Confirmed with Link: Forsberg on waivers

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Can't say that I'm too shocked, though a tad surprised he didn't see any action whatsoever, but hopefully a good sign that they're confident that Crow's fully back and here to stay without any signs of recurring issues.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Fo4wberg needed to go on the waivers in order for the Bhawks to move him to the minors......

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Watch him go Capitals. And you know what will happen.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I’m disappointed he never got a start while Crawford was out. Especially considering how much Ward struggled in the first couple. Hoping it was at least just all misfortunatly timed injuries but can’t rule out Q being Q.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I’m disappointed he never got a start while Crawford was out. Especially considering how much Ward struggled in the first couple. Hoping it was at least just all misfortunatly timed injuries but can’t rule out Q being Q.

Ward didn't struggle much

He made timely saves and only real bad game was vs Leafs

Also Forsberg was injured was he not for first couple of year?

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Ward didn't struggle much

He made timely saves and only real bad game was vs Leafs

Also Forsberg was injured was he not for first couple of year?
I think he struggled through the first 3 games and then after that he’s been about what I expected.

Forsberg got hurt but he backed up all games but 1. It’s very possible that he wasn’t good to start but without knowing for sure it’s hard for me to give Q the benefit of the doubt regarding roster decisions.

If he was ready, Forsberg should have started against the Leafs on that back to back.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

I mean, what would it have changed? The Hawks were locked into Ward (for better or worse) and if Crow came back and showed he was good to go, this was always going to be how it played out.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He got more then enough chances last year to show what he could do

How exactly was he not properly used here? He was backup behind one of the best goalies in NHL

Then when given chance to be guy when that goalie went out he failed miserably

Last edited:
Reactions: LarmerHOF

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I could be wrong but I feel like he won't get claimed. Hawks didn't showcase him at all this season and he wasn't great last year.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
atta boy stan, so you trade a top 10 point getter in the NHL in Panarin along with Tyler Motte for Saad who is now a 4th liner on the hawks and barely belongs in the NHL the way he is playing and Forsberg who is now waived cause the hawks know he sucks.

Great asset management Stan

Panarin continues to pour in the points
Motte is an everyday NHLer albeit with the Canucks but he is certainly better than Kunitz and Martinsen are

and Saad who sucks balls

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I doubt he gets claimed. He hasn't shown anything and he'd need to stay up if he gets claimed. Who even has an opening for a backup?

If anything, someone might trade for him once he clears. The he can be a third stringer. An AHL scrub for an AHL scrub deal.

Reactions: BobbyJet and LDF

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think you are probably right. Claiming a goalie is different than a skater.
yep, and the team that claims him needs to roster him, so unless some long term injuries are out there, not seeing much with Quick back, Murray back or soon to be...maybe Florida if Luongo misses time...not many landing spots for him right now, I think he makes it through to Rockford.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
yep, and the team that claims him needs to roster him, so unless some long term injuries are out there, not seeing much with Quick back, Murray back or soon to be...maybe Florida if Luongo misses time...not many landing spots for him right now, I think he makes it through to Rockford.
Problem then is what happens to Lankinen?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The NYR can send Georgiev back to the AHL, WSH can send Copley down without worrying about him getting claimed, Philly may think he is better than Pickard, NSH has Rinne on IR right now, WPG and PIT may think he is better than their back ups.
Not saying it's a guarantee, but there is room for him out there.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I doubt he gets claimed. He hasn't shown anything and he'd need to stay up if he gets claimed. Who even has an opening for a backup?

If anything, someone might trade for him once he clears. The he can be a third stringer. An AHL scrub for an AHL scrub deal.
the is more of a scenario that i can envision.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
The NYR can send Georgiev back to the AHL, WSH can send Copley down without worrying about him getting claimed, Philly may think he is better than Pickard, NSH has Rinne on IR right now, WPG and PIT may think he is better than their back ups.
Not saying it's a guarantee, but there is room for him out there.
whoever Philly drops, pick them up, they will e a star in a few years lol

Reactions: Hawkaholic

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
atta boy stan, so you trade a top 10 point getter in the NHL in Panarin along with Tyler Motte for Saad who is now a 4th liner on the hawks and barely belongs in the NHL the way he is playing and Forsberg who is now waived cause the hawks know he sucks.

Great asset management Stan

Panarin continues to pour in the points
Motte is an everyday NHLer albeit with the Canucks but he is certainly better than Kunitz and Martinsen are

and Saad who sucks balls
the failure maturing as hope last season really make this trade a very obvious failure. that means Forsberg and Saad a real painful vision that we, the fans can see ALL the time.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
He got more then enough chances last year to show what he could do

How exactly was he not properly used here? He was backup behind one of the best goalies in NHL

Then when given chance to be guy when that goalie went out he failed miserably

Consider the situation though. He was given the chance to be the the guy when one of the best goalies in the NHL went down after holding one of the most anemic team defenses at the playoff line for 3 months.

There are only a handful of goalies who, if thrust in that position, wouldn't have failed; we're talking Price, Lunqvist, Rinne, Quick, MAF, Holtby, hell, even Crawford--that level of goaltender. Who the hell would have expected Forsberg to come in out of literally nowhere and be elite?

He was simply not good. The skaters are who failed miserably.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->