Injury Report: Fractured rib for Virtanen - out a month.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Jimmies have been definitely rustled.

xyper.gif

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
I'm pissed right off, sick of these accidentally on purpose cheap shots. This Goof was picking on an 18 year old because we had no toughness in the line up and that idiot of a coach,WD, stood there and watched.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
I'm venting frustration. I only did it twice, the other time was Matheson. There used to be a guy on here that was way worse.
What was frustrating about the Matherson incident? Didn't they get them back where it hurts the most - the scoreboard?

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
What was frustrating about the Matherson incident? Didn't they get them back where it hurts the most - the scoreboard?
I got banned for two months with that little rant. I didn't wish injury this time , just want to see him dropped.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
One thing you realize about these threads is that there are some posters that are just here to disparage the Canucks. A lot of them. You aren't a Canucks fan if you talk about Getzlaf like your hero after that. Flexing over the time he tried to fight him when he was 30 and Jake was 18. Total garbage.

Reactions: WhiteCurse

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I’ll probably get blasted for this but I think Getzlafs hit was fine. The league is so soft these days, those kinds of hits were commonplace back in the day and were how you protected your team. If Jake did that to Getzlaf after he hit one of our guys we’d all be applauding it. He’d be a hero for us. It Jake is going to be an impact player for us he has to be able to give and take those as he doesn’t have the hockey IQ to be a scoring impact player in this league. The Raffi Torres projection was actually aiming too high it seems.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
I’ll probably get blasted for this but I think Getzlafs hit was fine. The league is so soft these days, those kinds of hits were commonplace back in the day and were how you protected your team. If Jake did that to Getzlaf after he hit one of our guys we’d all be applauding it. He’d be a hero for us. It Jake is going to be an impact player for us he has to be able to give and take those as he doesn’t have the hockey IQ to be a scoring impact player in this league. The Raffi Torres projection was actually aiming too high it seems.
:tmi:

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
those kinds of hits were commonplace back in the day and were how you protected your team.
You remember the 'old days' differently than I do I guess. The way I remember it you could do anything you wanted to on the ice as long as you were willing to drop the gloves with whoever asked you. And Getzlaf would have needed to drop his gloves on a play like that in the 70s; just like he did vs Guddy. That was a dirty, chicken shit play.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014

I thougt you liked rough hockey? I hate seeing our guys injured but I don’t want to see this league become women’s hockey in terms of physicality. Bertuzzi was my favourite Canuck after Bure and although I hated the sucker punch I loved the rest of his game. If Edler consistently dominated people physically like we know he can he’d probably be my favourite player.

I want Jake to be a human missile. Skating hard and checking the other team into the boards and beating the crap out of them when they try to start shit. If he isn’t doing that what does he add for us? Skating fast means f*** all on its own if you can’t score or don’t dominate physically. Especially for a 6th overall pick. I’m not happy he’s injured but I’m happy he actually did something impactful which unfortunately led to his injury. But he’s gotta be smart. How many times did you see people catch Torres like that? I can’t remember any examples of it.

If Jake is gonna play tough he has to commit to it all the time and be aware what that means. If he’s gonna pick and choose when to play tough, or not play tough at all, he’s a fourth liner at best.

Reactions: MisfortuneCookie

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
You remember the 'old days' differently than I do I guess. The way I remember it you could do anything you wanted to on the ice as long as you were willing to drop the gloves with whoever asked you. And Getzlaf would have needed to drop his gloves on a play like that in the 70s; just like he did vs Guddy. That was a dirty, chicken **** play.

I totally agree with you. Getzlaf should have definitely dropped the gloves for that. But if Jake is going to play tough and physical out there, which is his only chance to make it in this league, he needs to be aware of what is coming. He’s not committing to that type of game. Still choosing when he wants to rather than embracing it through every game.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
But if Jake is going to play tough and physical out there, which is his only chance to make it in this league, he needs to be aware of what is coming
You can't brace for what you don't see coming; that's when you get hurt. It'd be like shaking off a car wreck. If you want to hurt someone out there you can at any time just by laying in the weeds like Getzlaf. Jake can injury a player any time he wants to if he wants to play it the way Getzlaf.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
I
I thougt you liked rough hockey? I hate seeing our guys injured but I don’t want to see this league become women’s hockey in terms of physicality. Bertuzzi was my favourite Canuck after Bure and although I hated the sucker punch I loved the rest of his game. If Edler consistently dominated people physically like we know he can he’d probably be my favourite player.

I want Jake to be a human missile. Skating hard and checking the other team into the boards and beating the crap out of them when they try to start ****. If he isn’t doing that what does he add for us? Skating fast means **** all on its own if you can’t score or don’t dominate physically. Especially for a 6th overall pick. I’m not happy he’s injured but I’m happy he actually did something impactful which unfortunately led to his injury. But he’s gotta be smart. How many times did you see people catch Torres like that? I can’t remember any examples of it.

If Jake is gonna play tough he has to commit to it all the time and be aware what that means. If he’s gonna pick and choose when to play tough, or not play tough at all, he’s a fourth liner at best.
get what you're saying but i'd rather he hit him with a clean hit, not a dirty blindside one where he's looking at him the whole time, then turns his head and makes it look accidental. I don't respect that.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I

get what you're saying but i'd rather he hit him with a clean hit, not a dirty blindside one where he's looking at him the whole time, then turns his head and makes it look accidental. I don't respect that.
That wasn't a blindside hit. Jake was staring over his shoulder looking the other direction the whole time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->