Confirmed with Link: Forsberg on waivers

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Consider the situation though. He was given the chance to be the the guy when one of the best goalies in the NHL went down after holding one of the most anemic team defenses at the playoff line for 3 months.

There are only a handful of goalies who, if thrust in that position, wouldn't have failed; we're talking Price, Lunqvist, Rinne, Quick, MAF, Holtby, hell, even Crawford--that level of goaltender. Who the hell would have expected Forsberg to come in out of literally nowhere and be elite?

He was simply not good. The skaters are who failed miserably.

ahhh SB

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Being waived is not the end of the world - and is the best thing for Forsberg right now. He needs to play a lot more than he has, then we'll see where we're at with him.
very true, he still might develop as SB had envision .... but he needs time to continue to develop.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Ward didn't struggle much

He made timely saves and only real bad game was vs Leafs

Also Forsberg was injured was he not for first couple of year?

yes I believe you are right. Forsberg injured his hand in a warmup in Ottawa and they flew Delia in to backup

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He's a big goalie who plays small. i put alot of blame for that on the goalie coach.

:huh:

I'm pretty sure the consensus is that Waite is one of the better goalie coaches in the NHL...

Sometimes I have to wonder where you come up with this stuff. Your hate for Bowman is bordering on BWC levels of obsession at this point. So Stan expected Forsberg to come in and immediately be elite? :huh:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

I'm pretty sure the consensus is that Waite is one of the better goalie coaches in the NHL...

Sometimes I have to wonder where you come up with this stuff. Your hate for Bowman is bordering on BWC levels of obsession at this point. So Stan expected Forsberg to come in and immediately be elite? :huh:
lets look back. SD was traded leaving a major hole in the system. SB made a trade and soon the heir is Forsberg and CC..... come the offseason and the Bhawk didn't further looked into addressing that goaltending hole......

dislike SB yes.... not b/c he did something to me.... dislike him b/c i think he is over-rated..... yes.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

what gets me in a lot of trouble is the immensity of the idea that SB can do no wrong.......

i could care less for this feelings, i just want the Bhawks to win

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
lets look back. SD was traded leaving a major hole in the system. SB made a trade and soon the heir is Forsberg and CC..... come the offseason and the Bhawk didn't further looked into addressing that goaltending hole......

dislike SB yes.... not b/c he did something to me.... dislike him b/c i think he is over-rated..... yes.

Stan brought in multiple goalies to compete for the backup job. They all sucked. Shit happens. Again, you just stated that Bowman expected Forsberg to come in and immediately be an elite goaltender... when I'm pretty sure that's not the way he expected it to happen at all. I highly doubt he traded for Forsberg and said "This guy is going to be an elite goalie from the beginning."

It's bitching just to bitch about him most the time with you.

No one thinks that he can do no wrong. But some people go way over the top with their criticism of him, and don't recognize the things he has done really well.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Stan brought in multiple goalies to compete for the backup job. They all sucked. **** happens. Again, you just stated that Bowman expected Forsberg to come in and immediately be an elite goaltender... when I'm pretty sure that's not the way he expected it to happen at all. I highly doubt he traded for Forsberg and said "This guy is going to be an elite goalie from the beginning."

It's *****ing just to ***** about him most the time with you.

No one thinks that he can do no wrong. But some people go way over the top with their criticism of him, and don't recognize the things he has done really well.

comes with the territory of posting on a sports forum.

btw, Forsberg was probably brought in to backup CC.... circumstances chg and force Forsberg into the starting role..... he, SB was not prepared for the "what if" scenario.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

It was Darling or Crow. Both was not an option. Bowman made hole is a laughable comment because it doesn’t even use hindsight (Darling was bad last year and got complacent). Bowman makes the correct move and you seem to be trying to spin it as he created a hole.

Here is a fact, Bowman until last season had always provided this team with an elite backup and goaltending.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
comes with the territory of posting on a sports forum.

btw, Forsberg was probably brought in to backup CC.... circumstances chg and force Forsberg into the starting role..... he, SB was not prepared for the "what if" scenario.

I'm pretty sure Forsberg was brought in as a developmental goalie, or to compete for the backup job, at best. And that went down the drain with Crow getting hurt. He had other goalies here to compete for the spot, also. Remember Glass and Berube? None of it worked out. Like I said, shit happens. But you stated "Stan expected Forsberg to come in and be elite from the beginning." and it's just not factual in any way. It's made up BS by you. It's silly speculation on your part, because you have issues with Bowman, and nothing more than that. Your hatred for Bowman blinds you, just like most other "haters" of him.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It was Darling or Crow. Both was not an option. Bowman made hole is a laughable comment because it doesn’t even use hindsight (Darling was bad last year and got complacent). Bowman makes the correct move and you seem to be trying to spin it as he created a hole.

Here is a fact, Bowman until last season had always provided this team with an elite backup and goaltending.

and when he was ready to show something, he saddled this team with the goal-tending the team had....

a GM had to have everything ready for the weakest idea of "what-if"...... same thing goes to his filling out the team....

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'm pretty sure Forsberg was brought in as a developmental goalie, or to compete for the backup job, at best. And that went down the drain with Crow getting hurt. He had other goalies here to compete for the spot, also. Remember Glass and Berube? None of it worked out. Like I said, **** happens. But you stated "Stan expected Forsberg to come in and be elite from the beginning." and it's just not factual in any way. It's made up BS by you. It's silly speculation on your part, because you have issues with Bowman, and nothing more than that.

and who was the first backup to take over ..... Forsberg.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
and when he was ready to show something, he saddled this team with the goal-tending the team had....

a GM had to have everything ready for the weakest idea of "what-if"...... same thing goes to his filling out the team....

Sometimes that's just not possible... They do the best they can with what they have/are given. And that's all they can do. I love when people just expect the GM to magically pull a rabbit out of a hat all the time.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
and who was the first backup to take over ..... Forsberg.

What does this have to do with any of what you said, and why do you keep ignoring the important part of my posts? The fact that you made something up because of your hatred for Bowman. Something that was factually incorrect, and something that you're driven to say simply by blind, unwarranted hatred for Bowman.

The fact that Forsberg was the first to take over as backup has nothing to do with what you said about "Bowman expecting Forsberg to immediately come in and be elite."

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Sometimes that's just not possible... They do the best they can with what they have/are given. And that's all they can do. I love when people just expect the GM to magically pull a rabbit out of a hat all the time.
true and a good GM will see this and try to fix the team.... they are expected to soothsayers, future reading of the tea leaves, foolish thought process.... yes.

but as i said many times over. i am of the "what have you done for me lately" thinking.....

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Jimmy Waite? LOL

Maybe you're thinking of Stephane?

I think in general NHL coaches aren't that focused on player development anyway. They are there to get the maximum day-to-day performance out of the players at hand. There are other leagues you can go to develop your skills. The NHL isn't the place to learn on the job. Even practise for a backup is often focused on just giving the more valuable day-to-day talent, ie. skaters, someone to beat.

A young goalie should probably start a game a week to develop, or just send him down. Veteran backups are more ideal for work horse starters.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Jimmy Waite? LOL

Maybe you're thinking of Stephane?

I think in general NHL coaches aren't that focused on player development anyway. They are there to get the maximum day-to-day performance out of the players at hand. There are other leagues you can go to develop your skills. The NHL isn't the place to learn on the job. Even practise for a backup is often focused on just giving the more valuable day-to-day talent, ie. skaters, someone to beat.

A young goalie should probably start a game a week to develop, or just send him down. Veteran backups are more ideal for work horse starters.

Yeah, forgot he's with Montreal and not Chicago these days.

That said, you don't have to be a good NHL goalie to be a good goalie coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad