Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I don't condone violence in any way, but judging from the video they're both ****ty people. She threw a box at him, continually provoked him. He belittled her, and apparently assaulted her. They both acted stupidly and awfully in front of the children.

The real victim here is the children.
Fortnite addict's battered body after being bashed by his girlfriend | Daily Mail Online

Yikes. Those children need family that care about them. Disgusting way to act in front of children. She is 100% as despicable as him and it's a travesty that the children are in her care.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I just started playing this on Switch a few weeks ago... basically by myself, with no mic, lol..

Granted I only have time to play 1-2x per week but so far this is all I'm playing. Smash, Kart, and a few others are just on the shelf for awhile.

Something about the customization and tiering system that has me hooked like CoD did in its day.

30 years old btw :D

Just a tip about the Switch...

I used to be one of the top ranked Socom players in the world, then basically stopped gaming after that as nothing caught my interest, I got married, had kids, etc.

Then this summer my daughter started playing this Fortnite thing and asked me to play the game on her Switch and I reluctantly agreed. I started to enjoy it at first, but eventually got frustrated why my aim wasn’t as good as Socom, etc and thought maybe I’m just old or what not...

So the game got annoying for me and I stopped playing in Oct.

However, my wife bought my daughter and me an Xbox so we could actually play duos together, and I realized it’s insanely easier to aim on the Xbox because the frame rate is twice as fast.

So if you ever get frustrated playing the game, remember you are playing with a major handicap on the Switch.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Just a tip about the Switch...

I used to be one of the top ranked Socom players in the world, then basically stopped gaming after that as nothing caught my interest, I got married, had kids, etc.

Then this summer my daughter started playing this Fortnite thing and asked me to play the game on her Switch and I reluctantly agreed. I started to enjoy it at first, but eventually got frustrated why my aim wasn’t as good as Socom, etc and thought maybe I’m just old or what not...

So the game got annoying for me and I stopped playing in Oct.

However, my wife bought my daughter and me an Xbox so we could actually play duos together, and I realized it’s insanely easier to aim on the Xbox because the frame rate is twice as fast.

So if you ever get frustrated playing the game, remember you are playing with a major handicap on the Switch.

I usually play docked with it on my TV... so its decent to me. I'm just in it for fun anyways. My time is extremely limited anyways, otherwise I would have picked up a PS4/XB1 for games like RDR, etc..

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I usually play docked with it on my TV... so its decent to me. I'm just in it for fun anyways. My time is extremely limited anyways, otherwise I would have picked up a PS4/XB1 for games like RDR, etc..

Ya, I just play it with my daughter a couple times a week, and did it for fun. But like I said, after awhile it got tiresome losing so many 1-1s on the Switch and dying so much, that I stopped playing.

No idea why my wife thought I wanted to play it anymore when I kept saying the game was frustrating, but I guess my daughter talked her into the Xbox and I just started playing again to make her happy.

Now I’ve discovered it’s actually fun because either my aim got insanely good playing with such a handicap on the Switch or it’s just simply easier on the X box because of the frame rate.

I’m just saying there may come a point where you start getting annoyed, but try not to get too discouraged because it seems to take way more skill to aim on the Switch.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Man, some people can get real butt hurt over this game. Was playing the pop cup last night with a buddy and I killed a duo late in the game. The kid messaged me and called me a bot. I laughed at him for having ttv in his name, no one cares about your Xbox stream my dude.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Man, some people can get real butt hurt over this game. Was playing the pop cup last night with a buddy and I killed a duo late in the game. The kid messaged me and called me a bot. I laughed at him for having ttv in his name, no one cares about your Xbox stream my dude.

The tourneys can be so frustrating lol. Lot's of good players in there. I hope they add more rewards to qualifying moving forward.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
The tourneys can be so frustrating lol. Lot's of good players in there. I hope they add more rewards to qualifying moving forward.
The kid was a total pigeon. His teammate had me down to about 100 hp before I laser down his wall, all 200 of his hp, and had time to finish him off. His teammate was using an AK to tap fire me instead of a sub or shotgun. I had 10 hp then got 50 more for finishing the down, then turned and pumped his teammate for 100+ damage. I only got 9 points that night so maybe he should be more upset with himself or his teammate.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Ya, I just play it with my daughter a couple times a week, and did it for fun. But like I said, after awhile it got tiresome losing so many 1-1s on the Switch and dying so much, that I stopped playing.

No idea why my wife thought I wanted to play it anymore when I kept saying the game was frustrating, but I guess my daughter talked her into the Xbox and I just started playing again to make her happy.

Now I’ve discovered it’s actually fun because either my aim got insanely good playing with such a handicap on the Switch or it’s just simply easier on the X box because of the frame rate.

I’m just saying there may come a point where you start getting annoyed, but try not to get too discouraged because it seems to take way more skill to aim on the Switch.

I got a Switch a few weeks ago, Fortnite is almost impossible to play on it aha. It feels so damn awkward for me. Usually an XB1 player.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I guess there was some sort of Ice Storm event. The Ice King (Tier 100 skin) broke out of the sphere above Polar Peak and created a huge blizzard. The whole map is covered in snow again and it seems like there's some sort of snow/fog making it pretty hard to see. Then they literally brought back the Fortnitemares monsters again.

Good on them for doing another event, I guess, but this one did seem lazy.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
New update. Grapplers and quad launcher vaulted. Plane spawn down to 50%. Steps in the right direction. However they dropped the spawn rate of 50 shields.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I guess there was some sort of Ice Storm event. The Ice King (Tier 100 skin) broke out of the sphere above Polar Peak and created a huge blizzard. The whole map is covered in snow again and it seems like there's some sort of snow/fog making it pretty hard to see. Then they literally brought back the Fortnitemares monsters again.

Good on them for doing another event, I guess, but this one did seem lazy.
Bummer, I missed this.

I should have the skin pretty soon though.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
You can still play normal squads mode but there are challenges for weapons skins and glider for killing zombies. Grappler will be missed for sure. I have no idea why they brought back the scoped AR, hate that thing.

Scoped AR never left the game, they just changed the rarity. Agreed, though. It sucks.

Apparently a new chiller grenade is coming. Seems pretty useless, tbh.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Scoped AR never left the game, they just changed the rarity. Agreed, though. It sucks.

Apparently a new chiller grenade is coming. Seems pretty useless, tbh.

There have been no scoped AR's for months. It just came back with the Ice King update with snow everywhere. They may have been in the limited game modes. It might be just for the ice modes as Bows are back as well.

This is for Xbox and I have done quite a bit of cross-platform so unless they are unique to PC or PS only.. Not sure.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
There have been no scoped AR's for months. It just came back with the Ice King update with snow everywhere. They may have been in the limited game modes. It might be just for the ice modes as Bows are back as well.

This is for Xbox and I have done quite a bit of cross-platform so unless they are unique to PC or PS only.. Not sure.

Nope. Xbox player here, Scoped AR has always been there.

• Rarity color adjustments
Scoped AR decreased from Rare/Epic to Uncommon/Rare
Patch 4.4 (June 12, 2018)
Renamed ‘Assault Rifle with Scope’ to ‘Scoped Assault Rifle’
4.3 Content Update (June 5, 2018)
  • Damage fall-off vs. structures removed for Rifles, SMGs, Pistols, and LMGs.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Nope. Xbox player here, Scoped AR has always been there.

Dude I have played hundreds of games or more since it was removed. I would think I would know had it been in the game. It was gone until about two weeks ago. I have not nor nobody I play with had seen one for a couple of seasons. So why is that? Same thing with the bow. I don't care what they changed it to as it has not been in the game. I'm sure someone else that plays on a regular basis can confirm this.

Like I said, I think it has only been in special game modes.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Dude I have played hundreds of games or more since it was removed. I would think I would know had it been in the game. It was gone until about two weeks ago. I have not nor nobody I play with had seen one for a couple of seasons. So why is that? Same thing with the bow. I don't care what they changed it to as it has not been in the game. I'm sure someone else that plays on a regular basis can confirm this.

Like I said, I think it has only been in special game modes.

I, personally, have seen it many times. In fact, they changed the rectile from a cross to a dot at the beginning of Season 7, I believe.

Plus, the thing I quoted would have said if it was vaulted at all. The Bow was vaulted and brought back for this event, yes.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
I don't believe it was ever vaulted, just lowered the rarity, and maybe the drop chance %. I don't play as much as I once did but watch enough streams to no ever recall seeing it gone completely.

However they did vault the regular bolt, which is a bad call, imo.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I don't believe it was ever vaulted, just lowered the rarity, and maybe the drop chance %. I don't play as much as I once did but watch enough streams to no ever recall seeing it gone completely.

However they did vault the regular bolt, which is a bad call, imo.

Bolt was in the game at least a couple days ago. I want someone to respond that has played Xbox consistently to offer some feedback. Streams are mostly PC gamers. Everyone on my friends' list stated the scoped AR just came back. Now, I'm not sure if it's just for the ice mode with zombies on the console

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Bolt was in the game at least a couple days ago. I want someone to respond that has played Xbox consistently to offer some feedback. Streams are mostly PC gamers. Everyone on my friends' list stated the scoped AR just came back. Now, I'm not sure if it's just for the ice mode with zombies on the console
They just vaulted the bolt in the patch that came out today. However, I don't see why, more importantly how, they would vault a gun on one system and not the other.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Weapon changes are consistent across all platforms. Nothing gets vaulted on Xbox only.

I play on Xbox. The scoped AR has always been there.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Weapon changes are consistent across all platforms. Nothing gets vaulted on Xbox only.

I play on Xbox. The scoped AR has always been there.

PM me your gamer tag...

Telling you. I have not come across a scoped AR in regular squads, ect until the Ice King update. I don't really don't play the other game modes.

So the snow is melting and a stage is being erected at Pleasent Park. Marhmellow is doing a show there this weekend, Live?

'Fortnite' will host a Marshmello concert this weekend

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Kinda pumped about this Marshmello concert thing..

I wasn't playing during the rocket launch and all that other stuff so this will be the first in-game event I'll be able to see (hopefully, if I don't get killed, lol)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->