNHL is 100% free, please note that you must own a purchased copy of Franchise Hockey Manager 2 in order to play.

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2010
Where did you guys see that there would be a FHM3 ? I'm searching on google but can't find anything..

And do you guys know when it will be released approximately ?

Thanks !!

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Where did you guys see that there would be a FHM3 ? I'm searching on google but can't find anything..

And do you guys know when it will be released approximately ?

Thanks !!
There's no set date but I did read an article where they stated the team had plans to make a yearly installment like their baseball series

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2010
Thank you for the answers guys.

That's what I was fearing.. I've never played any Hockey Manager but I decided that I would try one. If the new FHM would come out in a month or so I wouldn't bother buying one right now, I would wait for the new game to come out but since there's no fixed date I guess I will have to buy one right now.

Debating EHM vs FHM now, any good arguments for FHM guys ? :laugh:

Thanks again for the answer !!

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
Thank you for the answers guys.

That's what I was fearing.. I've never played any Hockey Manager but I decided that I would try one. If the new FHM would come out in a month or so I wouldn't bother buying one right now, I would wait for the new game to come out but since there's no fixed date I guess I will have to buy one right now.

Debating EHM vs FHM now, any good arguments for FHM guys ? :laugh:

Thanks again for the answer !!

The main reason I chose FHM2 over EHM is two-fold:
1. It has online leagues with full customization; ie fictional teams, players, structure, etc.
2. It's from the same company as OOTP so you know given a few years, the product is going to be rock-solid. I'd like to support them as much as possible so they get there faster.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010

That is because you did get burned.

I pre-purchased the first version to support it and they way overpromised and underdelivered. Like in a huge way.

It was so lousy I barely played it at all and I'm not buying it again.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
The main reason I chose FHM2 over EHM is two-fold:
1. It has online leagues with full customization; ie fictional teams, players, structure, etc.
2. It's from the same company as OOTP so you know given a few years, the product is going to be rock-solid. I'd like to support them as much as possible so they get there faster.

Sorry, but the argument Nr. 2 is pointless. What do you think, is SI Games?

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
Sorry, but the argument Nr. 2 is pointless. What do you think, is SI Games?

But EHM will never give us what OOTP/FHM can and will;
- full online leagues.
- fictional teams and players.

And FHM's simulator isn't that far off from EHM's engine.

I'm putting my money on the horse that's going to finish first before too long.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
But EHM will never give us what OOTP/FHM can and will;
- full online leagues.
- fictional teams and players.

And FHM's simulator isn't that far off from EHM's engine.

I'm putting my money on the horse that's going to finish first before too long.
Never heard of Football Manager? It's the gold standard of sports management games.

I've been buying both so far, but haven't really played much of either. We all waited so long for one hockey manager game that I really want to support both as much as I can, even if I'm not over the moon with either.

BogsDiamond

Anybody get 2 U yet?
Mar 16, 2008
Never heard of Football Manager? It's the gold standard of sports management games.

I've been buying both so far, but haven't really played much of either. We all waited so long for one hockey manager game that I really want to support both as much as I can, even if I'm not over the moon with either.

I've never played it. And I don't know much about soccer.
But I've heard so many great things about it, I've contemplated buying it.
The whole world of soccer is just so confusing to me. Transfer windows, jr clubs, loaning players.... it sounds really cool, but I think it would take me 10 years to figure out how to run a club, haha.

With EHM, I really do like that game. It does a lot of things well, but it also has it's flaws.
Considering how many iterations there's been of EHM with some of the same issues, I think FHM has a real chance of passing it as the golden standard.
Plus, it looks like FHM will be releasing a new version on an annual basis. That's great news too.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
If any hockey simulator can get to the depth FM has, I'd spend $100 on it.

I know crap about soccer, but I try the demos out now and again and it is amazing. I just have no clue what any of it means!

I'm just hoping one of them to get to OOTP baseball's level at this point.

But EHM, even before the update was still the best and FHM has done nothing to change that.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
If any hockey simulator can get to the depth FM has, I'd spend $100 on it.

I know crap about soccer, but I try the demos out now and again and it is amazing. I just have no clue what any of it means!

I'm just hoping one of them to get to OOTP baseball's level at this point.

But EHM, even before the update was still the best and FHM has done nothing to change that.

Haha, that's how I feel whenever I play OOTP.
I've worked with both NHL EHM (not this version, but first three) and FHM and they both have a lot of potential and could be amazing games a few years down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad