Post-Game Talk: Fought to get one point back!

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
i'm starting to believe reimer is a streaky goalie, before the injury he was playing great. since returning from the injury he has been very bad.

hopefully he will figure out what he is doing wrong and can use it to prevent these hot cold streaks in the future because if he can't i can't seeing us using him as our future #1. we all know scrivens isn't a #1.

kessel was great btw, if he can just keep playing this style, fearless using his head and speed, i will be fine with him resigning.

I think he just needs to play a lot to be honest. With Reimer I feel like he really gets into a rhythm over time.

And don't forget that before this game he was on a 6 game win streak.

I think he'll be fine. We need to get our defense figured out and that will help.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
i'm starting to believe reimer is a streaky goalie, before the injury he was playing great. since returning from the injury he has been very bad.

hopefully he will figure out what he is doing wrong and can use it to prevent these hot cold streaks in the future because if he can't i can't seeing us using him as our future #1. we all know scrivens isn't a #1.

kessel was great btw, if he can just keep playing this style, fearless using his head and speed, i will be fine with him resigning.

He's had one bad game..relax.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Our special teams are coming along nicely.

PP: 18.6% (12th)
PK: 84.3% (7th)

It's... It's beautiful...

1nzp6w.jpg

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Hey if Reimer can get us points even when he's not completely on his game I'm fine with it :). He stopped enough to get us to OT so no issues there. Plus bound to have an off game, coming back from injury.

Kirkpatrick

Oct 6, 2011
Ottawa
Jay Mother****** McClement.

A man after my own heart.

"beau·ty noun \ˈbyü-tē\
plural beauties

1: the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit : loveliness
2: a beautiful person or thing; especially : a beautiful woman
3: a particularly graceful, ornamental, or excellent quality
4: a brilliant, extreme, or egregious example or instance <that mistake was a beauty>
5: Jay McClement."

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
No he shouldn't! any ref that helps a player regain an advantage by assisting him during play is against the rules whether that be by equipment or something else. What if the puck was in our zone and Crosby was side tracked getting his helmet and got help from the linesman or ref and then had enough time to score? Do you think that is right? Definitely not, I don't want to bring the hypothetical question of injuries because he was never hurt, I'm talking about a ref who got away from his duties to assist a player regain his spot in the game by helping him get his equipment back. It's the same thing if he helped him get his stick back.

An official should stick to his duties and thats all, not worrying about if someone has their helmet or not. This is the NHL not minor midget.

Wow. i never thought of it like that. (only because, generally I see the refs help out the goalies if something happened with their equipment/helmets at times). (and truthfully i was so wrapped up in the game I didn't see the official give Crosby back his helmet. I knew he was on the bench without it, and I figured during the stoppage of play he was handed it back. (Same like sticks are cleared off the ice, during a stoppage).

JamesVanDreamsdyk

Jan 6, 2013
I honestly don't even care about the "loss", it was great to get a point. I am just more bothered by the fact that montreal won again. How do they keep winning? They are not a great team on paper.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
I still don't get Bozak shooting first. Kessel should go first. Shooting is generally the first go on the shootout, and no Leaf has a better shot than Kessel.

I've never seen Kessel score in the shootout, except that one time where he shot on Tim Thomas and it went in, but only because Thomas fell inside the net after making the save.

If I was coach I'd pick anyone BUT Kessel.

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
This game was, if not the best, one of the best games I've seen from the Leafs in the last 7 years since the lockout. I am glad i recorded the game, because I have locked and saved it for keeps. Everyone gave 100% tonight. The 3rd period and overtime was like watching playoff hockey! We are just halfway through the season and that was a treat to watch. The game was so fast, I couldn't believe my eyes

The stars brought their A games tonight, Crosby, Malkin and Letang for the Pens, Phaneuf and Kessel for the Leafs. The play was going end to end, passes were going tape to tape

Like someone mentioned Letang is like a 4th forward out there, he was disgustingly on his best showing that I've seen from him and quick tonight for the Pens.

Applauding everybody for their efforts tonight. Hats tipped off to everybody, but special thanks individually to JVR, MacArthur, Kadri, Grabovski, Kulemin, Franson and Fraser for their efforts tonight. They all perfected their roles!

MacArthur is skilled, and can break out from his own end, and he is arguably one of the hardest working players on this team, a true warrior. Do not trade Mac. Kadri although pointless a +2 tonight, crashed the net and created room on the MacArthur and Kessel goals. Keeps hitting and playing hard. One thing i noticed i did not see one drop of sweat on Nazzys head in the 3rd period when he had his helmet off, unbelievable a natural talent.

JVR, this kid is 23 years old! He is so unbelievably fast for a man his size in 5th gear. Wow! And has sick mittens as well, no stone hands at all. And he hits! I am so excited with this young core also including Kessel at 25, Kadri at 22.

Grabovski has arrived. He finally bee-lined one way - to the offensive zone instead of playing around with the puck cross ice, coughing it up in the neutral zone. A much better showing and Kulemin hustled his balls off tonight. Good job 2nd line.

McClement, has won all our hearts already but wanted to point out we killed a 5-on-3 in the 1st period thanks to him and Phaneuf. Cant remember who the 3rd man was but great penalty kill. Confidence booster for this team right there

Franson, i always believed in you. Have always been a fan, big studded right handed defenseman with a great shot.

Komarov, keeps hitting, what a beauty. Cant remember the hits but we out hit the Pittsburgh by a mile tonight.

For those who wanted to trade Kessel after last game, we all have our bad days at work, the same as professional athletes have some bad games, he is not going anywhere. He is CLUTCH, we have forgotten all about his 6 GWGs last season, if not for him and his tying goal tonight, we wouldn't have gotten the point or the win(refs did kind of handed the extra point to the pens, missed a few calls too many - asking for Nonis' reaction). He also has 15 points in 15 playoff games under his resume as a 20 21 year old for the Bruins. Fellas he is only 25 years old and we need him to win. He helps us win hockey games and he is going to past PPG average very soon mark my words.

We are driving to the net, creating traffic, we finally have guys that will go through the wall to win. I am so pleased to see LACK - Lombardi, Armstrong, Connolly and Komisarek off this team. Randy Carlyle does not give a **** who you are, how many goals you score, how much money you make, you work your a** of and earn your spot on this team. Mike Kostka, great rookie, what can i say he has outplayed Komisarek and Liles into the press box. Everybody jumps on him because he is thrown immediately on 1st pair playing 20+ minutes a game. He was quick tonight, making smart decisions in the offensive zone, just needs more experience to get shots through, should look to purposely miss the net bank the puck off the back boards since we actually have forwards that crash the net now, creating an absolute cluster**** for opposing goaltenders.

Tonight i was missing Gardiner. And I'm sure he was upset missing out on this hell of a hockey game. He would have been lights out tonight in this game tonight. We could have used his poise puck carrying skills, speed, and quick transitions to carry the play, kind of like how Letang carried the puck up ice for the Pens. Send down Holzer, release the Gardiner!

Frattin is not in game shape yet, but he still proved that he belongs in the NHL. However 1 assist should boost his confidence going forward after tonight. 11 points in 11 games, good stuff.

Dion Phaneuf, thats how you lead a team.

On a diff topic, i have been talking about getting Ovechkin on this team. We could use 2 snipers in Kessel and Ovechkin coming down the right and left lanes. We could use his playoff experience 59 points in 51 playoff games. The ACC was electric tonight, players are going to want to play here. Ovechkin would make us contenders easily. The crowd was great tonight and Ovy thrives under the spotlight, just how Crosby brought his A game on Hockey Night in Canada with the largest hockey audience. Ovechkin has 24 goals and 44 points in 29 career games against the Leafs. He has swagger like Kadri, crashes the net and I think a change of scenery would do good for him. Id be willing to give up Rielly ++ because I believe he is no longer untouchable. Washington is currently tied for 2nd last, 2nd overall draft pick as of right now for those wondering.

The brighter days are here at last.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You forgot one thing, Holzer is loterally taking points from this team. He is worse then Schenn at his worst easily.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
This game was, if not the best, one of the best games I've seen from the Leafs in the last 7 years since the lockout. I am glad i recorded the game, because I have locked and saved it for keeps. Everyone gave 100% tonight. The 3rd period and overtime was like watching playoff hockey! We are just halfway through the season and that was a treat to watch. The game was so fast, I couldn't believe my eyes

The stars brought their A games tonight, Crosby, Malkin and Letang for the Pens, Phaneuf and Kessel for the Leafs. The play was going end to end, passes were going tape to tape

Like someone mentioned Letang is like a 4th forward out there, he was disgustingly on his best showing that I've seen from him and quick tonight for the Pens.

Applauding everybody for their efforts tonight. Hats tipped off to everybody, but special thanks individually to JVR, MacArthur, Kadri, Grabovski, Kulemin, Franson and Fraser for their efforts tonight. They all perfected their roles!

MacArthur is skilled, and can break out from his own end, and he is arguably one of the hardest working players on this team, a true warrior. Do not trade Mac. Kadri although pointless a +2 tonight, crashed the net and created room on the MacArthur and Kessel goals. Keeps hitting and playing hard. One thing i noticed i did not see one drop of sweat on Nazzys head in the 3rd period when he had his helmet off, unbelievable a natural talent.

JVR, this kid is 23 years old! He is so unbelievably fast for a man his size in 5th gear. Wow! And has sick mittens as well, no stone hands at all. And he hits! I am so excited with this young core also including Kessel at 25, Kadri at 22.

Grabovski has arrived. He finally bee-lined one way - to the offensive zone instead of playing around with the puck cross ice, coughing it up in the neutral zone. A much better showing and Kulemin hustled his balls off tonight. Good job 2nd line.

McClement, has won all our hearts already but wanted to point out we killed a 5-on-3 in the 1st period thanks to him and Phaneuf. Cant remember who the 3rd man was but great penalty kill. Confidence booster for this team right there

Franson, i always believed in you. Have always been a fan, big studded right handed defenseman with a great shot.

Komarov, keeps hitting, what a beauty. Cant remember the hits but we out hit the Pittsburgh by a mile tonight.

For those who wanted to trade Kessel after last game, we all have our bad days at work, the same as professional athletes have some bad games, he is not going anywhere. He is CLUTCH, we have forgotten all about his 6 GWGs last season, if not for him and his tying goal tonight, we wouldn't have gotten the point or the win(refs did kind of handed the extra point to the pens, missed a few calls too many - asking for Nonis' reaction). He also has 15 points in 15 playoff games under his resume as a 20 21 year old for the Bruins. Fellas he is only 25 years old and we need him to win. He helps us win hockey games and he is going to past PPG average very soon mark my words.

We are driving to the net, creating traffic, we finally have guys that will go through the wall to win. I am so pleased to see LACK - Lombardi, Armstrong, Connolly and Komisarek off this team. Randy Carlyle does not give a **** who you are, how many goals you score, how much money you make, you work your a** of and earn your spot on this team. Mike Kostka, great rookie, what can i say he has outplayed Komisarek and Liles into the press box. Everybody jumps on him because he is thrown immediately on 1st pair playing 20+ minutes a game. He was quick tonight, making smart decisions in the offensive zone, just needs more experience to get shots through, should look to purposely miss the net bank the puck off the back boards since we actually have forwards that crash the net now, creating an absolute cluster**** for opposing goaltenders.

Tonight i was missing Gardiner. And I'm sure he was upset missing out on this hell of a hockey game. He would have been lights out tonight in this game tonight. We could have used his poise puck carrying skills, speed, and quick transitions to carry the play, kind of like how Letang carried the puck up ice for the Pens. Send down Holzer, release the Gardiner!

Frattin is not in game shape yet, but he still proved that he belongs in the NHL. However 1 assist should boost his confidence going forward after tonight. 11 points in 11 games, good stuff.

Dion Phaneuf, thats how you lead a team.

On a diff topic, i have been talking about getting Ovechkin on this team. We could use 2 snipers in Kessel and Ovechkin coming down the right and left lanes. We could use his playoff experience 59 points in 51 playoff games. The ACC was electric tonight, players are going to want to play here. Ovechkin would make us contenders easily. The crowd was great tonight and Ovy thrives under the spotlight, just how Crosby brought his A game on Hockey Night in Canada with the largest hockey audience. Ovechkin has 24 goals and 44 points in 29 career games against the Leafs. He has swagger like Kadri, crashes the net and I think a change of scenery would do good for him. Id be willing to give up Rielly ++ because I believe he is no longer untouchable. Washington is currently tied for 2nd last, 2nd overall draft pick as of right now for those wondering.

The brighter days are here at last.

You are targeting the wrong star winger.

You want to add Perry.

The biggest reason would be the assets we would not have to ship out to get him on the roster.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Well I was fuming after last night's loss, glad I didn't bother posting. Now that I've calmed down and had a decent sleep all I can say is we GOT to beat the Jets Tuesday! They are in 9th currently and chasing a spot so we need to keep burying these teams below us.

One thing I've been doing the past couple of weeks is scoreboard watching and the Jets play the Devils today, so I am hoping the Devils can beat them.

InterceptSchenn

Good Evening MrFrost
Jan 15, 2012
Montreal
happy with the effort. send holzer down FFS! Get Jakie up here hes too good for the AHL right now. what a joke it is not having him up here.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I was watching the game in a bar and there was no audio and obviously a few distractions. So just to clarify, the linesman brought Crosby his helmet while the play was going on, not at a stoppage?

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I was watching the game in a bar and there was no audio and obviously a few distractions. So just to clarify, the linesman brought Crosby his helmet while the play was going on, not at a stoppage?

Yes. I was pissed! Look I'm all for player safety, but this isn't minor midget where some kid might get hurt, this is a grown ass man and the best player in the league! officials shouldn't be going over and tossing him his helmet during play and giving him an advantage. Do you think he would've tossed Grabo's helmet back to him if he lost it? What if Crosby lost his stick and the ref threw it back to him and then a few seconds later Crosby scored? It was B.S. Like I said I'm all for keeping players safe but no way should an official help out a player get any type of of equipment back during the play..Stupid ass refs, they had a terrible game last night, a lot of missed calls.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I loved how loud the ACC was last night. The life is really starting to return to that building this season.

I think the crowd was given something to cheer about. I don't blame the crowd for the last 8 years.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I think the crowd was given something to cheer about. I don't blame the crowd for the last 8 years.

That would be something eh? Blaming the fans for not being loud enough thus the team lost games. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad