Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Haven’t played in over a month. Is there anything major upcoming to actually get back into it or is it still kind of going stale?

I got NHL19 for Christmas and have been grinding away at GM mode on there instead of playing Fortnite

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Haven’t played in over a month. Is there anything major upcoming to actually get back into it or is it still kind of going stale?

I got NHL19 for Christmas and have been grinding away at GM mode on there instead of playing Fortnite
I actually think the game's in the best shape it's been in a long time.

Nerfed rocket launchers, deagle, planes. Added a rifle that has virtually no bloom. Complete 13 challenges and you get a free battle pass next season.

Reactions: BeSeeingYouSeattle
Oct 18, 2006
Liking season 8. The new corner of the map is cool, added extra life to the game.

I still suck, but at least I’ve now finally got confidence with sniper in hand. I love the heavy sniper so much.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Apparently files have been found for a respawn van. If they add this, I'll be so happy. Especially with how quick people thirst you now for HP/shield.

Liking season 8. The new corner of the map is cool, added extra life to the game.

I still suck, but at least I’ve now finally got confidence with sniper in hand. I love the heavy sniper so much.

I've really had fun with Season 8. I'm not sure if it's just new and exciting, but the gameplay just feels fresh. I think a big reason is the removal of the planes. Neat idea, but boy they were annoying.

I'll usually leave a Heavy, but I'll always take the Suppressed Sniper. No clue why, but I'm crazy with it. Especially quick scoping.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I’ve played a little bit lately. Noticed all I’ve done is play the bigger team game modes, especially those with respawns to complete challenges. The challenges so far have been really stupid IMO. I hated doing ones like do damage to structures by being shot out of a cannon. That provides nothing to the actual gameplay itself. More challenges that tie into the gameplay (i.e. elims) and less of the time consuming boring challenges.

I like having the new POIs on the map, I just don’t like the placement. It’s on the outside rim of things like Paradise Palms is so it’s harder to have lots of people drop towards it.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I’ve played a little bit lately. Noticed all I’ve done is play the bigger team game modes, especially those with respawns to complete challenges. The challenges so far have been really stupid IMO. I hated doing ones like do damage to structures by being shot out of a cannon. That provides nothing to the actual gameplay itself. More challenges that tie into the gameplay (i.e. elims) and less of the time consuming boring challenges.

I like having the new POIs on the map, I just don’t like the placement. It’s on the outside rim of things like Paradise Palms is so it’s harder to have lots of people drop towards it.

Well, the middle of the map is always pretty popping (Salty Springs, Tilted Towers, Dusty Divot, Retail Row and Shifty Shafts). They'll probably change it up eventually, but right now I'd imagine they're focusing on the outer areas to increase landing/interest in those areas. Paradise Palms and the desert biome is more popular than Moisty Mire ever was, same with the winter biome being more popular than Flush Factory was. I'd imagine they'll take out Junk Junction and Haunted Hills next season.

The challenges are really lame, though. 100% agreed on that. Feels more like a chore than anything.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Tired of playing with randoms. If anyone wants to play add me xboxpenguins23

I'm on PS4 despite what my username states.

Let me know here that you added me

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Tired of playing with randoms. If anyone wants to play add me xboxpenguins23

I'm on PS4 despite what my username states.

Let me know here that you added me
Bro, your numbers are ridiculous on tracker.

Why are you only a scout?

Sep 19, 2008
the fortnite cameo in Avengers Endgame lol.

lot of cross references between fortnite and marvel. Fortnite has had Thanos and Infinity Gauntlet weeks and now Fortnite is briefly seen in Endgame

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Do you guys think Star Lord will be the last skin? This event only lasts until Sunday right?

Kid really wants a Marvel skin and I kind of promised him one been waiting for someone he loves, Star Lord is ok but if someone like Spider-Man or Captain America is incoming it would be a blow.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Do you guys think Star Lord will be the last skin? This event only lasts until Sunday right?

Kid really wants a Marvel skin and I kind of promised him one been waiting for someone he loves, Star Lord is ok but if someone like Spider-Man or Captain America is incoming it would be a blow.

Part of the reasons these were released is because they fit even somewhat within the confines of their characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Black Widow and Star Lord to some extent dont look out of place running around mowing people down, but for me personally, I'm not sure Marvel wants the optics of a bunch of younger kids using a teenager Spiderman and Captain America to kill people with guns and whatnot. I wouldn't bank on either of those 2 coming out, I feel like there would be a leak by now if they were, but I dont see them there. I could be wrong of course, just haven't seen anything yet is all.

Reactions: Oscar Acosta

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

I thought they would do more than just Black Widow & StarLord, but now I'm getting the feeling it might just be those two..

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I don’t think there’s much hope for saving the game for me now. Nothing wrong with it, but like any game, it gets old.

I still get some enjoyment out of it if I’m in the right lobby and playing with friends. Had a real fun game a couple of days ago where my buddy went deep into the storm to get a treasure chest, died, my other buddy went in to get his reboot card, died at the edge, and I was able to revive him. We got our friend rebooted and ended up winning the game.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
maybe its because I've only been playing for 3 seasons now... and have always played solo without friends

that I'm still finding some sort of enjoyment out of it/it still feels semi new to me

the changing of the map for Season 9 has me intrigued to battle in the new places..

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Digging the new live weapon camos

ie:

if only I knew how to make it a gif :laugh:
Enigma-Rare-Wrap.png

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Digging the new live weapon camos

ie:

if only I knew how to make it a gif :laugh:
Enigma-Rare-Wrap.png

Best i could find.

My semester ended yesterday so I decided to redownload the game. Had about 1400 vbucks from past battle passes but I really wasn't feeling this new battle pass at all. Got this instead since it'll always be there and it's nicer than anything on the pass.

I could still technically buy the pass but I don't see myself playing this enough over the summer to justify it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad