Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Best i could find.

My semester ended yesterday so I decided to redownload the game. Had about 1400 vbucks from past battle passes but I really wasn't feeling this new battle pass at all. Got this instead since it'll always be there and it's nicer than anything on the pass.

I could still technically buy the pass but I don't see myself playing this enough over the summer to justify it.

Yep, there are so good ones on this battle pass as well.

If you're a camo junkie I'd recommend it. Maybe I can find a few pics...

Two that stand out to me: Storm & Power Surge!

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yep, there are so good ones on this battle pass as well.

If you're a camo junkie I'd recommend it. Maybe I can find a few pics...

Two that stand out to me: Storm & Power Surge!
The very last one on the battle pass is nice but like I said, I can't imagine myself playing Fortnite too much. Even in this return from a long break I found myself getting frustrated by wait times and other nonsense. And the biggest thing that exhausted me was trying to stay on top of the challenges and then gain additional exp to complete the damn thing.

Plus I bought the rocket pass on my switch rocket league account that had almost no cosmetics before I did that so I'd rather invest my gaming time to that.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I know no one should play PubSquads but it blows my mind how many people still think going off on their own and not marking the map is a good idea.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Started playing again. The new map updates are okay. I'm digging the new John Wick mode. Only issue is playing with randoms will be the death of me. Such idiotic people play Fortnite anymore

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Started playing again. The new map updates are okay. I'm digging the new John Wick mode. Only issue is playing with randoms will be the death of me. Such idiotic people play Fortnite anymore
I enjoyed the John Wick mode as well.

The hardest of the challenges ended up being getting a win as like you said, it can be tough with randoms. Ended up getting 2 in a row though, ironic to say the least.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I enjoyed the John Wick mode as well.

The hardest of the challenges ended up being getting a win as like you said, it can be tough with randoms. Ended up getting 2 in a row though, ironic to say the least.
Still trying to grind out that win. Get to the end and my teammates are ass and don’t understand you have to attack the top teams

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I like to see them make the John Wick mode appear more often. The first time I’ve enjoyed playing Fortnite again in months. They don’t have to call it John Wick, but I like the concept of it

Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I like to see them make the John Wick mode appear more often. The first time I’ve enjoyed playing Fortnite again in months. They don’t have to call it John Wick, but I like the concept of it
Agreed. It was a lot of fun.

Did you end up getting a win before they removed it??

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

I was a little confused about the map updates (Tilted/Retail did not need to be touched, IMO). The removal of the Pump Shotgun was disappointing at first, but I've really grown to enjoy the gameplay a lot more without it. The game feels fresh and more fun, and I'm playing it a lot more on my own, even when my friends aren't around to do it.

The Wick mode was cool, I guess, but I wasn't a huge fan of it, personally.

I'm still trying to figure out my perfect meta for this season. Last season it was an AR + pump + SMG + sniper + minis, but this season is a little different. I hate the Combat Shotgun, and with the Tac I don't really need an SMG as I can spam the Tac. I'd say I'm actually liking AR + Tac + Drum + Bow + minis.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Agreed. It was a lot of fun.

Did you end up getting a win before they removed it??
Unfortunately no. I didn't get to play at all on the last day and I didn't even know it was going away so quickly. Now they have this stupid Jordan Brand collab with the Subway Surfer type game mode. Puke

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I was a little confused about the map updates (Tilted/Retail did not need to be touched, IMO). The removal of the Pump Shotgun was disappointing at first, but I've really grown to enjoy the gameplay a lot more without it. The game feels fresh and more fun, and I'm playing it a lot more on my own, even when my friends aren't around to do it.

The Wick mode was cool, I guess, but I wasn't a huge fan of it, personally.

I'm still trying to figure out my perfect meta for this season. Last season it was an AR + pump + SMG + sniper + minis, but this season is a little different. I hate the Combat Shotgun, and with the Tac I don't really need an SMG as I can spam the Tac. I'd say I'm actually liking AR + Tac + Drum + Bow + minis.
I like Neo-Tilted better than regular Tilted now. Just keeps the game completely fresh instead of destroying and re-building some dumb building for long gag. I am not a fan of Mega Mall. The loot is super spread out and the chest locations are pretty horrendous. They really destroyed Retail Row, which wasn't as popular of a landing spot recently but was a great place to quickly loot.

Jon Wick mode made me enjoy the Combat Shotgun. I was wrecking people with it so I enjoy it now. Didn't enjoy it to start with. The Tac basically is an SMG disguised as an AR. Won't be surprised to see the Drum Gun vaulted or nerfed again. Everyone seems to really despise that thing. My take about the Bow is that it's really OP. Great if you have it, awful to defend against. The load time is a lot faster than a regular sniper which makes it even more valuable.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I like Neo-Tilted better than regular Tilted now. Just keeps the game completely fresh instead of destroying and re-building some dumb building for long gag. I am not a fan of Mega Mall. The loot is super spread out and the chest locations are pretty horrendous. They really destroyed Retail Row, which wasn't as popular of a landing spot recently but was a great place to quickly loot.

Jon Wick mode made me enjoy the Combat Shotgun. I was wrecking people with it so I enjoy it now. Didn't enjoy it to start with. The Tac basically is an SMG disguised as an AR. Won't be surprised to see the Drum Gun vaulted or nerfed again. Everyone seems to really despise that thing. My take about the Bow is that it's really OP. Great if you have it, awful to defend against. The load time is a lot faster than a regular sniper which makes it even more valuable.

I find it too inconsistent. Like the old Pump. Seem to be hitting bang-on headshots for 44 damage.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
New season started...Season X.

At a first glance, no huge map changes. Dusty Depot is back, and the meteor that crashed at the end of Season 3 is frozen in time. Battle Pass is a remake of popular skins throughout the nine previous seasons.

The most annoying part about the season - Brutes. 1000hp vehicles that are pretty much Thanos. Have a shotgun and missle launcher that takes you out in one shot.

Apparently throughout the season, the map will be changing in huge ways, with the first being Tilted becoming Tilted Towns. Old POI’s will return but not exactly how we remember them.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Bit underwhelmed with the new season.

I don't get to play a lot though so we'll see how the season morphs..

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I've pretty much stopped playing towards week 7 or 8 of last season. Just got to the point where I've lost interest, which surprisingly didn't come earlier for me. Looking forward to finding something new to play soon to kill some time when I'm not super busy

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
New season started...Season X.

At a first glance, no huge map changes. Dusty Depot is back, and the meteor that crashed at the end of Season 3 is frozen in time. Battle Pass is a remake of popular skins throughout the nine previous seasons.

The most annoying part about the season - Brutes. 1000hp vehicles that are pretty much Thanos. Have a shotgun and missle launcher that takes you out in one shot.

Apparently throughout the season, the map will be changing in huge ways, with the first being Tilted becoming Tilted Towns. Old POI’s will return but not exactly how we remember them.

The Brute's are really OP and they should be taking out of Arena, Solo and Duo's. Maybe have their only game time type. The most effective way to deal with them is Boogie Bomb as it ejects both occupants while making them Dance.

Otherwise the skins are remakes in the BP, nothing great about this season.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I've pretty much stopped playing towards week 7 or 8 of last season. Just got to the point where I've lost interest, which surprisingly didn't come earlier for me. Looking forward to finding something new to play soon to kill some time when I'm not super busy
for me its just something casual that I can hop into, have a little bit of fun... but after an hour or two it does get boring...

then again, I'm never playing in parties so I don't have the friends factor adding fun/intrigue to the game..

may be the last battle pass I buy

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
for me its just something casual that I can hop into, have a little bit of fun... but after an hour or two it does get boring...

then again, I'm never playing in parties so I don't have the friends factor adding fun/intrigue to the game..

may be the last battle pass I buy

I’ve found some enjoyment in playing Arena, which rewards you for placement and kills while matching you with other players in your skill range. Plus, the mode has Siphon enabled, which grants health/shield + materials for eliminations, and more materials while farming.

Of course, you get douchey players who have made second accounts and go into weaker divisions and wipe 20% of the lobby, but for the most part, the gameplay feels more rewarding and like you’re working towards something.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I’ve found some enjoyment in playing Arena, which rewards you for placement and kills while matching you with other players in your skill range. Plus, the mode has Siphon enabled, which grants health/shield + materials for eliminations, and more materials while farming.

Of course, you get *****ey players who have made second accounts and go into weaker divisions and wipe 20% of the lobby, but for the most part, the gameplay feels more rewarding and like you’re working towards something.

i think it's too easy to rank up. I have already progressed well beyond my skill range. Every dude I come against in solos builds an instant castle.

Cool thing is Arena tends to make you much better, if you go back to regular mode it's so much easier.

Reactions: tealhockey

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
i think it's too easy to rank up. I have already progressed well beyond my skill range. Every dude I come against in solos builds an instant castle.

Cool thing is Arena tends to make you much better, if you go back to regular mode it's so much easier.

Yeah, the no bus fare rule makes it inevitable to rank up

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I played a little bit at the beginning of last season but I'm the same way. It just can't hold my interest anymore. The last time I had fun with it was that zombie mode/you can jump from any height experiment. Past that it's just sweatlords and brain dead randoms. Can't even play with friends anymore cause all my Fort friends have also stopped playing. Just don't much see the point anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad