Franchise Hockey Manager 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCR86

May 29, 2014
Agreed. Having both developers produce high quality games is for the benefit of all. I'm proud to be able to support both.

For those that don't know yet, FHM 2 just dropped their first update. With it, I'm even more stoked for FHM 2 because they incorporated something I suggested on their forum into the update. They've earned lots of goodwill from me for the very minor adjustment. Huge shout out to JeffR for bringing it to the attention of the team and making it happen.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
In certain ways it is better in EHM (training camp), however it still is not currently accurate in the way it reflects real NHL rules.

It is 10000x more accurate than FHM. FHM rules are a mess at best. This is biggest problem with FHM IMO. Simple things like waiver rules and prospect deadlines are completely wrong in FHM. Inexcusable, the devs just need 20 mins to look at CBA.

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
It is 10000x more accurate than FHM. FHM rules are a mess at best. This is biggest problem with FHM IMO. Simple things like waiver rules and prospect deadlines are completely wrong in FHM. Inexcusable, the devs just need 20 mins to look at CBA.

The main thing for me is that the game actually sims accurately. Which it does far better than EHM ever has. Setting up leagues and CBA rules is a small thing in terms of game design and much easier to implement than an accurate sim.

Inexcusable is bit overly dramatic. Do you honestly think the devs dont know about the current CBA or other rules for leagues? Because I am pretty sure they do and that a design compromise had to be made. Which is something that can be easily hidden in most video games, but it is obvious here.

I am not sure how familiar you are with programming and game design, but what FHM has been able to come out with in the second iteration of the game is a solid accomplishment and is a big step in the right direction for hockey sim games.

EspOrrsito

edumacated
Feb 27, 2002
B.C.
Visit site
The main thing for me is that the game actually sims accurately. Which it does far better than EHM ever has. Setting up leagues and CBA rules is a small thing in terms of game design and much easier to implement than an accurate sim.

Inexcusable is bit overly dramatic. Do you honestly think the devs dont know about the current CBA or other rules for leagues? Because I am pretty sure they do and that a design compromise had to be made. Which is something that can be easily hidden in most video games, but it is obvious here.

I am not sure how familiar you are with programming and game design, but what FHM has been able to come out with in the second iteration of the game is a solid accomplishment and is a big step in the right direction for hockey sim games.

:clap:

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Picked this up. Figured that $30 to people making hockey sims is a good thing, especially considering the progress since the last version. It's a good game from what I've seen so far. Still need to figure out some stuff (training, etc), but this is a solid effort.

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Picked this up. Figured that $30 to people making hockey sims is a good thing, especially considering the progress since the last version. It's a good game from what I've seen so far. Still need to figure out some stuff (training, etc), but this is a solid effort.

Richie, I remember you from the SI EHM forums back in the day. You were always really helpful in offering advice to people and were always down to discuss the finer details of the game.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

It's a sim game. The details are very very important. It has to be accurate. That's the point of hockey sim games. It's disappointing that progress hasn't been made on that front, very very disappointing for me.

Sigh now everytime I try to start my 2nd season as the Red Deer Rebels my game crashes.

Last edited:

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
It's a sim game. The details are very very important. It has to be accurate. That's the point of hockey sim games. It's disappointing that progress hasn't been made on that front, very very disappointing for me.

Sigh now everytime I try to start my 2nd season as the Red Deer Rebels my game crashes.

So the exact same damn problem that I had in the original FHM?

EspOrrsito

edumacated
Feb 27, 2002
B.C.
Visit site
Anyone who has any problems with the game crashing or finds things that just aren't working correctly should take the time to report these things on the forum.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/fhm-2-technical-support/

The developers are very responsive to constructive criticism and they do listen to ideas that make sense for the game.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/fhm-2-suggestions/

If you are interested in having a close to *realistic* game as possible then maybe take a few minutes to let them know these things.

*re·al·is·tic*
ˌrēəˈlistik/
adjective
adjective: realistic
having or showing a sensible and practical idea of what can be achieved or expected.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I'm still waiting for a response for the two emails I sent them last week regarding my problems. Good thing I hit the "urgent" button. I hate to think how long it would take for a response if I didn't...

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I'm still waiting for a response for the two emails I sent them last week regarding my problems. Good thing I hit the "urgent" button. I hate to think how long it would take for a response if I didn't...

Forum reporting is faster than email in my experience with them.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Looking for a GM for an FHM2 full 30 team online league. Must have the game and be active. We are one of the first leagues and the first full 30 team league. The current available team is Anaheim. Send me a PM if you are interested. Again we only want active members so please only inquire if you have the time to invest.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I've had a bunch of long term sims, granted only historical ones.

Let me ask you about the historical sims. In the previous game, the players always reflected their real life counterparts. So, a player like Eric Vail, who had an up and down career, would have the exact same up and down career in the game. Does it still work that way or do the players enter their "own world" when you start the game, so you can alter their career trajectory as a GM/coach?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
This game is outstanding. I bought it up and loaded a random game as the jets just to try it out and I'm now fully hooked. There are still bits that need work (training camp, the draft, AI trading players straight after acquiring them) but from a simulation standpoint it's near flawless and the historical information is so in depth and well done.

Let me ask you about the historical sims. In the previous game, the players always reflected their real life counterparts. So, a player like Eric Vail, who had an up and down career, would have the exact same up and down career in the game. Does it still work that way or do the players enter their "own world" when you start the game, so you can alter their career trajectory as a GM/coach?

I've not played a historical game yet but read on the forums that you could pick whether you wanted the players careers to reflect their real life counterpart or if you wanted the FHM development engine influence their careers.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hey guys if anyone is interested in joining a full 30-team modern FHM2 online league we have 4 positions open. We are only looking for active long-term members. We are already just over a week into the regular season. The league is called The iNHL. Lots of big plans for the future so come down and join in.

Buffalo, Calgary, Montreal and NYI are available. Calgary has had some minor depth trades but the other 3 teams are pretty much untouched.
Come to the forums and register and post in the iNHL GM Applications section of the forum.
http://inhl.boards.net/

Edit: Also remember that you must have a copy of FHM2 to participate in this league.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Game is now 50% off on Steam till the 1st of December

So anyone who's been putting off buying now is your chance

Got the email today. I picked up OOTP 16 a couple of weeks ago for $9.99 and now I'll get this for half price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad