Injury Report: Fractured rib for Virtanen - out a month.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Quite frankly, I’m sick of it. Getzlaf deserves to be taken to the woodshed in a big way in my opinion.

Perhaps I was being over the top with the McSorely-Brashear stuff, but this guy’s gotta pay.

He fought the canucks resident goon what more do you want.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Pretty dissappointing. Watched it live and rewinded it a bunch of times over. That was predatory hit done ala Pronger/Chara style if i've ever seen it. Pretty sneaky stuff.

What is it gonna take to have even half our top 3 line forwards and top 4 defense to have healthy seasons? Like its astonishing stuff.

Calgary top 13 have 34 combined Man Games Lossed.
San Jose top 13 = 32 MGL
NYI top 13 = 17 MGL
Washington top 13 = 49 MGL
Vancouver top 13 = 128 MGL and now Virtanen is out with Baertschi Sutter Edler Tanev and growing its incredible

Maybe its a blessing in disguise.........win the f***ing lottery for once........i doubt it

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Pretty dissappointing. Watched it live and rewinded it a bunch of times over. That was predatory hit done ala Pronger/Chara style if i've ever seen it. Pretty sneaky stuff.

What is it gonna take to have even half our top 3 line forwards and top 4 defense to have healthy seasons? Like its astonishing stuff.

Calgary top 13 have 34 combined Man Games Lossed.
San Jose top 13 = 32 MGL
NYI top 13 = 17 MGL
Washington top 13 = 49 MGL
Vancouver top 13 = 128 MGL and now Virtanen is out with Baertschi Sutter Edler Tanev and growing its incredible

Maybe its a blessing in disguise.........win the ****ing lottery for once........i doubt it

Edmonton has J Hughes all but wrapped up.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Why do Edmonton fans and fans of other teams come her and pretend to be Canucks fans. This is probably why so many people say they hate Canucks fans. I'd put money on it that it was phoney burner accounts that said that crap about Matheson's dog. I'd put money it.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Weird, I thought late hits that injure get you suspended for several games in the SCF. Is it different for regular season games?

Reactions: lousy

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
That was premeditated as eff.

I'm not a fan of Jake but I'm a fan of Ryan so I'm guessing that Jake must have been running his mouth during the game and Ryan decided to teach the youngster a little lesson.

I'm guessing that this beef goes back to Jake's rookie year. I don't recall anything specific between Jake and Ryan but I do remember Jared almost throwing down with Ryan (good thing he didn't).

Unpopular opinion: This is exactly the type of wake up call Jake needed.

A respected HHOF veteran player who has achieved more in his pinky finger than Jake in his entire NHL career purposefully taking him out but in a non career threatening way.

IMO, Jake can either feel sorry for himself, or Jake can rise the challenge and be a better hockey player.

Jake's not a good hockey player right now. Not by a long shot.
Bullshit, that is a cheapshot from someone that road the coattails of actual HoF talent to a cup. Intent was obvious and should result in a suspension.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Wait what? You literally just admitted that you were wishing injury and all sorts of crap for Matheson and got slapped with a long ban for that and now you're saying "all those Oilers fans pretending to be Canucks fans and saying awful stuff is why people hate Canucks fans"?

Is this even real life?

On topic, this is not much of a loss. Virtanen is a ridiculously inconsistent player. Half of his goals are absurd flukes and he's on pace for like 25 points.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Bull****, that is a cheapshot from someone that road the coattails of actual HoF talent to a cup. Intent was obvious and should result in a suspension.
Yah. Probably. Jakes 6’0, 220. Considering his style of play I’m sure he’s taken worse.

He’s not exactly helping the team with how he’s currently playing so no big loss.

Anyways, now that he’s injured, he’s got plenty of time to play computer games and we just got Wellwood Part Deux so win win.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I seem to remember reading some wagers made here (maybe twitter?) about Jake hitting the 20 goal mark or not... looks like that's a miss.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I seem to remember reading some wagers made here (maybe twitter?) about Jake hitting the 20 goal mark or not... looks like that's a miss.
Pretty good streak for a little while though. Been a while since the last shotgun Jake video on twitter.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I'm pissed right off, sick of these accidentally on purpose cheap shots. This Goof was picking on an 18 year old because we had no toughness in the line up and that idiot of a coach,WD, stood there and watched.

What does Willie have to do with this?

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
That play would be a 15 yard penalty in the NFL. Clearly intentional and Jake's attention was on the puck carrier. He really shouldn't need to be watching out for crack blocks that would be illegal in a sport that allows blocking when he plays a sport in which blocking isn't a part of the game. Dirty hit and should have resulted in a suspension.

Yes, in the NFL...

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I actually liked virtanens game this year, but when you have been saddled with sutter in a shutdown role, cant expect him to produce much offense.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
I actually liked virtanens game this year, but when you have been saddled with sutter in a shutdown role, cant expect him to produce much offense.

Sutter only played 24 games this year. Virtanen 4 goals in his last 38 games has very little to do with Sutter.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Sutter only played 24 games this year. Virtanen 4 goals in his last 38 games has very little to do with Sutter.

Well how many of those were played with sutter down the stretch or granlund? I recall him being on that line when sutter was healthy as a checking line, if not sutter then it was often in a 3rd line checking role as someone above mentioned. And hasn't sutter played 26 not 24 games. I would also guess sutter was his most common linemate since 2019. And its not like he was getting prime power play time to.

Would have loved to see him get more time with bo. I dont think virtanen is poised to be anything special and i did not want him at the draft, but my point still stands, I thought he was a solid useful player this year that added some much needed speed to our lineup and could have been used in some more offensive roles on a team that lacks offensive depth.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad