Confirmed with Link: Forsberg on waivers

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
He got more then enough chances last year to show what he could do

How exactly was he not properly used here? He was backup behind one of the best goalies in NHL

Then when given chance to be guy when that goalie went out he failed miserably

When the Hawks knew the season was over and they had no chance of making the playoffs Forsberg should have been forced to play the season out as the #1. It was a chance to give him more game experience and force him to deal with the ups and downs (more downs than up for him) of an NHL season.

He has shown that he is past the AHL and ready for the NHL or back to Europe.

Giving all those games to Jeff Glass who the Hawks had no intent on resigning was a waste of game experience just given away. It would have been better to give Forsberg and Delia those games instead of Glass and Berube. Glass played 15 games if those were given to Forsberg he would have played 50 games. Even if he would have blown up every game he would have got more experience and the team would have had a higher draft pick. Could have had Zadina...not that Boqvist isn't a great pick up.

If he was still in the plans and Glass wasn't then the games should have been given to somebody who was in the plans.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
When the Hawks knew the season was over and they had no chance of making the playoffs Forsberg should have been forced to play the season out as the #1. It was a chance to give him more game experience and force him to deal with the ups and downs (more downs than up for him) of an NHL season.

Giving all those games to Jeff Glass who the Hawks had no intent on resigning was a waste of game experience just given away. It would have been better to give Forsberg and Delia those games instead of Glass and Berube. Glass played 15 games if those were given to Forsberg he would have played 50 games. Even if he would have blown up every game he would have got more experience and the team would have had a higher draft pick. Could have had Zadina...not that Boqvist isn't a great pick up.

If he was still in the plans and Glass wasn't then the games should have been given to somebody who was in the plans.

When Glass was playing there was the period where they WERE in a playoff spot. He got like 7 or so points out of possible 10 in his first 5 starts. They were in a playoff spot.

So this argument is outrage at not facts of the situations. And to say plau delia then is beyond foolish because that's before he was even showing success in the ahl. It was him as a below .900 netminder without much to show he was even AHL ready then and still you need a guy like that playing a lot of ahl games.

And Forsberg cleared waivers.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
and when he was ready to show something, he saddled this team with the goal-tending the team had....

a GM had to have everything ready for the weakest idea of "what-if"...... same thing goes to his filling out the team....

You know there is a salary cap right? Teams can only prepare so much.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
What does this have to do with any of what you said, and why do you keep ignoring the important part of my posts? The fact that you made something up because of your hatred for Bowman. Something that was factually incorrect, and something that you're driven to say simply by blind, unwarranted hatred for Bowman.

The fact that Forsberg was the first to take over as backup has nothing to do with what you said about "Bowman expecting Forsberg to immediately come in and be elite."
you keep harping on my suppose hatred of SB.... that is not true. i do not know him from Adam.... i do have a disdain for him as a GM and if he gets the Bhawks another SC, great..... now work to get the team another, no lollygagging to smell the Roses.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

that has more to do with the mindset of Q than SB.....

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You know there is a salary cap right? Teams can only prepare so much.
haha .... i have been waiting for someone to bring up the Salary cap era..... pls do not forget the amount of contracts a teams can max out on as well.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
haha .... i have been waiting for someone to bring up the Salary cap era..... pls do not forget the amount of contracts a teams can max out on as well.

Yes and both are factors to why GMs can't go 4-5 goalies deep.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Yes and both are factors to why GMs can't go 4-5 goalies deep.
And goalies won’t sign places where there’s already 3-4 options there. There’s only one net and these guys aren’t stupid, they’ll go where they can get an opportunity to showcase their talent. I’m pretty sure Stan was in on Cal Peterson that summer too but I think the Forsberg trade + Berube signing might have scared him away.

I think it’s pretty ridiculous to expect to have over 3 legit NHL ready goaltenders in your system “just in case”.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
And goalies won’t sign places where there’s already 3-4 options there. There’s only one net and these guys aren’t stupid, they’ll go where they can get an opportunity to showcase their talent. I’m pretty sure Stan was in on Cal Peterson that summer too but I think the Forsberg trade + Berube signing might have scared him away.

I think it’s pretty ridiculous to expect to have over 3 legit NHL ready goaltenders in your system “just in case”.
and going back to the previous discussion Forsberg was not NHL ready nor was anyone else that was brought in.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
you keep harping on my suppose hatred of SB.... that is not true. i do not know him from Adam.... i do have a disdain for him as a GM and if he gets the Bhawks another SC, great..... now work to get the team another, no lollygagging to smell the Roses.

I'm talking about your hatred of him as a GM...

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
and going back to the previous discussion Forsberg was not NHL ready nor was anyone else that was brought in.
You could make the same case for both Darling and Raanta and they both worked out beautifully.

And there was a very strong case for Forsberg being NHL ready. Forsberg had actually done pretty damn well in the minors the past few years, including a playoff run where he played 10 games and had a .946 sv% and a OT shutout win to clinch the Calder cup.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You could make the same case for both Darling and Raanta and they both worked out beautifully.

And there was a very strong case for Forsberg being NHL ready. Forsberg had actually done pretty damn well in the minors the past few years, including a playoff run where he played 10 games and had a .946 sv% and a OT shutout win to clinch the Calder cup.
and he still wasn't ready to take over.... a lack of judging in the players talents.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
and here we go again in circles.

:huh:

This entire time I've been talking about your hatred of him as a GM. Not going in circles. Your last post you talked about not hating him because you don't know him. But you have "disdain" for him as a GM. Which is what I've been talking about the entire time... your hatred of him as a GM, not a personal hatred of the man, himself. And that the hate as a GM is unwarranted, and causes you to say things that are just incorrect like: Stan Bowman expected Forsberg to come in and be elite from the beginning

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Forsberg sucks

No one wanted him for free

He can go down to Rock and stew on that truth

He has no future in Chicago at end of day and will only be back up if we have injury

Ward is just stopgap and Forsberg has proven not to be answer to the question of heir to Crawford

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
:huh:

This entire time I've been talking about your hatred of him as a GM. Not going in circles. Your last post you talked about not hating him because you don't know him. But you have "disdain" for him as a GM. Which is what I've been talking about the entire time... your hatred of him as a GM, not a personal hatred of the man, himself. And that the hate as a GM is unwarranted, and causes you to say things that are just incorrect like: Stan Bowman expected Forsberg to come in and be elite from the beginning
some other poster threw something out there. i was mostly responding to that comment.

we are on the same page thou about SB and my disdain/hatred of him as a GM. but i am serious and i mean no offense when i said we are going in circles. this is what it feel like to me.

pls accept this as i mean it. i mean no offense and i am done on this topic. you know we can bring this topic again in the future......

Reactions: ChiHawks10

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
lets look back. SD was traded leaving a major hole in the system. SB made a trade and soon the heir is Forsberg and CC..... come the offseason and the Bhawk didn't further looked into addressing that goaltending hole......

dislike SB yes.... not b/c he did something to me.... dislike him b/c i think he is over-rated..... yes.
You're forgetting the point that Forsberg came in essentially as a rookie. That's not "Heir apparent". Much like Niemi in 2010 and Crawford in 2011 neither were expected to come in and be the next Vladislav Tretiak.

In a nutshell: Stan couldn't do much about the G situation until the status of Crawford was 100% fleshed out. Crawford as-injured would be impossible to move. A goaltender who could back up what the 'hawks call "Team Defense" would cost the 'hawks 6M or more in cap--and likely over multiple seasons.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
You're forgetting the point that Forsberg came in essentially as a rookie. That's not "Heir apparent". Much like Niemi in 2010 and Crawford in 2011 neither were expected to come in and be the next Vladislav Tretiak.

In a nutshell: Stan couldn't do much about the G situation until the status of Crawford was 100% fleshed out. Crawford as-injured would be impossible to move. A goaltender who could back up what the 'hawks call "Team Defense" would cost the 'hawks 6M or more in cap--and likely over multiple seasons.
i disagree with this.

i will say that SB couldn't do anything, if he could b/c of the expansion situation.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Where is Forsberg going to get the starts. Going to take them away from Collin? Or our very capable backup in Kevin?
He's gotta go
Has Lankenin shown anything to declare him as a capable backup at the AHL level yet? It doesnt seem so but only has got 2 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->