Tribute Former Stars Thread

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
The reason I suspected it was systems related is when I tried to correlate his decline to an injury, I realized the correlation was much stronger with when Bowness took over. My explanation for that is perhaps he struggles in a structured offense because he relies so much on misdirection.

It might just be an early decline due to injury but we'll know more when he gets traded at the deadline to a team in a better position to utilize his skills, which are still clearly visible if you can tolerate a Ducks game. He's making a lot of blunders right now.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Now for a positive John post - He's quietly second in assists on the Ducks
it’s quiet because he finally just scored his first goal of the season. Not giving him 7-8 years appears to have been a very lucky thing so far. Still should have moved him for a pick imo but I’m not mad at settling for the extra cap space especially with the contracts we are about to have to give Hintz, Otter and Robo within the time Klingberg would still be under that contract. Dellandrea, Wyatt, Nils and hopefully the other kids look like they’re going to earn lesser but still somewhat significant deals as well.

Who knows? Maybe Klinger gets moved to a contender and shows up again on the stat sheet.

pbatx

Feb 26, 2015
Austin, TX
Of course its age related. It’s shocking that people still wanted to sign a 30 year old to a long term 7M contract. There’s no fountain of youth for 95% of players.
This may go down as the greatest bullet dodge of Nill's tenure here, ala "The Matrix" movie, starring Keanuea Reeves of "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" fame, where the main character dodges lots of bullets, maybe you've seen it. It's that same thing metaphorically, here.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
This may go down as the greatest bullet dodge of Nill's tenure here, ala "The Matrix" movie, starring Keanuea Reeves of "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" fame, where the main character dodges lots of bullets, maybe you've seen it. It's that same thing metaphorically, here.
No spoilers

Reactions: pbatx

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
It seems that Klingberg's stock continues to fall hard, albeit admittedly on a terrible Ducks team. It’s no wonder he fired his agent: overestimated his value to the Stars, then overestimated his value to the league, and then overestimated his value to the Stars a second time before rejecting their final offer and signing at-last a one-year “show me” deal.

The guy played like garbage his last year here, complained about it and implied he was worth a big contract, and is now playing like garbage for another team. I’m confident he can rebound in the right situation; but I’m really glad the Stars stuck to their guns on this one.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
His offense really didn't drop off last year, as he had about his career average PPG, but his +/- was really terrible, having started to go negative numbers back in 2019.

Oddly, given our second unit PP woes, I could see the Stars actually being interested in him at the TDL for limited services, providing they can work the cap out, and providing there are no hard feelings. You have to believe that JK would like the familiarity and PO chances of the Stars unless he had a burr in his saddle. Nill didn't seem to have any hard feelings, and says the numbers just weren't going to work.

Reactions: DieselPig

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He was better last season than he was during the pandemic year but that was mostly on offense. Defensively he's been bad for quite a while now. I find it amazing how different Esa and Klingers +/- are from last year. I know the stat doesn't mean a whole lot but if two players that regularly play together on a pairing have this different of a +/- something is off.

Esa +4 , Klingberg -28 . Thats just wierd.

Last edited:
Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad