Confirmed with Link: Forsberg on waivers

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Has Lankenin shown anything to declare him as a capable backup at the AHL level yet? It doesnt seem so but only has got 2 games.
i am not that high on Collin as some.... i really think the Russian goalie will make a name for himself. is he still here in the US or did he go back to Russia ??

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Not sure what I think about Lankinen yet, but no way do I want Forsberg eating Delia's minutes.
Since when did Delia become the "new thing?" He's interesting ... but I'd like to see Forsberg work on his confidence before we completely give up on him.

Our goalie pipeline isn't some great thing. We need as many as we can. May the best win out.

Reactions: Krivo25

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Since when did Delia become the "new thing?" He's interesting ... but I'd like to see Forsberg work on his confidence before we completely give up on him.

Our goalie pipeline isn't some great thing. We need as many as we can. May the best win out.
I just like what I saw from Delia when he was up with us last season. He's very composed. Forsberg is skittish and makes me nervous.

I haven't seen Lankinen play. We also need to figure out the Nalimov situation. And in a couple years, Gravel. We've got lots of ooptions but nobody has risen up as the next sure thing.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I just like what I saw from Delia when he was up with us last season. He's very composed. Forsberg is skittish and makes me nervous.

I haven't seen Lankinen play. We also need to figure out the Nalimov situation. And in a couple years, Gravel. We've got lots of ooptions but nobody has risen up as the next sure thing.
excellent and thorough rpt.

Gravel is another maybe.... but i would still put my eyes on Forsberg and the russian.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
excellent and thorough rpt.

Gravel is another maybe.... but i would still put my eyes on Forsberg and the russian.
I think there's a fair amount of potential with Alexis "Berlin Wall" Gravel but we've got a couple years before he comes to Rockford so hopefully we'll have things figured out with our current crop of goalies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I think there's a fair amount of potential with Alexis "Berlin Wall" Gravel but we've got a couple years before he comes to Rockford so hopefully we'll have things figured out with our current crop of goalies.
what i am stoke about is now the team has the makings of have a system with viable option, granted it is for the future, but still that option is there.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
what i am stoke about is now the team has the makings of have a system with viable option, granted it is for the future, but still that option is there.
Drafting has been pretty stellar especially recently, aside from 2015. Not sure what changed, but the disaster of 2015 must've been a huge wake up call because 2016 we got DCat and 2017 and 2018 look really good right now.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Drafting has been pretty stellar especially recently, aside from 2015. Not sure what changed, but the disaster of 2015 must've been a huge wake up call because 2016 we got DCat and 2017 and 2018 look really good right now.
i really agree with you on this point.... but lets not forget to give partial credit to the person who can see the talent..... SB.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
i really agree with you on this point.... but lets not forget to give partial credit to the person who can see the talent..... SB.
It's Bowman and Kelley and his team. I don't know what they're doing but it's working.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I think forsberg can play very well if he can improve against the breakaway and shootout. I also think crow would be a great guy to learn from.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
i disagree with this.

i will say that SB couldn't do anything, if he could b/c of the expansion situation.

Stan made the right choice at expansion. He managed to get something for a pending UFA with no leverage whatsoever and kept the better of the 2 goaltenders.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Stan made the right choice at expansion. He managed to get something for a pending UFA with no leverage whatsoever and kept the better of the 2 goaltenders.
hindsight and i totally agree..... now for the next expansion draft ....

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I think forsberg can play very well if he can improve against the breakaway and shootout. I also think crow would be a great guy to learn from.
he needs to see action..... plain and simple.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
hindsight and i totally agree..... now for the next expansion draft ....
For the next one the way I see it is this: Crawford expires right before the 2021 season. This is also the same season that they're expecting Seattle to play, as well as the possible "lockout" year if the NHLPA/Owners walk away from the current CBA.

Now, I kinda got the feeling if a lockout is potentially looming the league won't expand. Seattle might be deferred to 2022.

Either way it's a moot point. The 'hawks have Crawford this season and next season at his 6M with the L-NTC/NMC. Neither expansion nor the CBA will be a factor. The only factors will be Crawford's play, Crawford's health and the "next" franchise goalie--if one appears.

So far Crawford's play has been excellent.

Health? Still a lingering question.

Next franchise goalie? Nothing realistic in the system within the next 2 years.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
For the next one the way I see it is this: Crawford expires right before the 2021 season. This is also the same season that they're expecting Seattle to play, as well as the possible "lockout" year if the NHLPA/Owners walk away from the current CBA.

Now, I kinda got the feeling if a lockout is potentially looming the league won't expand. Seattle might be deferred to 2022.

Either way it's a moot point. The 'hawks have Crawford this season and next season at his 6M with the L-NTC/NMC. Neither expansion nor the CBA will be a factor. The only factors will be Crawford's play, Crawford's health and the "next" franchise goalie--if one appears.

So far Crawford's play has been excellent.

Health? Still a lingering question.

Next franchise goalie? Nothing realistic in the system within the next 2 years.
while you make a great point, anything can happen and i would rather do a wait and see how the team continues to gel and develop as a unit.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He's starting tonight and Delia is set for tomorrow. So far Lankenin is with the team but that's a tight scenario.

I wondered if maybe Forsberg now post waivers would be on the trade wire for some random nothingness ahl player or late pick. Or if they're planning to shift in Lankenin a rare game. Hes only played 2 games so far and not impressively

Other note Stan is at the Rockford game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00