Injury Report: Fractured rib for Virtanen - out a month.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I didn't say it was a good hit or a clean hit or anything of the kind. I just said it wasn't a blindside hit because it wasn't.

Thanks for much better articulating what I was trying to say. Jake can’t be day dreaming if he’s going to be an aggressive player. And if he’s going to be a passive player he’s not going to be a useful asset.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It sucks that Virtanen likely won't be back until late March, but a fractured rib is actually something of a relief. Looked to me like it might the shoulder again, which would have been the second major shoulder injury for this player.

Amazing to think that just little over a week ago, Canucks had all hands on deck. Now they're down five regulars again. I swear this team is cursed.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I'm not a fan of Jake but I'm a fan of Ryan so I'm guessing that.....

Doesn't that sentence pretty much negate any opinions you may have on the situation? You started your rant off by declaring your bias towards Getzlaf and dislike of Jake. Doesn't matter how guilty Getzlaf is, you're blindly going to support him because you "like" him and you don't like Jake?

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
That play would be a 15 yard penalty in the NFL. Clearly intentional and Jake's attention was on the puck carrier. He really shouldn't need to be watching out for crack blocks that would be illegal in a sport that allows blocking when he plays a sport in which blocking isn't a part of the game. Dirty hit and should have resulted in a suspension.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Not a huge loss. JV18 is pretty terrible. Embarrassing output again this year. What a wasted top 10.

You're not smart.

:sarcasm: Couldn't resist.

I don't look at Virtanen as a top 10 pick anymore..... much like I don't consider Gudbrandson a top 3 pick anymore.

Certainly not a home run of a first rounder but still has good size and tools and can be a huge part of this team moving forward. I think he'd make a great third liner on any contender.

Same will go for Juolevi; no reason he can't be a solid Dman for us in the future... just not the top 2 we we're hoping for.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Doesn't that sentence pretty much negate any opinions you may have on the situation? You started your rant off by declaring your bias towards Getzlaf and dislike of Jake. Doesn't matter how guilty Getzlaf is, you're blindly going to support him because you "like" him and you don't like Jake?
You have my blessing to negate my opinion.

I consider myself negated by you.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Not a huge loss. JV18 is pretty terrible. Embarrassing output again this year. What a wasted top 10.

Your usual demeaning comment, and you get the usual amount of likes. Unlike Juolevi, he was perhaps not the best choice, but a reasonable pick. (the Canucks best choice with Juolevi was trade down it they didn't like KT, there were like 8 players in the same ballpark as Juolevi).

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
I hope someone gives him the Marty McSorely-Donald Brashear treatment. It would be very justified in this case.
Jesus Christ, i almost liked that till i realized what you meant. No, that would be way too far. Hit and rough him up and have Gudbranson ready to go.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Jesus Christ, i almost liked that till i realized what you meant. No, that would be way too far. Hit and rough him up and have Gudbranson ready to go.

I would agree with what you said if it wasn’t for the fact that.....

1) The NHL seems to have double standards when it comes to certain teams and certain players
2) Vancouver seems to be on the receiving end of a lot of these double standards (case in point: officiating against Vancouver in the playoffs from 2009-2013).

Quite frankly, I’m sick of it. Getzlaf deserves to be taken to the woodshed in a big way in my opinion.

Perhaps I was being over the top with the McSorely-Brashear stuff, but this guy’s gotta pay.

Reactions: timbermen

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
I would agree with what you said if it wasn’t for the fact that.....

1) The NHL seems to have double standards when it comes to certain teams and certain players
2) Vancouver seems to be on the receiving end of a lot of these double standards (case in point: officiating against Vancouver in the playoffs from 2009-2013).

Quite frankly, I’m sick of it. Getzlaf deserves to be taken to the woodshed in a big way in my opinion.

Perhaps I was being over the top with the McSorely-Brashear stuff, but this guy’s gotta pay.
A good kneeing to the head Darren McCarty style would be nice. :laugh: But the McSorley thing was way too far.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad