Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You shouldn’t even try saving a guy without a mic if you don’t know what’s going on. And no matter what you should just steal the loot and leave leftovers. If he/she gets mad tell him to play solo.

I’ve had so many guys with mics on my teams where they won’t do anything and I’ll be the last guy left standing. I’ll take a person with skill and no mic over a person with a mic and no skill. I can win or go fa with just 2 in squads so it doesn’t bother me

Such an idea is more feasible in Duos since 1 v 2 isn't as hard as 1 v 4. But my experience with Squads is when one guy goes down it really handicaps the whole team. It's much harder to have three guys firing back at four guys focusing on your group so my instinct is always to try to keep everyone alive.

And after something like 800 Squads games, players with mics that have talent exist in a "once in a blue moon" category.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Also nothing is more annoying than pub matched Squads teammates who either jump out without marking on the map where he's going or ignore where the Squad is going and go try to play solo squads on the other side of the map.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Such an idea is more feasible in Duos since 1 v 2 isn't as hard as 1 v 4. But my experience with Squads is when one guy goes down it really handicaps the whole team. It's much harder to have three guys firing back at four guys focusing on your group so my instinct is always to try to keep everyone alive.

And after something like 800 Squads games, players with mics that have talent exist in a "once in a blue moon" category.

If your playing solo squads theyre probably just in a party where they will think You aren’t good or they won’t even be trying to win really. Nobody really talks in game chat anymore

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
For sure it’s good if everyone has one but you don’t need everyone to have one to win a game. Most of the time I play with guys who have mics they do they’re own thing anyway.
Then you're just not holding them accountable enough, or you've had the misfortune of finding the biggest dickheads playing Squads/Duos. At worst I've had disagreements on where to land or where to go next and just ceded to the other guys whims. I'd say 95% of the time I find guys with mics they're willing to co-operate. I'm not getting how you and I have had such wildly different experiences.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If your playing solo squads theyre probably just in a party where they will think You aren’t good or they won’t even be trying to win really. Nobody really talks in game chat anymore
That's not true. Again. I'm really not understanding how you are having massively different experiences with this game than me. Sure I find too many games where people don't have mics but not nearly enough so that I could say no one talks in the game anymore.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
For sure it’s good if everyone has one but you don’t need everyone to have one to win a game. Most of the time I play with guys who have mics they do they’re own thing anyway.
Yeah that's opposite for me. Most of the guys who have mics are going to communicate with the group and help in any way they can. Not every person without a mic is bad, but I rarely get micless guys who help when I play squads.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
That's not true. Again. I'm really not understanding how you are having massively different experiences with this game than me. Sure I find too many games where people don't have mics but not nearly enough so that I could say no one talks in the game anymore.
Agreed. It's actually the opposite for me. This has been one of the few games where people actually want to create a party and chat with everyone. I don't see that at all in CoD anymore

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Then you're just not holding them accountable enough, or you've had the misfortune of finding the biggest ********s playing Squads/Duos. At worst I've had disagreements on where to land or where to go next and just ceded to the other guys whims. I'd say 95% of the time I find guys with mics they're willing to co-operate. I'm not getting how you and I have had such wildly different experiences.

Probably different system. Pretty sure there’s different regions, and I probably play on different times of the day.

I always get 1 person with a mic who doesn’t try until they realize I get 5-7 kills. 2 guys who always go alone. Or just a squad who’s in a party with no invites. And just straight up everybody being solo

My only wins with randoms is when they don’t have mics believe it or not.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Probably different system. Pretty sure there’s different regions, and I probably play on different times of the day.

I always get 1 person with a mic who doesn’t try until they realize I get 5-7 kills. 2 guys who always go alone. Or just a squad who’s in a party with no invites. And just straight up everybody being solo

My only wins with randoms is when they don’t have mics believe it or not.
You've had some shit luck then. I have one only one squad win since voice chat was implemented with people that didn't have mics. And we only won cause I hid in the Loot Lake middle house with a squad of three and blasted them to death with an RPG after they finished off the one other squad. My other three teammates were dead and had already left the game. Or maybe I've had the shit luck. Whatever.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It feels like they nerfed the game running properly. Gunshots play audio a half second after it happens. Some guns can't be picked up after kills. I haven't seen a bullet trail since the update.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I think the supply drops are broken. They didn’t make any sounds when I played. Everybody saw the one I did and there was like a 9 team fight

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Have they done some changes like skill based matchmaking? Since like before the update I got my first win an have 3 in last 20

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Did they nerf the sniper damage too? I also think theres way too much heavy bullets around now.
That's because of the new Hand Cannon. It takes heavy bullets. They've always seemed to overcompensate for ammo and spawn rates on new weapons when they come out. It happened with the Mini Gun and the Crossbow. I couldn't stop opening chests/finding those weapons for the first few days after they were released. Now I keep doing the same with the Hand Cannon

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Have they done some changes like skill based matchmaking? Since like before the update I got my first win an have 3 in last 20
That would make sense. I played for the first time in a few days last night and I thought the opponents that I had were very similar in skill level

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Just started playing this. Having never played a battle Royale type game before but I’m finding this pretty fun.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The new Solid Gold game is pretty fun. Completely different mindset than the normal game mode since the playing field is pretty much even. You have to be combative at the start. My buddy and I won our last game of the night last night in the Solid Gold game mode. The best part was that our two other teammates didn't drop with us and died within minutes.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Has anyone tried the PvE mode? It's on "sale", a buddy and I are debating getting it, supposedly you can earn V bucks

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So I came back after a new months hiatus. Gameplay changed alittle from when I last played.

What I did notice, I think more than before, are people building a lot more towers and straight rocket launcher fights 99% of the time. I came in 5th my first game back but definitely different.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I'm really impressed by the visuals of this game. One of the better looking games I've played this gen if not the best. Love the art style.
Has anyone tried the PvE mode? It's on "sale", a buddy and I are debating getting it, supposedly you can earn V bucks
Its what the original game was. Metal Gear survive basebuilding style game.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
So I came back after a new months hiatus. Gameplay changed alittle from when I last played.

What I did notice, I think more than before, are people building a lot more towers and straight rocket launcher fights 99% of the time. I came in 5th my first game back but definitely different.
I'd agree with this statement. Towards the end the rocket launcher is super valuable because everyone builds those huge bases. I've used the "hide and let everyone kill each other before I engage" strategy a lot more lately and that has worked fairly well. Usually the other team/players takes a ton of damage and I'll try and sneak up on them at the end

Reactions: sa cyred

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I'd agree with this statement. Towards the end the rocket launcher is super valuable because everyone builds those huge bases. I've used the "hide and let everyone kill each other before I engage" strategy a lot more lately and that has worked fairly well. Usually the other team/players takes a ton of damage and I'll try and sneak up on them at the end
Yep. The other seems to be get a pump action, sit at the top of stairs and one shot through shield and health through the head

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yep. The other seems to be get a pump action, sit at the top of stairs and one shot through shield and health through the head
Headshot damage has seemed to go up. There are times when I just start a game, find full shields, and turn a corner and will be one shotted by someone with a shotgun. It's super frustrating how that can happen so quickly.

I do love how the developers are listening to the players. It's great that they fix a ton of things that people complain about

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
They f***ed with the sniper damage. It sucks. I consider myself a really good sniper at long to mid range, consistently getting hits, but now i cant kill anything. I usually went sniper shot, quick change to ar to finish off with one shot and now they dont even die with that shot? What the hell man. They also need to fix the dmg indicator when it cleans the shield. Make it shield plus HP if it clears. I body shot and then AR for like 32-35 and theyre still up. Super frustrating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad