Injury Report: Fractured rib for Virtanen - out a month.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
That's a shitty injury and yeah basically the end of his season. Weak.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Oh and its not a broken rib. It's a cracked rib. I've had both, and you don't come back in a month from a broken rib. When I broke a rib playing hockey I couldn't sleep in a bed for 6 weeks, and 6 months before i could play hockey.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
That's bad news but the silver lining might be with the injuries to Jake, Edler and Tanev we get to see what some of the kids can do. Now we don't have to worry about Benning buying to sneak into the playoffs. This team has some nice pieces but we need a lot more talent to compete with the true elite teams and a high pick will help.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
ureal he was able to take out 2 of our players in one game. f*** Getzlaf.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
That was premeditated as eff.

I'm not a fan of Jake but I'm a fan of Ryan so I'm guessing that Jake must have been running his mouth during the game and Ryan decided to teach the youngster a little lesson.

I'm guessing that this beef goes back to Jake's rookie year. I don't recall anything specific between Jake and Ryan but I do remember Jared almost throwing down with Ryan (good thing he didn't).

Unpopular opinion: This is exactly the type of wake up call Jake needed.

A respected HHOF veteran player who has achieved more in his pinky finger than Jake in his entire NHL career purposefully taking him out but in a non career threatening way.

IMO, Jake can either feel sorry for himself, or Jake can rise the challenge and be a better hockey player.

Jake's not a good hockey player right now. Not by a long shot.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010

I'm not a fan of Jake but I'm a fan of Ryan so I'm guessing that Jake must have been running his mouth during the game and Ryan decided to teach the youngster a little lesson.

I'm guessing that this beef goes back to Jake's rookie year. I don't recall anything specific between Jake and Ryan but I do remember Jared almost throwing down with Ryan (good thing he didn't).

A respected HHOF veteran player who has achieved more in his pinky finger than Jake in his entire NHL career purposefully taking him out but in a non career threatening way.

IMO, Jake can either feel sorry for himself, or Jake can rise the challenge and be a better hockey player.

I fully support your right to your opinion. I just think your opinion here stinks.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Personal opinion: This kind of post makes you go on a lot of ppl’s ignored list

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I fully support your right to your opinion. I just think your opinion here stinks.
Jake's probably telling all his friends that Ryan Getzlaf broke his rib.

I wish I was able to tell that story. That story is cool.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver

Congratulations on one of the stupidest posts i've had the privilege to read on these boards. A good message to a player struggling is a stint in the press box or a benching. Not a cracked rib. You're saying you're fine with our players being injured as long as its by a player that you like, because i'm sure Virtanen was just thinking yeah you know what, I could do with a month long injury that ends my season to really give me the kick I need to turn it around!

f*** outta here.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017

Lmao. Everyone knows Getzlaf was salty that Perry got trucked and owned.

These dinosaurs in Anaheim really need to hang them up

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Congratulations on one of the stupidest posts i've had the privilege to read on these boards. A good message to a player struggling is a stint in the press box or a benching. Not a cracked rib. You're saying you're fine with our players being injured as long as its by a player that you like, because i'm sure Virtanen was just thinking yeah you know what, I could do with a month long injury that ends my season to really give me the kick I need to turn it around!

**** outta here.

I'm glad I riled you up enough to post.

This wasn't Perry or Kesler. This was Getzlaf and Getzlaf is a heck of a hockey player and one that not just I "like".

Context matters bud.

This wasn't Matheson throwing down Petey in a fit of anger. This was because of something else.

Hockey is kind of a violent sport dontcha know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad